Not convinced about implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
slipnslider

Re: Not convinced about implant

Postby slipnslider » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:27 pm

Gt1956 wrote:1380anthony, it sounds like you're not ready for an implant. My suggestion is for you to be a control study group of one. Keep doing what you're doing. Please report back in 5 or 10 years about how your ED is. Based upon the many men that have traveled your path. I think these things will fail for you. Don't let the bad odds deter you. They have to work for at least 1 member somewhere on this green earth.
While you're at it. Try more propecia. You might get lucky & its only a temporary side effect. After all, a head of hair is far more important than a youthful erection.

Strong disagree. What good is having hair to attract women if you're humiliated every time you take one to bed?

I'd much rather be bald and have a working dick than have luscious hair and be impotent

Propecia is poison. And for many, the side effects are irreversible.
44, ED problems began around age 28 when I was on finasteride for hair loss, and also got circumcised so I lost a lot of sensation. Pills gave me bad headaches and other side effects. Now using trimix 30/1/20. So far so good.

1380anthony

Postby 1380anthony » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:07 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:1380anthony, Thank you for the link. It was to the same web site I found, but not to the particular device I think you had in mind. The veno-occlusive device they describe does look very promising (much more so than the surgeries that attempt to achieve the same result, but which slowly lose effectiveness over time). The promise of the device (and seems to me to be a valid claim) is that since it is used intermittently, the chronic loss of effectiveness of the surgeries that do the same thing is not at all likely. However, it seems that no clinical trials have been performed yet? Nor is it available for use. So, the inflatable implant remains the best option for even partially impotent men The fact this device would enable a man with sufficient arterial flow to get an erection from his own blood supply is VERY hopeful. Congratulations on finding this source and thanks for bringing it to the attention of members of FrankTalk.

Having said that, I must point out some of the harsh reception you received must be due to a number of very human factors. No one who has undergone irreversible surgery likes to have it pointed out that there was an alternative. Never mind the fact that the alternative was not yet available. It also appears that your research was rather thin and the major piece was from a commercial web site which has an incentive to put the best possible face on the facts.

On the idea of further research for you to do, I recall one peer-reviewed medical journal article that found 50% of implanted men reported some return of erectile function after implant. The supposition being that the implant reduced the venous leakage by some compression allowing remaining erectile function to be the best it could be. One of the men even was able to get an erection just firm enough to have penetrative sex without inflating the implant. Alas, I do not have the link handy. But reading legitimate peer-reviewed academic medical journals is more reliable than promotional informational web sites. Not to cast a shadow on their worth-they are informative about future research and developments.

So, I urge you to not be discouraged in your search for reliable knowledge and facts and your search for innovations and hope. ED has made many of us skeptical. I admire your enthusiasm on discovering such a hopeful web site. I hope the doses of reality you received do not dampen than enthusiasm.

Thank you for understanding. ED really really hurts us all and honestly we ha e to wait for someone like Elon Musk in the world of ED to bring an innovative, less invasive surgeries and that uses are own blood and trap it at the same time. Im not mad with men here or try to agitated them. Im trying to wake-up these men to literally protest for these companies to move there asses in 2022-2023 and work to make a better product and more durable. If these companies keep getting the money they want, they'll keep the same product for years and years without efforts. Once they start losing money or have a better competition just like in the automobile industry, they will start investing better products and better prices. Now understamd thses guys can understand my point

I literally spoke to a Boston Scientific representative and we spoke for a while about the future and we ended talking about this:
https://news.wisc.edu/heat-activated-pe ... n-with-ed/

We concluded that penile inflatable implants need revision

1380anthony

Postby 1380anthony » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:30 pm

ShouldIwait wrote:
Agfa13 wrote:About 2 weeks ago, I had an FT user call me, researching implants.
His final question, should he get one?
I told him "NO", but not because of the implants themselves, but because he has not tried everything under the sun, so to speak.
He and I are the same age, recently went through a divorce, and is now seeing someone new. His anxiety about performing to his new GF has him worried. He has tried pills, the pellets, and rings. What he has not tried is Tri or Bi mix. It was recommended to him, but the thought of sticking a needle in his dick was just too much.
As a former Bimix user, I told him he would get over it after the first couple of self injections.
Told him that the IPP is really a last ditch effort to perform and not something you can take back. The downsides I told him were the flexibility and suppleness of what you originally had.
Pros and cons to everything, but just keep researching. If you are not ready, then don't!

