Going Bionic, Wednesday

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Tokyo_123

Going Bionic, Wednesday

Postby Tokyo_123 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:16 am

Heya brothers,

It looks like I'll be joining the bionic brotherhood this Wednesday. Right now at Haneda Airport, Terminal 3, Tokyo headed for Houston. Arrival time will be 18 hours after liftoff. Worried about the return flight. Although I got the direct flight, it's still 12.5 hours air time, and around 18 hours door to door.

Have to say that I've been reading this forum every day since I first joined, March 1. Thank you all for the valuable insights. Fingers crossed, granted at times I question still whether I've got rocks in my head. And to think, I never even heard the term Titan / AMS before six months ago ... how things change.

Fingers crossed. I'll keep informed of my progress. If anyone's around Houston Monday / Tuesday, PM me. Hoping to be dancing by the weekend. :D
Venous Leakage (which I believe caused by my overuse of the Bathmate VED)

Dr. Clavell, August, 2022. Titan One-Touch, 24cm XL cylinders and trimmed off 0.5cm

Injustright

Re: Going Bionic, Wednesday

Postby Injustright » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:21 am

Best of luck to you. I’m slated for procedure 8/9 by Dr. Karpman in Los Gatos CA. And of all the luck despite three shots came down with COVID this week so should get that cleared up in time. Have to juggle work days off but recent ultrasound showed venous leakage AND arterial insufficiency so at least I know ED hasn’t all been in my brain. :roll:
Decades+ ED; finally ultrasound showed venous leak+arterial insufficiency. Infrapubic (Yay!) implant by Dr. Karpman 8/9/22; with 13 cm distal, 9 proximal Titan. Cleared for new life 9/1/22 and hoping to make up for lost time.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:00 am

That's one long way to come for a surgery. Do you plan to stay in town for a few days before flying back? There is no way I could sit for 12+ hours for a couple weeks after mine.
Great you found FT before your surgery so you were aware of the procedure. I went in knowing nothing, didn't find FT until 5 months after my implant.
Good Luck!
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

cwatt1

Postby cwatt1 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:25 am

Good luck! My implantation is tomorrow, August 1, with Dr. Kevin McVary at Loyola University Medical Center. It will be interesting to compare notes!
ED since using SSRI antidepressants. Unable to maintain erection sufficient for penetration. Tried PDE5's, VED, injections. AMS 700 CX implanted 8/1/2022, penoscrotal by Dr. McVary, Loyola medical center. 15cm + 1.5 and 1.0 RTE's. 65 ml reservoir.

Tokyo_123

Postby Tokyo_123 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:36 pm

Injustright wrote:Best of luck to you. I’m slated for procedure 8/9 by Dr. Karpman in Los Gatos CA. And of all the luck despite three shots came down with COVID this week so should get that cleared up in time. Have to juggle work days off but recent ultrasound showed venous leakage AND arterial insufficiency so at least I know ED hasn’t all been in my brain. :roll:

Just got the test for venous leakage. This test is not even offered in Japan. They injected me with tri-mix and told me to wait for 15 minutes for the D to swell up. Never had the tri-mix before. No swelling at all. Nothing. Zero. They tested me, flaccid. Normal amount leaking is less than 3. Mine is at 13.8. Was told that the blood flow going in the base of the D is strong, but the high venous leakage does not allow for an erection. No way to fix this. Mine is pretty severe.

old guy wrote:That's one long way to come for a surgery. Do you plan to stay in town for a few days before flying back? There is no way I could sit for 12+ hours for a couple weeks after mine.

Am concerned about this. Doctor assured me that I would get a shot to numb everything, and this numbing effect would last for three days (72 hours). Also, that since it is within three days, that the flight will be fine. He has had other international patients, and as long as they fly out within three days, it should be fine. I will also have extra pain killers just in case.

cwatt1 wrote:Good luck! My implantation is tomorrow, August 1, with Dr. Kevin McVary at Loyola University Medical Center. It will be interesting to compare notes!

Sounds good. Good luck !!

