Dr NYC area uses AMS LGX

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jamesbond

Dr NYC area uses AMS LGX

Postby Jamesbond » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:14 am

Hi
Does anyone know a good Dr that uses AMS LGX in the NYC area?
Rather nit travel far.
Maybe east coast?
A Dr that does a lot of them.
Went to their site. They have Drs listed. Tried calling a few.
They won’t answer if they use it or what. They just want to come in so they can bill the insurance company. Years ago I saw one Dr for about 2 minutes.
He billed the insurance co. Did not answer my question.
I walked out.
Seems like every Dr uses Titan. Not sure why or if it is a reliability issue.
Maybe it is a cost issue.
Thank you.
Thinking of getting implant. Have not done it because of the length I
have lost.
50, Straight, I miss women

LeRoastBeef

Re: Dr NYC area uses AMS LGX

Postby LeRoastBeef » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:58 am

Why do you want to avoid the Titan?
It seems to be a great device, lots of happy guys here.

I have the LGX, it's grand too. Probably was the right choice for me.....but I would have taken a Titan in a heart beat.
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

Floridaspeedo

Postby Floridaspeedo » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:48 pm

I consulted with 2 Dr's and they recommended the Titan. Both also do AMS so I asked and they felt based on my anatomy Titan was the way to go. They are the experts.

No complaints. I think my dick is fatter now with implant and that is ...a good thing.
ED survivor 5 years. Tried pills, Gainswave, PRP, Bi-Mix/Tri Mix (worked 50% but very painful for 24 hours after injection.) 55 Gay - Single Titan Coloplast implanted June 1st, 2022, scrotal in Miami by Dr Billy Cordone..,very happy. Zero regrets

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:51 pm

Jamesbond wrote:Does anyone know a good Dr that uses AMS LGX in the NYC area?

Did you check with Dr Eid?
He had AMS available when I saw him in 2017. If not now, he could likely refer you to other surgeons in the area.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Jamesbond

Re: Dr NYC area uses AMS L

Postby Jamesbond » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:41 pm

I saw Eid. Think he is very good. He uses the Titan. I would like to have Eid put the implant in. Not sure, think most of the Dr’s use the Titan. Not saying it is better or worst.
Think the AMS I can get more length. They say up to 25%. I figure they trying to sell it so I was hoping to get at least 20%.
I have been stretching or using the VED device for about 9 years now. Don’t think I have gotten any of it back.

That’s why I am looking at getting the AMS over the Titan is to get my length back.
I am going to see Eid again. Get measured up again. Also ask him if he can use the AMS.
Thank you.
Thinking of getting implant. Have not done it because of the length I
have lost.
50, Straight, I miss women

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:56 pm

Jamesbond wrote:I saw Eid. Think he is very good. He uses the Titan. I would like to have Eid put the implant in. Not sure, think most of the Dr’s use the Titan. Not saying it is better or worst.
Think the AMS I can get more length. They say up to 25%. I figure they trying to sell it so I was hoping to get at least 20%.
I have been stretching or using the VED device for about 9 years now. Don’t think I have gotten any of it back.

That’s why I am looking at getting the AMS over the Titan is to get my length back.
I am going to see Eid again. Get measured up again. Also ask him if he can use the AMS.
Thank you.

AMS has the greater market share compared to Coloplast. Relative merits of either manufacturer's devices have been discussed extensively here and come in two types. How the implant looks and feels to the patient and how well it fits the physical/anatomical conditions of the patient's penis.

For example, AMS devices are easier to live with, softer when flaccid and easier to stow away when not in use for sex, yet entirely as rigid for sex as one could wish. Coloplast's devices are stiffer when not inflated and some men find that problematic.

Longer, girthier penises benefit from the Coloplast's dimensions. That is just a matter of engineering (look up "column buckling strength" in a Civil Engineering context). Coloplast, as I understand it, require a patient's tunica albuginea be strong and uncompromised. ("Tunica dependent" as opposed to "tunica independent")

Choice of manufacturer is only one area where the experience and judgement of the surgeon is vitally important.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:11 pm

LeRoastBeef wrote:Why do you want to avoid the Titan?
It seems to be a great device, lots of happy guys here.
I have the LGX, it's grand too. Probably was the right choice for me.....but I would have taken a Titan in a heart beat.

You ask a good question. My unsolicited comment. I want an implant that behaves as close to my natural penis as possible. An LGX seems to fit that the best.
A lot of marketing research goes into product names. Even Kramer said the "Titan" was a great name. There has been times that I wondered if a different name would be as popular? Who is going to clamor for an implant named "Junior" as much as for a "Titan"?
Reliable, watching the problems on this forum. I have to put the occurence factor into the installed number of implants. I can't quote the exact numbers but I've read that AMS outnumbers Coloplast in the implant market. By quite a good few as I recall. Yet on FT, it seems that Coloplast troubles represent at least 50% of the complaints.
No hate towards Titans. They serve the market.
Btw, I suspect that AMS leads in the mis sizing department. At one time, maybe still does, the AMS factory documents basically would lead to being undersized. There seems to be a growing group of surgeons that are not following the company guide. They're getting better sizing results.
All that aside, I believe that the modern 3 piece implants are a miracle for men with ED.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:00 pm

Jamesbond wrote:I saw Eid. Think he is very good. He uses the Titan. I would like to have Eid put the implant in. Not sure, think most of the Dr’s use the Titan. Not saying it is better or worst.

Thank you.

I don't want to be bad news but if you have used VED for 9 years and no regain then the LGX will do no better. The average lifetime gain for most is 1/5 of an inch more than any other IPP.
I'm apparently a rare exception. But I used very aggressive VED. Most guys can't bear that kind of pressure.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Martin25

Postby Martin25 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:43 pm

Regarding VED devices, it seems like a lot of guys on this forum have used them with success, but Dr. Eid doesn’t think they do much good, but they can do harm…I saw Eid for the third time last week…in middle of trying injections, PGE hasn’t worked so Trimix next…pharmacy said arriving tomorrow, then I have to return to Eid to test in his office…I fear I’m heading towards an implant…personally, I’m not wowed by Dr. Eid; he clearly doesn’t check his notes on me until he’s in the room with me, where he starts from scratch …
I guess I’m one of hundreds of patients to him…but I only have one penis and if I get an implant, I hope I’m fitted properly and with the best option.
63 years old, pills stopped working about four years ago. Rarely have intercourse, which requires high dose of tri-mix plus a constriction band. Considering an implant, but nervous about it.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:01 pm

Martin25 wrote:Regarding VED devices, it seems like a lot of guys on this forum have used them with success, but Dr. Eid doesn’t think they do much good, but they can do harm…I saw Eid for the third time last week…in middle of trying injections, PGE hasn’t worked so Trimix next…pharmacy said arriving tomorrow, then I have to return to Eid to test in his office…I fear I’m heading towards an implant…personally, I’m not wowed by Dr. Eid; he clearly doesn’t check his notes on me until he’s in the room with me, where he starts from scratch …
I guess I’m one of hundreds of patients to him…but I only have one penis and if I get an implant, I hope I’m fitted properly and with the best option.

I have an observation about your observation on Dr Eid's reviewing of your case notes. You seem to see it as an indication of him seeing you as just another one of many patients. Another way of looking at it is that he is making absolutely sure he is in the right room with the right patient. It would be bad to start working with one patient from another patient's parameters. By the same token, when I have been hospitalizeed, EVERYONE who comes near me checks my ID bracelet and logs it into the hospitak computer. EVERY TIME! Irritating as it is, I recognize the utility of such certainty.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”