Not convinced about implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougAnd

Re: Not convinced about implant

Postby DougAnd » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:03 pm

Bottom line. 2 years of impotency and nothing else worked. There was/is no other option that works as good. Believe me I'm the first to speak out against diseased penises. But implants have come so very far in the last decades. And they are still advancing. And yes I am living proof that there are downsides, We all have diseased penises. No telling how things will turn out. So, sex or no sex, that is the question. Most of us choose sex. Will you?
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

1380anthony

Postby 1380anthony » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:11 pm

gjmjoe017 wrote:Then you shouldn’t get one!

It causes veno-occlusive, that's what I have. Sucks!!!!

1380anthony

Postby 1380anthony » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:12 pm

Fourtytwo00 wrote:I can't understand this anger against implants. You'd better off if you spent more time in studying Propecia side effects instead of IPPs.

If you can have a sex with 5mg tadalafil you're still miles away from any surgery option and life with low dose PDE5 is fine.
But if things will worsen even gaining "only" 20 years of intimacy with a woman won't look that bad.

Finasteride has caused mild fibrosis to me. That's crazy!! I have no diebetes, hypertension ect. Im trying to reverse the side effects of finasteride.

1380anthony

Postby 1380anthony » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:16 pm

Old Guy wrote:You have to remember most of the implant failure stories are around because guys are ticked off or want to educate others on possibilities. Very few guys with successful implants come and talk about it, they are too busy using it. Besides what's to talk about my working implant other than I can now fuck instead of having a limp dick only good for peeing.
You have to know both sides of the story before you form an opinion. I love my implant. I hated using pills and injections.

Thanks bro. I was considering implant until I read lots of stories about losing length and not having the gland filled. I do have bad side from finasteride including no libido. I probably have nerve damage too.

1380anthony

Postby 1380anthony » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:26 pm

Injustright wrote:How nice it is this you’ve spent a few days researching the topic. Some of us have spent months and even years diligently looking into everything we could get our hands on, including actual medical articles written by professionals, especially those covering scientific samples of implant recipients. If a few days worth of research has convinced you that they aren’t very good it honestly sounds like you don’t have much tolerance for ambiguity. Fine. Find some certainty even if it’s not really based on fact. You’ll probably feel better as a result.

Just one challenge: give us the cited statistic as to 70% satisfaction rate. That’s from a scientifically derived, representative sampling of implant recipients, not a list of the secret disgruntled customers. I am betting any source you have is ignoring the thousands of happy recipients who find no reason to spend any time online talking about their experience.

You wanted the info and this is real. 70-87% and like another guy said that he has 4 implants
Attachments
Screenshot_20220725-211932_Chrome-min.jpg
Screenshot_20220725-211932_Chrome-min.jpg (411.61 KiB) Viewed 365 times

1380anthony

Postby 1380anthony » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:36 pm

frank66665 wrote:there are many factors that lead a man to choose an implant, 1) you have to see your degree of ED, 2) your age, 3) if you can have sex with pde5, 4) if once the pde5 does not work you are willing to switch to injections, if you have a dead cock or that does not work with the PDE5 and the injections everything becomes easier to take an implant, if these conditions are not present it becomes more difficult, unfortunately it cannot be denied that the steps in ahead on the implants are really ridiculous, practically they are like the steps forward made on the ED, null, and the unexpected revisions are around the corner, if you have nothing to lose you face the change better, if you have to lose you start to wobble, I am one of those who wobble

I may be on my for implant though do to veno-occlusive. Thats is fibrosis in the Corpus cavernosum. I waiting to do more and more shockwaves to see if I can reverse it. Any ideas??

ScrewedbyDoctors

Postby ScrewedbyDoctors » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:40 pm

1380anthony, Shockwave therapy can't fix fibrosis, the only thing will do is filling the pockets of the "Doctor"
I had a trauma 2 years ago, caused me narrowing, dent and shortening. PRP injections three months ago=worse narrowing, and worse ED. Now I only have two choices: impotent or implant. Born in 1975, in a relationship with girlfriend fir 4 years

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:01 pm

1380anthony wrote:You wanted the info and this is real. 70-87% and like another guy said that he has 4 implants

Are you able to post a link to the source article so we may read it for ourselves, please?

I did a search for "Implantica" and only found a commercial site. I find that peer-reviewed medical journals are a bit more reliable than sites with potential profit motives. Implantica seems altruistic enough, but their hard data does not seem to be presented in a verifiable way.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:00 am

I have issues with the "most commonly mentioned problems". Honestly, those 3 things aren't mentioned on FT very often. Not even close to 30% of the implants if the satisfaction rate was 70%. Even the pump being visible in the scrotum is generally a minor issue.
This smells of an ulterior motive to me. Very very old data at the minimum. Perhaps not even rated on the commonly used implants most of us are familar with. Speaking of which, no brands/models are mentioned.
Its easy to bad mouth a product that you don't identify. I'll go out on a limb here. I wonder if product names are left out to avoid slander? Almost seems cowardly to me. If you have good data, put it into your report. Let it stand on its own merit.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

biobob

Postby biobob » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:29 am

1380 with no disrespect; you are looking at bad data. Like many other Franktalkers I have spent days studying this site as well as current medical data from reputable sources. Based on what I see unfortunately the European experience is not a good as the results for a high-volume US surgeon with a 3-piece implant; which seems to be greater than 90% satisfaction. It seems in the last few years the reported infection rate has decreased and the main concern about loss of length has been better addressed, with many posters report a recovery of some or all of lost length.
You reference to HBS 2007?
I find only the Harvard Business school 2007 annual report "a multidisciplinary program dedicated to innovative thinking in the healthcare industry." which may have been cutting edge in 2007 is surely not relevant at this point. It also would seem by reading FrankTalk that the use of 3 component implant in the US is over 95%, however this articles from NIH may provide a more recent overview of the current US experience https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8575569/ and https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6958974/
I also think based on my 35-year personal experience in healthcare if the patient thinks a procedure will fail, it is more likely that will fail. Like some of the other posters have said; it doesn't seem like an implant is the best path for you.
70 years old, life time ED issues time now bionic. Titan 22cm + 1rte. Should have gotten implant 10 years ago

Return to “Implants”