When do you consider that you are psychologically prepared to receive an implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
España1980

When do you consider that you are psychologically prepared to receive an implant?

Postby España1980 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:36 pm

Hello, I have problems with my penis, and I know that sooner or later there will be the option of getting an implant. What's more, I think that if I told the doctor to put it on, I would put it on because of my situation. But I am terrified of having something inside that is not mine, and especially my head, I mean psychologically, I take many anxiolytics for this issue that does not let me live comfortably, and I am thinking of starting with antidepressants (and I know it is worse because it would give me more erectile dysfunction and I would lose size, but either my mental health or my penis) because I wake up thinking about my penis and I go to bed thinking about my penis. This afternoon walking on the beach I was imagining that I decided to get an implant and when I put my hand in my underpants my penis would measure 6 centimeters, when its erect size would be about 18. And I measure these 6 cm because of my state of anxiety that causes it to shrink and atrophy at that time. So I thought that if that anxiety gave me an implant inside when my penis shrank, it would be detrimental and my body would be asking to expel the cylinders. I am terrified of making up my mind and that I would have an anxiety attack in which my whole body shrinks and of course the penis is the first to shrink having some tubes inside. Or thinking of waking up after the operation and that great pain and seeing a penis shape that is not yours all your life. and the inflating and deflating and the pain; and sensitivity and being able to ejaculate and not have problems with the glans. So many things terrify me. That's why asking you when do you consider that one is really prepared to take the step of the implant? And any of you who have taken the step of the implant had anxiety or depression and were you medicated? because I think then that I am one of the weakest people there is, I see many implanted men who didn't even think about it and come on, come on and it went well. But I think that in my case it would be a war for seconds in my mind until I fully recover and that would be an extreme psychological drain in addition to thinking about all the complications that could arise. and that makes me doubt a lot. Thank you, I look forward to your answers.

Cdogg737

Re: When do you consider that you are psychologically prepared to receive an implant?

Postby Cdogg737 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:18 pm

I think what you have described is more common than you realise. Making that decision can be really hard and I was like you where I was very reluctant to let go of the 'natural' me for something artifical.

For me what really sealed the deal as far as taking that step was a couple of things. Firstly, I had seen alot of information on satisfaction rates after getting an implant and it was really high (I cant remember exactly, but it was like 90% or something), so immediately I knew that the vast majority of guys were happier once they had it done.
I also saw some comments on here where guys had an implant, the surgery didnt go to plan or they needed a revision after a short time etc, they had what seemed like a bad experience to me, yet they still were saying that they had no regrets, they made the right decision and now it was just a matter of working through whatever issue they were having. I found that to be incredible, that they could still be saying that it was the right thing to do despite these bad experiences.

So that was part of what helped me to decide, but by far the most significant thing was that I finally accepted the fact that the penis I currently had was useless. It was causing me more humiliation, more stress, more desperation. It was doing me no favours whatsoever and it may as well as not even been there. Of course I was concerned about losing some size, but at the same time I thought what good is the size I have if I cant use it.
Once I came to terms with that, I took the plunge and became one of those guys I had initally read about - no regrets, despite a bad experience following the first surgery, Id do it all again and wish I had done it sooner.
42y.o. Married. ED for entire life, PDE-5s worked in my 20s, then began to fail. Caverject worked but often unavailable.
Implanted with Titan touch 23.2.21 20cm cyl 1cm RTE. By Dr Hii.
Revision due to crossover done by Dr Malone on 21.3.22.
Qld Australia

España1980

Re: When do you consider that you are psychologically prepared to receive an implant?

Postby España1980 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:59 pm

Cdogg thank you. what bad experience did you have? today you totally enjoy sex? you ejaculate and have good sensitivity in the glans?

crazyjoe

Postby crazyjoe » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:44 pm

I take the same meds you do and had apprehensions. But when I considered the choice between progressively worsening ED vs a dependable working dick, I really had no choice. And I have been totally happy with the outcome -- it's magical from my view.
Talk with a high volume doc like Eid and see if that gives you some confidence.
75, used pills, injections -- all lost effectiveness. Titan implanted by Eid in Feb '22.

España1980

Postby España1980 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:53 pm

could talk to Dr. Eid but I live in Spain, and besides how difficult it would be to decide to do so. Would it be more difficult to do it in another country that is not mine, to leave the operating room and return to a newly implanted plane? pufff double fear, after any setback in the operation and would be in Spain. I think that putting on a prosthesis is very serious and it is not like putting on hair in Turkey or breasts in Venezuela. if I decided it would be here in Spain. Do you know any Spaniard who has had the operation done here or who has gone there? is there any here on the forum? Another question, does Dr. Eid do video consultati

Return to “Implants”