Dr. Clavell, August, 2022. Titan One-Touch, 24cm XL cylinders and trimmed off 0.5cm

Tokyo_123

Postby Tokyo_123 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:31 am

Had to arrive at the hospital at 5:30 at the morning. Requested hotel wake up call for 4:30 am, and then requested it a second time just to verify that I would get the call. Did not sleep much last evening, so by 4:15 was awake anyway.

Waited in bed .... 4:30 .... 4:40, and nope, no wake up call from the hotel staff. As I left, I asked why, and they said their wake up system was not automatic and someone had to be emailed so to call the customer personally, and something wrong with the mailing system bla, bla bla. Thinking to myself, what if I just slept until noon ????

Arrived at the hospital at 5:45. Taken immediately to the 5th floor. Nurse put in an antibiotic IV in my forearm. When it was finally inserted properly I commented: "Wow, surgery is already done ... See Ya, thanks." Good laugh. Knowing that they're strict about no eating food since last night, midnight, I offered to order and share a pepperoni pizza with the staff so long as I could have it before the surgery. :D

Doctor Clavell came by. Nice conversation. He commented that I'm quite girthy and that the Titan would work well for me. Asked him whether I would get the Genesis or One Touch. He recommended the One Touch, stating that the Genesis had problems with the materials recently, and he has had better reliability with the One Touch. I told him I heard that One Touch had a larger pump. He showed me the two pumps side to side. The pumps were the nearly identical in size. The difference was the top of the pump at the deflation valve. The part where the deflation is, the One Touch is just slightly larger. He stated that if I wanted the Genesis, he would install that. I responded that the One Touch is fine.

Surgery was over before I knew it. Woke up. Near zero pain, just groggy. Doctor came by. All I remember is that we had a nice conversation about ...... something. However, I have not a clue what we were talking about. Just remember mentioning to him that instead of all this icky operating stuff, as cutting, suturing, stitches, and other messes, it better would be to use the Star Trek transporter beam and beam the Titan into its place. He responded with "Beam me up Scotty." Beyond that dialog, I was too out of it to remember anything else we spoke about.

Was in the hospital until 3:20. The issues I had was that my mouth was extremely dry. Was told this was from the antibiotics. Also constantly kept having to pee, and yet little came out.

I have decided to just stay in the hotel all day today and tomorrow. The reason is the dressing. The doctor had put a massive dressing all around that I am suppose to wear for two days. It is tight. I'm worried that if I go outside, it will become itchy. Also perhaps it'll become infected it becomes too sweaty in hot, humid Houston.

So tonight just ordered a pepperoni pizza and have plenty of snacks to keep me happy for the now. It's now about 11:pm. On a scale of 1 to 10, pain level is less than 1. Actually, it's near zero. The doctor gave me lots of pain killers, knowing that I must fly 12.5 hours to Tokyo on Friday (actually it's more like 18 hours door to door). The only problem is that even now I keep having to pee, like twice an hour, and little comes out. I think this is due to the dressing being too tight. Need to contact the doctor tomorrow.

Just took these pictures of the dressing.

image_1.jpg
image_1.jpg (61.18 KiB) Viewed 1029 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (57.14 KiB) Viewed 1029 times

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:01 am

tokio I wish you a fast and speedy recovery, update your path to recovery with posts and photos, keep "hard".
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Tokyo_123

Postby Tokyo_123 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:42 pm

Yesterday woke up. Zero pain. However, am having difficulty urinating. I hope this does not turn into a real problem. Doctor says it's due to swelling. However, other than being bit tired, and having to urinate with only a trickle coming out, fine. The doctor says that it's swollen. He gave me lots of catheters so I can catheter myself. Whenever I do one, I take a pain pill, and it's generally fine.