Well said.
I loved biMix and would never have gone IPP if it keep working like the first year :D
Tragic shame to not at least try before the final solution...

They sell Vitaros and Befar. These injection stop workin due to fibrosis causes by poking the tunica albuginea and corpus cavernosum

1380anthony

Postby 1380anthony » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:48 pm

slipnslider wrote:
1380anthony wrote:For the past days I have been researching about implant with real cases here, FB and other social media and there is just too many downsides about it. In reality the satisfaction rate is 70% and drops even more for those with penile implants due to mechanical failure and infections. These penile implants have been around for more than 40 years and has no advance maybe because science is too focused in discovering Mars. The more you buy a $8,000 silicone product with saline water, the less Boston Scientific and Coloplast care to make a better, durable and technological product. What a shame!! You stop buying these products they will be motivated to invent something more futuristic and better. I read about loss of size, girth, dog ears, bending when inflating...

I've researching Implantica PotencyFlow, and it seems to be the implant that should have been invented years back. These inplant companies want to sell selll sell and sell and no matter what method they use for implant it seems that the muscles surrounding the tunica albuginea are being damaged too. It's all about money and these companies are gretting rich with cheap products.
ED is a disease tbat has been around since the beginning of mankind and these scientists fail to find a cure by fixing the damaged tissue of the corpus cavernosum and nerves. There is a study that the corpus cavernosum can be rebuilt in mice and it worked. ED is mostly caused by collegen replacing smooth muscle cells( scar tissue) fibrosis. This is just my opinion. For a 30yo with implant, how many implants does he need during his whole life. 4-5???

Used Propecia for hair loss and have PFS. Sucks!!

I've been doing shockwaves, tadalafil daily 5mg,VED, arginine, citrulline, resveratrol ect

Propecia is what broke my dick as well. What a crime that stuff is. I started having problems around your age after using propecia for a year or two. I quit the stuff but my dick never recovered.

I agree the failure rate on implants is depressingly high. And the satisfaction rate is probably fudged a bit too. Just like the propecia company says only 1% of guys get ED, it's actually way higher.

Implantica PotencyFlow sounds like a potential game changer if it works. But the fact that the only info on the web about it is from the company itself is concerning. If it was really a potential solution, you'd think there would be way more people talking about it. If you can get by using pills or injections for a few years (more likely at least a decade), it might be worth waiting to see if something useful comes from that company. Only problem is, it sounds like you need to be able to still get an erection to use that device, which then traps the blood in the penis. Many guys can't do that. But if you can still fill your dick with blood in 10 years or whenever their product comes out, that sounds like a much better option.

Merk should be held accountable! I did some shockwaves with a focused and increased some systolic pressure. Honestly I can do to implant but with somthing that won't destroy my corpus cavernosum for ever. I stll have some fuction and it would be nice for something like Implantica PotencyFlow in the market. Its even less invasive, and it looks so simple to just push blood to the penis and trap it with a cuff. Do you have an Implant? You know what scares me, it that like you mentioned that only 1% of men that use Propecia suffer from side effects. I have anxiety and even lost of libido. Seems like the limbic system has been affected.

I was wondering that that 95% of satisfaction rate that these implant companies claim are just to convince us for implants and that only 1% have infections. Same thing doctors say about finasteride, "it is safe" and that ED is depression. There is a member here that replied he has a Phd...., so what. Same Phd that gave me a prescription of finasteride and that it was totally safe...FDA approved...bla bla bla. Im really mad with all these pharmacies and companies that only think about ripping away our happiness by getting us sick and keeping us sick so we can use there produtcs.

Iike I said, Implant is not bad, but it should be better

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:48 pm

1380anthony wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:1380anthony, Thank you for the link. It was to the same web site I found, but not to the particular device I think you had in mind. The veno-occlusive device they describe does look very promising (much more so than the surgeries that attempt to achieve the same result, but which slowly lose effectiveness over time). The promise of the device (and seems to me to be a valid claim) is that since it is used intermittently, the chronic loss of effectiveness of the surgeries that do the same thing is not at all likely. However, it seems that no clinical trials have been performed yet? Nor is it available for use. So, the inflatable implant remains the best option for even partially impotent men The fact this device would enable a man with sufficient arterial flow to get an erection from his own blood supply is VERY hopeful. Congratulations on finding this source and thanks for bringing it to the attention of members of FrankTalk.

