Is an Implant Right for Me?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
kinggg

Re: Is an Implant Right for Me?

Postby kinggg » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:18 pm

Last edited by kinggg on Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kinggg

Postby kinggg » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:18 pm

Time2Change wrote:
I would agree that an implant isn't going to address the libido issue. The libido problem is chemical; l.

So what do you suggest to increase libido outside of TRT?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:26 pm

kinggg wrote:So what do you suggest to increase libido outside of TRT?

While it does not increase libido, per se, communication does release a lot of inhibitions and open the way to mutual pleasure.

Just sharing your and your partner's expectations encourages activity to fulfill those expectations. (Not ncecessarily "dirty talk", but just a discussin of likes, preferences and curiosities).

And then there is the libidinous effect of "sexy talk". A few "sweet nothings" as they used to be called in the '50s do a lot to increase desire. Nowadays, "sexting" is added to the repertoire of foreplaying activities.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:16 am

kinggg wrote:
Time2Change wrote:
I would agree that an implant isn't going to address the libido issue. The libido problem is chemical; l.

So what do you suggest to increase libido outside of TRT?

Maybe you could try medication or counseling?

If I were you, I would consult a doctor about the libido issue.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

kinggg

Postby kinggg » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:11 pm

DougAnd wrote:In my opinion the longer you wait the more diseased your penis becomes and the greater your chances of problems. Just find the right doc, very important.

I dont know what you mean by "the more diseased your penis becomes." I didnt know I gave my penis the name of a disease here.

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:47 pm

It’s a circle of events that I relate to lebido… I always had a very high sexual drive but as my ED issues increased I got very stressed, and yes at times depressed in everyday life and about sex… and for a period of 6-8 months got to where I dreaded the thoughts of sticking a needle in it to get hard to have sex and at times didn’t even feel worth the ache afterwards and fear of causing scar tissue damage was a constant threat,so getting my ED fixed with an implant cured that issue and as I’ve been able to use it, my desire for sex has gone back thru the roof! Total confidence that it will work is a big boost to sexual drive. They are related issues….. that’s my thoughts anyway!
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

seekonk

Postby seekonk » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:26 pm

kinggg wrote:
seekonk wrote:To the OP, since you are having libido issues, it may be worth testing hormones first and correcting any deficiency if present. In case of low testosterone, testosterone replacement can restore libido and erections in many cases. It takes a few months for that to happen.

Besides testosterone, there are also other issues such as high estrogen or prolactin that can cause sexual problems and can be corrected.

I did test my T level back in Feb. My prolactin and estrogen levels were normal. But my T level was around 270 which was low. I was prescribed clomid. Even though it did raise my T level to 670 and I did get good and consistent morning wood, my libido wasn't improved. It basically stayed the same. Can you explain this and recommend what to do?

The good morning wood is a good sign that probably your penis is in good working order. If I were you I wouldn’t look into implant now.

Clomid is not a standard treatment for low testosterone. It works by blocking estrogen in the brain, and since estrogen happens to be important for libido, Clomid can suppress libido in some men. Since this seems to be the case here, if I were you I would ask for direct testosterone replacement instead of clomid and see if that helps. If you do so, remember that it can take a little while to feel the effects of treatment so you should give it a few months.

Fourtytwo00

Postby Fourtytwo00 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:06 pm

kinggg wrote:
DougAnd wrote:In my opinion the longer you wait the more diseased your penis becomes and the greater your chances of problems. Just find the right doc, very important.

I dont know what you mean by "the more diseased your penis becomes." I didnt know I gave my penis the name of a disease here.

When my dick worked I let my fantasies go and I wasn't afraid of staring other women or having small talks. I started to suppress these kind of healthy behaviors just to avoid the pain of my ED.
And my brain tend to downregulate my libido. When your penis fails also initiating becomes a burden. Success begets success. Failure begets failure. I'm not implanted yet but I may understand that something good happens once you start to enjoy reliable penetration.
I also think, but it's just an impression, that some men need a little bit more to cum or orgasm regularly because the brain need to be rewired from years of ED and not only as a consequence of the surgery.

seekonk

Postby seekonk » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:28 pm

Fourtytwo00 wrote:
kinggg wrote:

When my dick worked I let my fantasies go and I wasn't afraid of staring other women or having small talks. I started to suppress these kind of healthy behaviors just to avoid the pain of my ED.
And my brain tend to downregulate my libido. When your penis fails also initiating becomes a burden. Success begets success. Failure begets failure. I'm not implanted yet but I may understand that something good happens once you start to enjoy reliable penetration.
I also think, but it's just an impression, that some men need a little bit more to cum or orgasm regularly because the brain need to be rewired from years of ED and not only as a consequence of the surgery.

It is true that things feed back from a working penis to libido. Trust me, I know this from experience. But if I were the OP I would try to take things in proper sequence.

Kingg, it is a fact that you suffered low testosterone. Low testosterone will cause ED and low libido.

It makes sense to fix low testosterone first, but not with your current treatment.

You are not currently receiving the standard of care for low testosterone. Clomid is not the standard of care. It has never been approved for low testosterone and it has all kinds of potential side effects including, in many cases, causing low libido, causing vision problems, causing mood problems such as depression and anxiety, etc. It works for some guys and I don't want to take away their personal truth, but honestly a lot of guys who try it are quite unhappy with clomid. For example, I tried clomid in the past, got no libido from it, and had to have surgery for a detached retina that may have been caused by it.

I would get proper treatment for low testosterone first. For many guys who have low testosterone, proper treatment will fix their libido and ED over the course of about a year. Please consider this before surgery. I don't believe any ethical doctor would operate on you when you report good morning erections and have a clearly defined case of low testosterone that hasn't been treated with the standard of care.
Last edited by seekonk on Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fourtytwo00

Postby Fourtytwo00 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:33 pm

Testosterone in theory could help PDE5 response.
Unfortunately it's not my case. Btw have a try with a proper TRT.

Return to “Implants”