Adjusting to the Pump Questions (Five Weeks Post Implant)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jkeats

Adjusting to the Pump Questions (Five Weeks Post Implant)

Postby Jkeats » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:05 am

Greetings,

I had an implant (AMS 700 LX) in late August and recovery is moving along well for me, though slower than I had thought. (I've five weeks post-surgery.)

Part of the adjustment for me is occasional pain that I think is caused by friction of the angles of the pump against the scrotum. "Relieving myself" has taken on new meaning for me --- I often need to move my testicles around and adjust the upper part of the pump to make things more comfortable when I'm sitting for extended periods of time. I'm also having occasional pain at the end of my penis and in different parts of the shaft which go away if I adjust myself. There's no skin breakdown; also no discharge or other signs of infection. The pump itself works fine and I'm pumping nearly every day.

Any other experiences like this? I have missed a day or two of pumping it up so was wondering if that might cause pain. I've also been trying to pump up to the maximum I can in order to keep scar tissue away and to take advantage of the capacity of the implant. Last night, I pumped up until fully erect, then waited and pumped again; I repeated this cycle for over 15 minutes and found that my erection was harder than previous days. Is it possible that this could cause pain the next day?
58 yrs.; history of long term ED --- recently figured out this was due to chronic venous leak; implant of AMS 700 ultrex on 8.27.2012 @ Brigham and women's hospital, Boston MA

jerrywayne

Re: Adjusting to the Pump Questions (Five Weeks Post Implant)

Postby jerrywayne » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:53 pm

I am 4months post I also have AMS700LGX ,AND i HAVE PUPMED snece the forth week would pump for as long as I could stand it ,it hurt not real bad but did hurt. so just keep pumping it will get better, I can pump now and stay as long as I want it doesn't hurt at all now sometimes it is a little tender but it is getting to a point that it does not hurt at all,so just keep pumping I pump twice a day feels just like a natural hard it's great just hang there it will get better each day .

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:55 am

Jkeats wrote:I often need to move my testicles around and adjust the upper part of the pump to make things more comfortable when I'm sitting for extended periods of time.

Pretty much typical ... try using a donut type cushion to sit on ... it really helped me and I still use it (14 weeks - I'm 2 weeks behind Jerry)

I'm also having occasional pain at the end of my penis and in different parts of the shaft which go away if I adjust myself.

Yes the tips of the Implant are uncomfortable (from max pumping) ... this will lesson with time. As for the shaft ... feel where it is uncomfortable, does it feel like a bump in the cylinder? Many guys have had that ... it's like a fold (think of folding a straw) this too will go away with time. Try just pumping one or two pumps to add just enough fluid to smooth out the fold ...

You are doing fine for 5 weeks ... hang (pun) in there ... it only gets better ...
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Jkeats

Postby Jkeats » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:40 pm

Bionic and Jerry --- thanks for the encouragement and the advice --- willl keep on keeping on... Good info on the folds; I'm pretty sure this is happening so am experimenting with a few pumps to see if that resolves that problem. Also glad to know things keep changing and getting better.
58 yrs.; history of long term ED --- recently figured out this was due to chronic venous leak; implant of AMS 700 ultrex on 8.27.2012 @ Brigham and women's hospital, Boston MA

Return to “Implants”