recently implanted - questions on size, healing, etc.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
texasgardener

recently implanted - questions on size, healing, etc.

Postby texasgardener » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:11 pm

Hi, all! New poster to the forum but I have been lurking on here reading your back-and-forth for a while now. You've been a great source of information for me. Thanks to all of you.

So, I was implanted about 6 weeks ago. I got the AMS CX 700, 21 cm with 2 cm RTEs, so decent length, but I am not happy with my post-implant size erect. Back in my heyday, I was close to 7" erect, but I was always more of a grower than a shower. Due to a couple years of basically untreated Peyronie's, prior to surgery I was probably just at 6" erect, maybe a tad more (but I had noticed the shrinkage). Well, now, 6 weeks post-surgery, I am only 5.5" erect, bone pressed. After reading the posts on here and feeling the cylinders, I think I was correctly sized and my surgeon was a high volue surgeon. At first, I was alarmed, but now know (thanks to FT!) that gains can be expected with aggressive cycling for up to a year post-surgery. I really only want to get back to 6" but it would be great to get a bit more. Does anyone have experience or tips on cycling the AMS CX? My doctor implanted me with this model due to my longer cylinder size. How long do I need to cycle each day, techniques, etc? I am already keeping it inflated for 30-60 minutes a day and trying to do the Perito exercise. It hurts pretty bad, mainly on the tip, when I am fully inflated (I am not sure I am fully inflated), which I hear that there is stretching going on, so I guess that is a good thing.

Also, it seems my scrotum seems still pretty swollen, as does my pubic area above my penis (although less so). Is this normal? I guess my scrotum could be swollen due to my frequent pumping these days.

Thanks to you all and I hope I too can be of assistance in some way on here.
Implanted 8 June 2022. Peyronie's disease and ED. Dr. LeRoy Jones. AMS 700 CX, 21 CM + 2 CM RTEs.

FreddyFree

Re: recently implanted - questions on size, healing, etc.

Postby FreddyFree » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:00 am

Congratulations!

You’re 2 cms longer than me and I’m 6.25”. Obviously we don’t have the same depth of crus. I would guess you will be bigger than me. I find Perito to be a little out there, so I don’t do his exercises. It will take approximately 6 months till you get to full size, maybe longer. You will get better at holding the pump still while pumping and max out the pressure. I pump it up to max Mon, Wed, and Fri and get in the shower. Release when I’m drying off.

For sex, I pump as we are into foreplay. Rarely do I max it out for intercourse, feels more natural.

Now I can relax, take it slow, lose myself in foreplay and really enjoy intimacy! Wife loves the change.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:44 pm

At 6 weeks I was still in pain, barely able to touch myself. Inflating hurt. After 13 years of fighting ED I lost length. After my implant I know more length was lost. Not sure my Titan has stretch capabilities, but doc never informed me about cycling. Once I found FT at 5 months post I started cycling daily. Two months got me a 1/8" gain before I tired of the routine and quit. I'm just happy to have a working tool.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:35 pm

If you want to get a glimpse into the future look at the BIOS of members posts. You have a total of 23 cm implanted. So look at guys who have 23 cm and see what length they've achieved. That should give you some idea.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:47 pm

I think that discomfort in the tips is encouraging.
I had that and I have gained around a cm over my lifelong length.

I have the same equipment as Freddy and got similar size.
I even got some gains after a couple years.
I'll bet you end up with more than 6"

Keep us posted and be patient.

I also got some swelling above my penis and that was the only swelling I got.
I think it's from the trauma of pushing the reservoir up.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

texasgardener

Postby texasgardener » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:53 pm

Thanks, guys. Lots of good info.

How hard was it for you guys to inflate right off the bat? It currently takes me 20-30 minutes to pump and I am not sure I am even fully pumped (if I have a lot of stretching to do, I am almost certainly not fully pumped).

Thanks again !
Implanted 8 June 2022. Peyronie's disease and ED. Dr. LeRoy Jones. AMS 700 CX, 21 CM + 2 CM RTEs.

Floridaspeedo

Postby Floridaspeedo » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:37 am

TexasGardener

I was implanted on June 1st. Do you mean 20 to 30 pumps or 20 to 30 minutes? It takes me about 20 to 25 pumps to be fully inflated And I do that in 15 seconds using the two thumbs approach. I try to stay inflated for 20 to 30 minutes and then release.
ED survivor 5 years. Tried pills, Gainswave, PRP, Bi-Mix/Tri Mix (worked 50% but very painful for 24 hours after injection.) 55 Gay - Single Titan Coloplast implanted June 1st, 2022, scrotal in Miami by Dr Billy Cordone..,very happy. Zero regrets

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:42 am

Howdy Texas Gardener.

I’m also situated deep in the heart of Texas. Not far at all to the geographic center, actually.

I’m also a happy recipient of an AMS product. (LGX)

I also had 23 cm of implant installed. (18+5)

Before surgery I also was pretty close to 7” in length. (6.8” to be exact, with 6” in girth)

A month after my implant I was worrying unnecessarily that I would be left with a 5 incher.

The answer is cycle. Cycle a bunch. You learn to do by doing. The more you pump it, the better you get at it. It also has the benefit of actually working. I didn’t start seeing my dick look like it did before implant until after 3 months or more. I saw most of my length return between 6 and 12 months.

But it mostly all returned. I ended up with a BPEL (bone pressed erect length) of 6 5/8”. If I mash real hard I can almost see 6 3/4”. So I’m fractionally shorter, but more of a rounding error type loss. Not noticeable. When I grasp it with two hands the same amount of head shows up.

Where I lost was girth, half an inch, and I think that’s a function of AMS cylinders being expansion limited in the girth dimension. Still, 5 1/2” is proportional, adequate, and I’m not griping. Maybe I can wear this one out and try a Titan next time.

If you’re feeling the cylinder tips on the underside of the glans that’s a good thing. Your doc didn’t undersized you.

Depending on the depth of your crus your final result might vary. But based on the experience of this 23 cm implantee, you ought to be able to expect something better than 6 1/2” albeit less than 7” when all is said and done.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

texasgardener

Postby texasgardener » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:11 am

Floridaspeedo, no it takes me that long to fully inflate and probably takes 40+ pumps. It’s slow going. Maybe my technique is bad, but it’s very hard to get much liquid (I can feel it) after the first 3-4 pumps.

Any thoughts?

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:23 am

texasgardener wrote:Floridaspeedo, no it takes me that long to fully inflate and probably takes 40+ pumps. It’s slow going. Maybe my technique is bad, but it’s very hard to get much liquid (I can feel it) after the first 3-4 pumps.

Any thoughts?

Try using two hands to pump. I usually hold the bulb between both thumbs, index fingers to hold it in place, and squeeze with thumbs. At first 20-25 pumps was all I'd get. Now it takes 35-40.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Return to “Implants”