The Stretch Test

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
galactic

The Stretch Test

Postby galactic » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:22 am

Hi all,

I’ve just been seen at the unit I’d receive an implant at.

The nurse did the stretch test and said ‘this is what you could hope to achieve’.

It was barely 4” and I’m 5-5.5”. It was honestly such a feeble length!

First off she was barely stretching to maximum and I’m concerned about this test because I swear what I stretch to is not what I achieve at ‘natural’ full mast.

It was a very informative consultation but this has left me very concerned about sizing.

Anyone else experience this?

noot1991

Re: The Stretch Test

Postby noot1991 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:08 am

I recently asked a similar question here: https://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19700.
You might find some useful discussions there.
I'm basically in a very similar situation (around 4" stretched and 5.5"-6" erect; also ridiculously thin when stretching) and share the same worries.

What surgeon are you consulting with?
Born 1994.
Struggling with ED since 22 years old.
Doppler test (2022) concluded VL (no response at all to 15mcg PGE1).
Currently on 5mg tadalafil daily, and seeing a sexologist to tackle the psychological aspect. Varying results.

Scott61

Postby Scott61 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:37 am

When I went in for my pre op consultation, the doctor told me I needed to “wrap my mind around the fact that I would lose some size”. He pulled on it and said “this is about what it will be “. I then grabbed it and pulled it at least another inch! I told him I wasn’t worried about losing a quarter of an inch. As we concluded our meeting, he said “some of my guys say they don’t lose any size”.

I’m now 6 weeks post op today and I may have lost up to a quarter of an inch compared to how I used to measure it. But now it’s harder to pull it while it’s inflated and the gland is usually smaller. The girth is about the same.

Research I’ve read says that in order to improve patient satisfaction the doctor needs to reduce expectations.

Based on what I’ve read here, you need to make sure you use a high volume doctor!!

Good luck!

Masonjames

Postby Masonjames » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:57 am

I agree that finding a top surgeon is the single most important decision you make. You only have one dick and choosing carefully is priority # 1
70 year old, Married 53 years with two adult children.
Tried pills, herbs, and Trimix. Implanted by Dr. Hakky , in Atlanta, on the 1st, of September 2020. Titan XL 24cm's with two 1.5cm"s RTE"s

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:19 am

When my surgeon did the stretch thing on me he pulled hard. It was much shorter than my prime days unfortunately. After my implant I guess my length is close to one inch shorter than in my prime. Sad part is there is a lot of loose skin I can stretch out when inflated.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:59 am

The only measurement that means anything is the one done during surgery. The corpus cavernosum are measured internally, both distal and proximal which tells the doctor what size implant your penis will accommodate. The stretch test doesn't really mean a whole lot.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

ShouldIwait

Postby ShouldIwait » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:08 pm

SteveSW wrote:The only measurement that means anything is the one done during surgery. The corpus cavernosum are measured internally, both distal and proximal which tells the doctor what size implant your penis will accommodate. The stretch test doesn't really mean a whole lot.

What he said....don't sweat the "stretch-test"
My doc did the same thing. I think it is a "set low expectations" thing.
I'm 2weeks out and probably .5" shorter w same girth. I'm sure I will get that back in the coming months
57, ED 10-15 years. Pills, Bi, Tri then Quad Mix Injections- all slowly less effective. IPP July 2022 (Penscrotal, Titan, 22 + 1) @6mo back to OEM--7.2"L x 5.5"w

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:54 pm

Oh yes this is the game they play. A good erection is at least half an inch longer than your best flaccid stretch. Believe her when she says the doctor doesn't intend to stretch very hard during surgery. If you can find another doctor for a second opinion do it.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:08 pm

I agree with others, if Dr is even using a stretch test I would be concerned about him…. I believe Dr Eid tells his patients they will NOT lose any length…. Perito used saline injections and presses it into the cavernosa as hard as they can push to stretch things out as much as possible just prior to cutting into and then measuring the inside of your cavernosa proximal and distal… that’s the only measurement that matters and then according to their experiences and brand of implant will choose the max size they want to put in. Even at that with high volume quality implanters you can find yourself a little short. At this point you start the Perito exercises to get back what you may have lost during the healing process.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:05 pm

stevwsw is right.
Please stay away from docs who even do the stretch test.
Sorry if Eid does, but he shouldn't.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “Implants”