When do you consider that you are psychologically prepared to receive an implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: When do you consider that you are psychologically prepared to receive an implant?

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:27 pm

España1980 wrote:and what are the other options?

As infinite as your imagination.

One that comes to mind is to accept your situation and deal with it. (Sounds incredibly insensitive, but read on...)

What hurts us about anything bad thing that we experience is not so much the bad thing itself, but HOW WE RESPOND to it. Your attitude is paramount. For example, I am bald. Bruce Willis is bald. Yul Brynner was bald. Jason Statham is balding. I could have done a combover or maybe even gotten a hairpiece. Or I could own it without shame.

I was impotent. I learned to be confident in my other interpersonal talents. Women are incredibly supportive if they feel trusted, respected and SAFE. I learned other ways of sexually satisfying my lovers and did not hide anything from them. I owned by shortcoming and dealt with it in the best ways I could find. And my lovers appreciated my efforts and my respect for their sensibilities and respected me in turn for that.

Confidence carries a lot of weight in bed. Even when I told a (potential) lover that my penis does not work as well as it could, just having the confidence to admit a lack of confidence inevitably got me at least one audition. And most often, one audition led to more sexual activity.

Scary? You bet. But weigh the risk/reward ratio. And do not stop trying. A friend of mine once said, "I figure one out of ten women would go to bed with me if I just asked for sex (and the other 9 would slap me). So, if I am willing to get slapped 9 times a day, I could get laid every night." What have you got to lose?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Happy Toy

Re: When do you consider that you are psychologically prepared to receive an implant?

Postby Happy Toy » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:47 pm

For me it was the fact that my dick didn't work anymore and I was not ready to give up sex yet. I felt that I had nothing to lose and everything to gain, and I was right! Love my implant.
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

España1980

Postby España1980 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:58 pm

Thank you

crazyjoe

Postby crazyjoe » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:33 pm

I would certainly echo HappyToy's comment. As I have said on this forum before, to me it's a magical wonderful thing!
75, used pills, injections -- all lost effectiveness. Titan implanted by Eid in Feb '22.

1380anthony

Postby 1380anthony » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:56 pm

España1980 wrote:Hello, I have problems with my penis, and I know that sooner or later there will be the option of getting an implant. What's more, I think that if I told the doctor to put it on, I would put it on because of my situation. But I am terrified of having something inside that is not mine, and especially my head, I mean psychologically, I take many anxiolytics for this issue that does not let me live comfortably, and I am thinking of starting with antidepressants (and I know it is worse because it would give me more erectile dysfunction and I would lose size, but either my mental health or my penis) because I wake up thinking about my penis and I go to bed thinking about my penis. This afternoon walking on the beach I was imagining that I decided to get an implant and when I put my hand in my underpants my penis would measure 6 centimeters, when its erect size would be about 18. And I measure these 6 cm because of my state of anxiety that causes it to shrink and atrophy at that time. So I thought that if that anxiety gave me an implant inside when my penis shrank, it would be detrimental and my body would be asking to expel the cylinders. I am terrified of making up my mind and that I would have an anxiety attack in which my whole body shrinks and of course the penis is the first to shrink having some tubes inside. Or thinking of waking up after the operation and that great pain and seeing a penis shape that is not yours all your life. and the inflating and deflating and the pain; and sensitivity and being able to ejaculate and not have problems with the glans. So many things terrify me. That's why asking you when do you consider that one is really prepared to take the step of the implant? And any of you who have taken the step of the implant had anxiety or depression and were you medicated? because I think then that I am one of the weakest people there is, I see many implanted men who didn't even think about it and come on, come on and it went well. But I think that in my case it would be a war for seconds in my mind until I fully recover and that would be an extreme psychological drain in addition to thinking about all the complications that could arise. and that makes me doubt a lot. Thank you, I look forward to your answers.

Same thing happens to me, Ive been doing other treatments like shockwaves, VED, supplements etc, but I feel terrified and intimidated by penile implant. I wish there was another type of surgery without touching the corpus cavernosum, preserving it. I have lots of bad luck with things, imagine that 1% of people that use finasteride get serious irreversible side effects. Im that guy....1%. Im very scared of having the side effects of implants even if I have low chances.

Im very deeply depressed, Im considering implant if nothing works for me, but IDk if it can cause me more depression or either cure my depression since it will definitely fix my ED

1380anthony

Postby 1380anthony » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:34 pm

España1980 wrote:68 gatofan My problem is that I have corporal fibrosis, loss of rigidity in the glans, and dorsal curvature. My erectile dysfunction, in addition to being physiological, has become psychological because I can't get over everything that is happening to me in the 6 months since a sexual relationship. So, already investigating what seems to be my future (the implant) sooner or later I get the fears that I am trying to communicate with you. I'm running out of options because I almost can't even masturbate. but the implant option terrifies me, I am taking all these medications for this situation. and I also think that given my situation if I take a long time to think about it I will lose a lot of size. When I'm nervous during the day, my penis is hard, flaccid and small and I think: God, if I had an implant stuck in here right now, it would be about to explode. I don't know if you understand me well what I want to explain

I have corporal fibrosis too, it is mild. I ha e improved very litttle in systolic pressure, but I keep losing erections. Like I mentioned before, Im get scared amd terrified about surgery and implants. When I think about it, I get nauseous amd dizzy, that how scared I get. I wish there was a less invasive sugery like PotencyFlow from Implantica, but that is light years away.
Im going to check my pudendal nerve first and wait a little longer for something new for Ed. Im trying to preserve my erectile tissue with tadalafil, VED ,arginine...

Fourtytwo00

Postby Fourtytwo00 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:27 am

Tadalafil 5mg daily is a good conservative option imho while deciding what to do, especially if there are depressive issues ongoing. Some people take it at night.

Some psy conditions make people suboptimal candidates for IPP: "Compulsive/obsessive, Unrealistic, Revision, Surgeon Shopping, Entitled, Denial, and Psychiatric" (CURSED). There's a paper on that.

aslanglobal

Postby aslanglobal » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:41 pm

You clearly have a lot of anxiety. I couldn’t comment on your entire situation, but I do know personally that years of ED and poor or failed sexual adventures can lead a man’s mind to a loop of dark places. When I first got my implant, I panicked that I had something “foreign” inside me. Someone explained to me that this simply becomes part of me over time. Damn were they correct. Each day of recovery it began to feel more a new part of me, merging with my original dick. And when you get to the stage where you can fuck on command, wow, those past worries start to feel really silly.

If you really need an implant, you can either freak out about this potential additional part of you, and never or rarely have sex (And when you do manage to have sex, let the thoughts of ED anxiety ruin most of it).

Or you can accept that this is the best innovation in human history to date to make you into a bionic Superman and that little bit of anxiety is damn worth getting over. It’s your choice and we all have to make it in our own time.
37, Implanted 8/10/21. 22 cm Titan, Dr. Tariq Hakky.

España1980

Postby España1980 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:22 pm

eii 1380 anthony por que dijiste voy a revisar primero mi nervio pudendo? yo llevo varias semanas pensando lo mismo, creo que la fibrosis dorsal puede haber afectado un poco el nervio y por eso me duele el area que hay debajo de los testiculos. es un ardor escozor y ahi vuelvo a lo mismo: si me duele una pequeña fibrosis hasta los testiculos, cuanto dolerá ponerse un implante?

España1980

Postby España1980 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:29 pm

Anthonio i write PM four you

Return to “Implants”