Is an Implant Right for Me?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
kinggg

Is an Implant Right for Me?

Postby kinggg » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:07 pm

Hi guys... Wanted to see if an implant is right for me. I can get morning wood sometimes but not all the time. And when I make out with a girl my erections are very partial. Pills stopped working years ago. I've been prescribed injections. Theyve worked well in the past but got my penis bent a bit from it.

My uro says an implant is risky. He explained if I get one and get infected, he'll have to remove it. If he implants a 2nd one and it gets infected, I won't get a 3rd one.

Do you guys think I should go for it? My only concern is that it might affect my libido. What do you guys recommend?

gjmjoe017

Re: Is an Implant Right for Me?

Postby gjmjoe017 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:22 pm

Sounds like you have tried the same things I did and you’re in the same situation I was in with curvature from the injections.Implant is your one choice at this point or a VED pump!Based on what your doctor said I would go find a high volume implant Urologist in your area or one of the well knowns and have another consult.You can get on here and ask about good implant Docs in your area.I’m coming up on two years with my implant and having the best sex of my life!The key is a high volume implant surgeon that’s good at it and you’ll do great also!Good luck!
Last edited by gjmjoe017 on Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
71 yrs.old married,ED for 7 yrs.Pills for 3 yrs,TriMix for 21/2 yrs.6 1/2 inches flacid,71/4 inches erect,6 inches girth.Coloplast Titan put in 11/13/20,Dr.Bozeman,Arkansas Urology,Little Rock.22cm + 2 RTE.

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:23 pm

kinggg wrote:Hi guys... Wanted to see if an implant is right for me. I can get morning wood sometimes but not all the time. And when I make out with a girl my erections are very partial. Pills stopped working years ago. I've been prescribed injections. Theyve worked well in the past but got my penis bent a bit from it.

My uro says an implant is risky. He explained if I get one and get infected, he'll have to remove it. If he implants a 2nd one and it gets infected, I won't get a 3rd one.

Do you guys think I should go for it? My only concern is that it might affect my libido. What do you guys recommend?

Don't know who your doctor is, but I would find another one, preferably a high-volume implant surgeon.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:35 pm

Your ED won't get better. If you're like me, it will get worse.

Between having a skilled, experienced surgeon and following his or her directions for care pre and post-op, your chances of getting an infection should be low.

I've had more sex in the lat 18 months than I had in the previous 10 years, easily. I was always wanting to have sex, but avoided it because of my ED. I haven't lost any libido since getting my implant, and I'm ready to fuck any time of day or night.

It's ultimately up to you. I will say that getting an implant has dramatically improved my life.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

kinggg

Postby kinggg » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:07 pm

Time2Change wrote:
It's ultimately up to you. I will say that getting an implant has dramatically improved my life.

Yes I've read about it being a life changer. But I do have libido issues. I really dont understand why my libido has dropped. So i have 2 questions...

1) What do you recommend in boosting libido?

2) has your implant improved your libido?

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:10 pm

kinggg wrote:
Time2Change wrote:

Yes I've read about it being a life changer. But I do have libido issues. I really dont understand why my libido has dropped. So i have 2 questions...

1) What do you recommend in boosting libido?

2) has your implant improved your libido?

Fear of not being able to perform is a libido killer. I know after my implant, my sex drive went through the roof, and has stayed there.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

kinggg

Postby kinggg » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:13 pm

gjmjoe017 wrote:Sounds like you have tried the same things I did and you’re in the same situation I was in with curvature from the injections.Implant is your one choice at this point or a VED pump!Based on what your doctor said I would go find a high volume implant Urologist in your area or one of the well knowns and have another consult.You can get on here and ask about good implant Docs in your area.I’m coming up on two years with my implant and having the best sex of my life!The key is a high volume implant surgeon that’s good at it and you’ll do great also!Good luck!

Hi.. appreciate the reply. I live in NYC thats home to famous implanters like Eid. But he is a bit expensive and my insurance isn't accepted by these types of doctors.

Would you recommend docs you've heard of in NYC who are high volume but good in price?

kinggg

Postby kinggg » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:15 pm

SteveSW wrote:
Fear of not being able to perform is a libido killer. I know after my implant, my sex drive went through the roof, and has stayed there.

But how was your libido before the implant?

gjmjoe017

Postby gjmjoe017 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:20 pm

kinggg wrote:
gjmjoe017 wrote:Sounds like you have tried the same things I did and you’re in the same situation I was in with curvature from the injections.Implant is your one choice at this point or a VED pump!Based on what your doctor said I would go find a high volume implant Urologist in your area or one of the well knowns and have another consult.You can get on here and ask about good implant Docs in your area.I’m coming up on two years with my implant and having the best sex of my life!The key is a high volume implant surgeon that’s good at it and you’ll do great also!Good luck!

Hi.. appreciate the reply. I live in NYC thats home to famous implanters like Eid. But he is a bit expensive and my insurance isn't accepted by these types of doctors.

Would you recommend docs you've heard of in NYC who are high volume but good in price?
Not from NYC so wouldn’t know.Just put up a post asking and you’ll get some names!I will tell you your gambling on a good outcome if you go with a low volume Surgeon!
71 yrs.old married,ED for 7 yrs.Pills for 3 yrs,TriMix for 21/2 yrs.6 1/2 inches flacid,71/4 inches erect,6 inches girth.Coloplast Titan put in 11/13/20,Dr.Bozeman,Arkansas Urology,Little Rock.22cm + 2 RTE.

kinggg

Postby kinggg » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:27 pm

gjmjoe017 wrote:.Just put up a post asking and you’ll get some names!I will tell you your gambling on a good outcome if you go with a low volume Surgeon!

Appreciate this. But other than ED my main concern is libido. How was your libido before your implant?

Return to “Implants”