Having said that, I must point out some of the harsh reception you received must be due to a number of very human factors. No one who has undergone irreversible surgery likes to have it pointed out that there was an alternative. Never mind the fact that the alternative was not yet available. It also appears that your research was rather thin and the major piece was from a commercial web site which has an incentive to put the best possible face on the facts.

On the idea of further research for you to do, I recall one peer-reviewed medical journal article that found 50% of implanted men reported some return of erectile function after implant. The supposition being that the implant reduced the venous leakage by some compression allowing remaining erectile function to be the best it could be. One of the men even was able to get an erection just firm enough to have penetrative sex without inflating the implant. Alas, I do not have the link handy. But reading legitimate peer-reviewed academic medical journals is more reliable than promotional informational web sites. Not to cast a shadow on their worth-they are informative about future research and developments.

So, I urge you to not be discouraged in your search for reliable knowledge and facts and your search for innovations and hope. ED has made many of us skeptical. I admire your enthusiasm on discovering such a hopeful web site. I hope the doses of reality you received do not dampen than enthusiasm.

Thank you for understanding. ED really really hurts us all and honestly we ha e to wait for someone like Elon Musk in the world of ED to bring an innovative, less invasive surgeries and that uses are own blood and trap it at the same time. Im not mad with men here or try to agitated them. Im trying to wake-up these men to literally protest for these companies to move there asses in 2022-2023 and work to make a better product and more durable. If these companies keep getting the money they want, they'll keep the same product for years and years without efforts. Once they start losing money or have a better competition just like in the automobile industry, they will start investing better products and better prices. Now understamd thses guys can understand my point

I literally spoke to a Boston Scientific representative and we spoke for a while about the future and we ended talking about this:

this article dates back to 2016 you asked where are we at this plant? 6 years have passed and in the article he said within 5/10 years, we are at 6, what did he say about it?
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

kinggg

Postby kinggg » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:08 pm

frank66665 wrote:i hope you are not the only one on planet earth, you are the first i feel it worked, i'm all ears listening to your story

I'm not the only one who benefited from PRP. Someone I knew also visited the same doc and he benefited from it too. There are other patients that have received good results. I dont understand why youre adamant that it doesnt work.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:03 pm

frank66665 wrote:

Your comments are always appreciated for me the flagship, could you tell me the scientific magazines on the progress of the systems to subscribe to me online or to buy at newsstands

Not going to find these on most newstands, but University libraries, Hospital libraries and on line (Ain't the Internet WONDERFUL? - sometimes)

Here are a couple
The Journal of Urology
The Journal of Urology is a peer-reviewed medical journal covering urology published by Elsevier on behalf of the American Urological Association. It was established in 1917

Translational Andrology and Urology
Translational Andrology and Urology is an open access, peer-reviewed, monthly journal TAU delivers up-to-date findings and provides current and practical information on basic and clinical research of andrology and urology.

There are plenty of others. You might start with this article
https://tau.amegroups.com/article/view/13264/13810
Rather than looking at publications and scrolling through their table of contents, hoping for articles in which you are interested, it is probably better to do a web search for likely subjects. I searched on "Tissue preservation penile implant" and found this interesting article.
Cavernous Tissue Preservation During Penile Prosthesis Implantation
This article is especailly intriguing. "Spontaneous Penile Tumescence by Sparing Cavernous Tissue in the Course of Malleable Penile Prosthesis Implantation"
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30773500/

Even better was this article, "Inflatable Penile Prosthesis Implantation Without Corporeal Dilation: A Cavernous Tissue Sparing Technique" published in "Urology", the Official Journal of the American Urological Association. I wish I had an active link to the full text of the article, but this is the one (as I recall) that mentioned actual increase in erectile function following implantation in about 50% of the 100 participants, including one that was able to achieve penetrative coitus at least once WITHOUT inflating the implant.
Read the abstract here:
https://www.auajournals.org/doi/10.1016 ... 009.11.048
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

1380anthony

Postby 1380anthony » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:14 pm

frank66665 wrote:
1380anthony wrote:

this article dates back to 2016 you asked where are we at this plant? 6 years have passed and in the article he said within 5/10 years, we are at 6, what did he say about it?