Was worried about the plane trip from Houston to Tokyo, which around 13 hours, and 16 hours door to door. TSA did stop me and search. When the machine went off, I said "I've just got an implant." The women at the monitor said, really loudly "I can't deal with this sh!t anymore." :lol:

TSA agents were super nice and were like, to avoid embarrassment, perhaps we should go in private. I was like, "I could care less, I'll whip it out right here if you like." They insisted that I go to the private room, and when we got there, I showed them the doctor's handiwork. One agent asked me lots of questions --- about the implant, how long it works, what it's like, etc. Hey, the guy may be on FrankTalk soon. :D

Took ANA back, far better airline than United. Good food. Was in Premium Economy which was only an additional $300 more to the price of the ticket. Absolutely worth it. When I got my seat I saw another seat that was empty, better location in that I could stretch my legs out to the max. Then the said to the stewardess, "Is there any reason why I cannot take that seat." (Note the wording in that if she said "Yes" or "No," I'll just take the seat).

Flight was fine. Pain level on scale of 1 to 10 is around a zero. The big issue is that it likes to face forward which makes it really hard to hide. Moving it down is nearly impossible. Moving it up is what I did on the flight using a jock strap, but still it sticked out. It always sticks forward, which makes it really hard to cover. I will go to details of this in another posting.

Doctor said that it is inflated now at only 60%. Tell ya, it feels like it's inflated at 100%.

This picture was taken yesterday, which is three days after the surgery. Note that I took of almost all the dressing. There is a small amount on the bottom.

More tomorrow. Guys, I have some questions that I hope you can answer. But for now, am going to sleep.

--T

image_1.jpg
image_1.jpg (46.85 KiB) Viewed 921 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (39.98 KiB) Viewed 921 times

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:47 pm

Glad all went well. Heal up quickly.
Peeing was tough for me for a few days too. Swelling and the irritation from the catheter most likely.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Tokyo_123

Postby Tokyo_123 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:21 am

Had the operation on August 3. Today, Aug 8, I feel zero pain. I walked all around the city, and ate a restaurant. Overall, I see no issues and am in far less pain than I thought. However, I do have issues.

1. When I walk with the D inflated, I put it in my Separatec and behind a Golberg jock strap. It is fine, but after a while it does get painful, all the rubbing of my member. Especially when it is attached to my stomach. Any suggestions to protect the D while walking in public. My D naturally likes to stand straight forward at attention, which is not good while walking in public. Also, after walking with it for say over an hour, my D becomes shaped funny. Sometimes it's flat like a pancake. Sometimes it looks just way off balance. I assume that this is normal considering that it's inflated 60% and so new.

2. (and this is more serious) Am having really difficulty urinating. Nearly nothing comes out any more. According to the doctor, my unit is so very swollen that it prevents the urine passing through ... am I the only person with this problem?? Ideas how long this should last? Am now doing self-catheterization for the 1st time in my life -- after this operation. Today I went to St. Lukes and got 120 catheters for roughly $90. Laughed when they gave me Coloplast catheters, and have to say that in my four days of doing catheters, the Coloplast one's are far and away the best I've used. Perhaps it's just synergy with the Titan, but who knows. :D Not at all painful, especially with the implant just moves everything forward it easily goes right in.

Cathetor.jpg
Cathetor.jpg (129.73 KiB) Viewed 852 times

Therefore, questions is what is the best way to prevent / stop the swelling? I've read using ice and I've read using hot baths. I can do either, but confused. For icing, I froze two pep bottles and placed them around my member for as long as I can tolerate it. Is this the correct way to ice?

Freezing the member.jpg
Freezing the member.jpg (190.4 KiB) Viewed 852 times

Or, am I doing it wrong? And what about hot baths? There are plenty of Japanese hot saunas close by. Are both these methods appropriate to do the same day??

Either tomorrow or day after I am going to do a complete workup on my prostate. I really hope this urinating problems gets resolved soon. Advice to expedite appreciated.

Any questions on my experience / recovery thus far, just ask. Overall, it has been rather painless. Only difficulty has been (as said) in urinating. Also when walking and scratching my member forces me to walk like a 100 year old man. And, sitting down / standing up is a bit difficult. And I'm absolutely off all pain killers.

--T

Return to “Implants”