Few questions regarding implants

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
cth524

Few questions regarding implants

Postby cth524 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:38 pm

Ok alittle about myself. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer last year and has been almost a year since my prostatectomy. I still have urinary incontinence that is moderate and erectile dysfunction. Only thing that works to get me hard or usable is my bimix injection. Over the course of 7 months I had developed some plaque causing peyronie's. I hate injections cause sometimes it's a hit or miss and causing more issues. When using my pump I don't get anywhere near as engorged and I then have a bad curve.
My question is is Dr Rafael Carrion good? I will need a penile implant, a jupette sling, suprapubic fat removal, and scrotum webbing removed. My hope is I don't loose any girth and hope to gain some since I'm not that big, just average I guess. I also now have pancreatic cancer and undergoing whipple surgery the 26th of this month.
One last question is do you prefer a female doctor or nurse or a male? I prefer a female because they seem to be easier to talk to and feel more comfortable undressing in front of them. I was molested when I was younger and have been traumatized ever since even 35 years or so later. Given that, when I get a implant done will I always have a semi erection? If so how do you tell your doctor other than urologist that you have a semi and can't control it? That's my only fear as I don't want to have an erection in office. Thanks

Txagq8

Re: Few questions regarding implants

Postby Txagq8 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:43 pm

I’ve been moving furniture today to a recently restored 1890s house and it’s a million degrees outside in sunny central Texas so I am gonna sit where it’s cool and give out advice. Some of it might even be worthwhile.

First of all, Cth, let me say I’m sorry you’re facing these health problems and I hope and pray for your full and speedy recovery. I have friends who have had the Whipple procedure. It’s not an easy surgery or an overnight recovery, although the fact that they are recommending it in your case is certainly grounds for optimism. They usually hold off on surgically addressing pancreatic unless they believe it’ll be curative.

Get that out of the way before you spend any time at all worrying about an implant. It’s a question of priorities. Get the Whipple done. Six months after that’s out of the way start looking at implants.

I think it’s good that you know all of the things you want done….but I also think you would do well just to find a urological surgeon you trust, close enough to you for follow up care, and let him design a treatment plan that does what you want. Based on the installation you may find you don’t need fat removal or anything done to your penoscrotal webbing. Before my surgery I had s real bad “turkey neck” penoscrotal web. After surgery it just disappeared. I asked the doctor if he removed it. He said no…and in looking under the dressing (3 days after surgery) there was no incision, no sutures. Not sure how or why it disappeared…some abnormality I guess in my original corporeal bodies.

What I’m trying to say…get the lifesaving surgery out of the way. Once you’ve recovered, find a urological/implant surgeon you like and trust, and follow their advice. You don’t need to overthink this. That’s why you or your insurance carrier is paying the doctor.

Don’t sweat size. None of us guys with implants wanted to lose size. Surgeons don’t want to piss off their customers and develop horrible reputations either. Reality is that you might lose something measurable in fractions of an inch, but unless someone is badly undersized that’s really all you’re looking at….fractions. Note: if you’re thick (like 6” girth or greater), an AMS product has some limitations. If you’re average, you aren’t likely to lose girth regardless of the type implant.

You asked the question, so I’ll answer. For this stuff I prefer a male doc and PA. No reason, it’s just my comfort zone. I’m 66. Played sports in school, spent 23 years in Army. Being naked around and having guys see my junk is no big deal. Too many locker rooms and communal showers to worry. Uncomfortable experience with female dermatologist and female nurse trying to biopsy a suspicious mole on my nutsack. They acted afraid of moving things around (they’re medical professionals—-it was ridiculous). I finally asked “would it help if I held my penis out of the way so you can get a good look at what you’re trying to cut?” So when it comes to dealing with my junk, give me doctors who have the same equipment. But….based on your history, if you want a female doctor. Look for and find one. We are talking about you. Whoever YOU get to do the work has to be somebody YOU like and more important, YOU trust.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

cth524

Re: Few questions regarding implants

Postby cth524 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:02 pm

Txagq8 thanks for that information it was greatly appreciated and very helpful. Yes my priority is the whipple surgery but I am dying to get an implant because these injections suck.

Return to “Implants”