Guess what?? I found out that Boston Scientific is the one paying for this study. Facts. Like I mentioned before, they really don't care much as long as people buy there other products. Read that, it says Boston Scientific

https://www.mddionline.com/business/som ... rects-heat

1380anthony

Postby 1380anthony » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:20 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
frank66665 wrote:

Your comments are always appreciated for me the flagship, could you tell me the scientific magazines on the progress of the systems to subscribe to me online or to buy at newsstands

Not going to find these on most newstands, but University libraries, Hospital libraries and on line (Ain't the Internet WONDERFUL? - sometimes)

Here are a couple
The Journal of Urology
The Journal of Urology is a peer-reviewed medical journal covering urology published by Elsevier on behalf of the American Urological Association. It was established in 1917

Translational Andrology and Urology
Translational Andrology and Urology is an open access, peer-reviewed, monthly journal TAU delivers up-to-date findings and provides current and practical information on basic and clinical research of andrology and urology.

There are plenty of others. You might start with this article
https://tau.amegroups.com/article/view/13264/13810
Rather than looking at publications and scrolling through their table of contents, hoping for articles in which you are interested, it is probably better to do a web search for likely subjects. I searched on "Tissue preservation penile implant" and found this interesting article.
Cavernous Tissue Preservation During Penile Prosthesis Implantation
This article is especailly intriguing. "Spontaneous Penile Tumescence by Sparing Cavernous Tissue in the Course of Malleable Penile Prosthesis Implantation"
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30773500/

Even better was this article, "Inflatable Penile Prosthesis Implantation Without Corporeal Dilation: A Cavernous Tissue Sparing Technique" published in "Urology", the Official Journal of the American Urological Association. I wish I had an active link to the full text of the article, but this is the one (as I recall) that mentioned actual increase in erectile function following implantation in about 50% of the 100 participants, including one that was able to achieve penetrative coitus at least once WITHOUT inflating the implant.
Read the abstract here:
https://www.auajournals.org/doi/10.1016 ... 009.11.048

This sounds amazing!! Thanks for the info I will share it with my uro. In the future Ill cosider implant if I can preserve my corpus cavernosum and tissue

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:34 pm

1380anthony wrote:
frank66665 wrote:
1380anthony wrote:Thank you for understanding. ED really really hurts us all and honestly we ha e to wait for someone like Elon Musk in the world of ED to bring an innovative, less invasive surgeries and that uses are own blood and trap it at the same time. Im not mad with men here or try to agitated them. Im trying to wake-up these men to literally protest for these companies to move there asses in 2022-2023 and work to make a better product and more durable. If these companies keep getting the money they want, they'll keep the same product for years and years without efforts. Once they start losing money or have a better competition just like in the automobile industry, they will start investing better products and better prices. Now understamd thses guys can understand my point

Guess what?? I found out that Boston Scientific is the one paying for this study. Facts. Like I mentioned before, they really don't care much as long as people buy there other products. Read that, it says Boston Scientific
https://www.mddionline.com/business/som ... rects-heat

I'm not sure why you find that surprising. They're in that industry segment. It doesn't prove that their research is biased. Peer review should help keep the bias in check some. Would you feel better if a beer company or a tampon maker sponsored it? You seem to be obsessed with the idea that someone is going to make money off of you. That is just how the world works, it isn't a conspiracy.
What you see as signs that they're gouging your pocket is actually the implant makers scrambling to keep competive in a very competitive marketplace. Innovations are incremental in nature.
Cars are a good example. When I was young, getting 20 mpg was almost unheard of. Now it is almost universal. They didn't just wake up 1 day with a 20 mpg solution. It took small improvements everywhere from tires, oil piston rings aerodynamics & more.
Ultimately YOU control your medical dollars. No one is going to force you to pay for or receive an implant. That brings up another subject that might be hindering you. How are you going to pay for this perfect ED treatment? I can almost guarantee that if you talk to any medical professional like you've demonstrated here. He/she will politely show you the door.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”