Invention: tool that pumps the the bulb.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Anonymous FT Member

Re: Invention: tool that pumps the the bulb.

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:12 am

I can't imagine something being so difficult to press and pump. People can injure their hands doing stuff like that, and then arthritis sets in and you've got hand and finger problems.

How could arthritic hands work with something that difficult?

I agree it is 2022 and with all the tech gadgets out there I am surprised they don't have an electric pump of some kind. They can make pacemakers last several years, so why couldn't they make a small pump to last? What would really hook people would be if they made something compatible with the persons smart phone. That way they could use their phone to erect their penis, or their wife could remotely control it from somewhere else. The wife could swipe left or tap to erect the penis.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:26 am

PSSDorAmINormal wrote: or their wife could remotely control it from somewhere else. The wife could swipe left or tap to erect the penis.

Or a disgruntled mistress or ex make the erecion go away or pop up at inopportune moments?

Keep those passwords secure, guys.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:48 am

I can't remember which but either the AMS or Coloplast pump is easier to pump than the other. The electric pump has been in the works for years and is most likely years away still. I tried to be put on a list to try one out when they had trials. I hurt my thumb with activation on mine and use the pad below my thumb and fingers. It would be nice if when the electric pump comes out they make a pump kit to upgrade men with recent IPP. Leave the cylinders and reservoir and just replace the pump in the scrotum with the electric one. Just think with the electric pump you can be activated right after surgery. And doctors could actually program cycling protocol during surgery and even adjust pressure.

But back to the thread subject. A small rechargeable device would be great for men with hand problems. And if designed properly there should be no problem with pressing the deflate button when inflating. Due to pump differences one would be need for each pump.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:11 am

My dad used a hammer to fix everything! :lol: :lol: :lol:
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

SmoothOperator

Postby SmoothOperator » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:51 am

Lost Sheep wrote:I imagine that if the pump should fail and the manufacturer were to find out that you were using pliers or the like to increase pumping efficiency, there would be a challenge to the warranty.

However, the good news is that there is research into having an electric pump powered by an implanted rechargeable battery (not unlike pacemaker battery system) to pump up an inflatable implant.

Imagine not having to pump up at all! You can say to your partner, "Watch this!" and you can both watch the erection rise like the full moon on the Eastern horizon.

Imagine if that battery could also power a built in vibrator. Now that would be a money maker!
59 years old married to a wonderful wife. Diagnosed at 54 with Prostate Cancer. Radical Prostatectomy in 07/18. ED since surgery. Pills, pumps and injections worked at first but eventually failed. Coloplast Titan Touch implanted on June 23,2020.

Anonymous FT Member

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:22 pm

newbie443 wrote:I can't remember which but either the AMS or Coloplast pump is easier to pump than the other. The electric pump has been in the works for years and is most likely years away still. I tried to be put on a list to try one out when they had trials. I hurt my thumb with activation on mine and use the pad below my thumb and fingers.

You hurt your thumb activating your implant. My question is how can you press that hard on the scrotal skin? Doesn't that hurt?

Anonymous FT Member

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:24 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:Or a disgruntled mistress or ex make the erection go away or pop up at inopportune moments?

Keep those passwords secure, guys.

Now that would make for some futuristic erotic literature!

Injustright

Postby Injustright » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:53 pm

This prospect gives me another reason to shave my pubes again when my recovery gets rolling so I’ll have fewer things to make my fingers slip. Now I have to contemplate if I need to sandpaper my fingers…
Decades+ ED; finally ultrasound showed venous leak+arterial insufficiency. Infrapubic (Yay!) implant by Dr. Karpman 8/9/22; with 13 cm distal, 9 proximal Titan. Cleared for new life 9/1/22 and hoping to make up for lost time.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:37 am

It's probably years away yet, but there is development of an all-in-one implant. The pump and reservoir in one unit activated by a remote or phone app.
To inflate I use both hands. Bulb between left thumb and index, right fingers curled under bulb to stabilize it. Sometimes I use both thumbs to inflate over middle knuckles of index fingers.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:21 pm

Injustright wrote:This prospect gives me another reason to shave my pubes again when my recovery gets rolling so I’ll have fewer things to make my fingers slip. Now I have to contemplate if I need to sandpaper my fingers…

I'm just thinking out loud here. I see gymnasts, weight lifters & some other sports use a white powder on their hands. I don't know if its all the same powder but I'll guess that some talc or rosin might improve your grip. Try looking in the sporting goods aisle. You might find some grip powder for tennis players.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”