infrapubic v scrotal surgery for implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Dr.Menshchikov

Re: infrapubic v scrotal surgery for implant

Postby Dr.Menshchikov » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:37 am

gjmjoe017 wrote:
Dr.Menshchikov wrote:
aussiePeyronies wrote:What are the ups n downs of each?

I've been told by Dr Eid that Scrotal approach helps conserve size ?

Penoscrotal access allows better placement of the Cylinders in the corpora cavernosa, in the scrotal pump. This allows the implant to last longer and break less often.

Are there studies showing more failures with Infrapubic?

Different medical systems. When the surgeries are done by insurance, they try to spend less money on supplies, so they choose infrapubics. And where they do most of the surgery for money, they do the expensive and reliable penoscrotal access.
More than 1000 penile prosthetics operations. More than 130 operations per year. Most surgeries out of all doctors in Eastern Europe. Mentor Coloplast.

gjmjoe017

Postby gjmjoe017 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:48 am

Dr.Menshchikov wrote:
gjmjoe017 wrote:
Dr.Menshchikov wrote:
Penoscrotal access allows better placement of the Cylinders in the corpora cavernosa, in the scrotal pump. This allows the implant to last longer and break less often.

Are there studies showing more failures with Infrapubic?

Different medical systems. When the surgeries are done by insurance, they try to spend less money on supplies, so they choose infrapubics. And where they do most of the surgery for money, they do the expensive and reliable penoscrotal access.

Why does Dr.Perito in Florida who is one of the highest volume Implant Surgeons in the World use the Infrapubic approach?Still curious about studies.
71 yrs.old married,ED for 7 yrs.Pills for 3 yrs,TriMix for 21/2 yrs.6 1/2 inches flacid,71/4 inches erect,6 inches girth.Coloplast Titan put in 11/13/20,Dr.Bozeman,Arkansas Urology,Little Rock.22cm + 2 RTE.

Dr.Menshchikov

Postby Dr.Menshchikov » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:28 am

gjmjoe017 wrote:
Dr.Menshchikov wrote:
gjmjoe017 wrote:Are there studies showing more failures with Infrapubic?

Why does Dr.Perito in Florida who is one of the highest volume Implant Surgeons in the World use the Infrapubic approach?Still curious about studies.

He is the one who developed it and he uses it for primary implantation. It's only for the primary. Every surgeon has his own method that he knows best. By the way, all over the world the penoscrotal method is the most used.
More than 1000 penile prosthetics operations. More than 130 operations per year. Most surgeries out of all doctors in Eastern Europe. Mentor Coloplast.

gjmjoe017

Postby gjmjoe017 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:32 am

You’re correct but over here in the US Infrapubic is becoming more popular and a lot of surgeons are using it.Very happy with the way mine turned out and I healed quickly.Thanks for your response!
71 yrs.old married,ED for 7 yrs.Pills for 3 yrs,TriMix for 21/2 yrs.6 1/2 inches flacid,71/4 inches erect,6 inches girth.Coloplast Titan put in 11/13/20,Dr.Bozeman,Arkansas Urology,Little Rock.22cm + 2 RTE.

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:56 am

frwmw1 wrote:
aussiePeyronies wrote:Thanks a lot guys, I am using Australia's best implant surgeon.. I do believe he uses infrapubic but I spoke to Dr Eid who said Scrotal preserves the most size (i have loss of size and hinging/dents due to peyronies)... I am just confused on whether I should go with it or think about switching to a different Dr.

All the Australian surgeon's use the infrapubic method, as far as I'm aware. Love, Katz, Chung, Chee, and the rest, they all use infrapubic.

But the Australian surgeon you are speaking of, I've not heard of anyone losing size with him, albeit I've only read of 3-4 people here using him, yet none of them complained about a loss of size, one person has a complaint about the pump placement but otherwise has a very good result, particularly in regards to length.

I just had a consult with Dr Eric Chung who you mentioned and he said he 90% uses the scrotal approach. Where did you find that he only uses infrapubic?
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm + 1cm RTE

Fourtytwo00

Postby Fourtytwo00 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:21 am

Dr.Menshchikov wrote:
aussiePeyronies wrote:What are the ups n downs of each?

I've been told by Dr Eid that Scrotal approach helps conserve size ?

What factors mostly affect the implant expected life in your opinion?

frwmw1

Postby frwmw1 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:56 am

aussiePeyronies wrote:
frwmw1 wrote:
aussiePeyronies wrote:Thanks a lot guys, I am using Australia's best implant surgeon.. I do believe he uses infrapubic but I spoke to Dr Eid who said Scrotal preserves the most size (i have loss of size and hinging/dents due to peyronies)... I am just confused on whether I should go with it or think about switching to a different Dr.

All the Australian surgeon's use the infrapubic method, as far as I'm aware. Love, Katz, Chung, Chee, and the rest, they all use infrapubic.

But the Australian surgeon you are speaking of, I've not heard of anyone losing size with him, albeit I've only read of 3-4 people here using him, yet none of them complained about a loss of size, one person has a complaint about the pump placement but otherwise has a very good result, particularly in regards to length.

I just had a consult with Dr Eric Chung who you mentioned and he said he 90% uses the scrotal approach. Where did you find that he only uses infrapubic?

I was given the impression they all use a variation of the MINT method, because their society watches the infection rate very closely, and I haven't read anything about penescrotal from those surgeons and the society, they just about all discuss MINT.
45yo, venous leak. Pills increased tinnitus (very rare). Using bimix+atropine, 0.2 of:
Atropine Sulfate: 52MCG/ML, Phentolamine MES: 0.9MG/ML, Papaverine HCL: 26MG/ML

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:13 am

frwmw1 wrote:
aussiePeyronies wrote:
frwmw1 wrote:

I was given the impression they all use a variation of the MINT method, because their society watches the infection rate very closely, and I haven't read anything about penescrotal from those surgeons and the society, they just about all discuss MINT.

I was advised by Professor Chung himself that 90% of the time he uses the scrotal approach. I hope I have not been given incorrect information by him. Do you know much about Professor Chung? Would you consider him a high implant surgeon?
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

frwmw1

Postby frwmw1 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:46 am

aussiePeyronies wrote:I was advised by Professor Chung himself that 90% of the time he uses the scrotal approach. I hope I have not been given incorrect information by him. Do you know much about Professor Chung? Would you consider him a high implant surgeon?

I don't think you've been given incorrect information about him, I don't know him, he's in Brisbane, a few people have used him here and not had a problem.

I haven't found accurate information on the volumes of Australian surgeon's.

However, I think that reference about Dr Chris Love doing 75 a year is probably accurate.

Whereas Dr Eid in NYC does 300 per year.

I've not read or heard of any truly bad outcomes from any Australian surgeon to be honest.

The only bad thing I've read about was a complaint regarding a high risk grafting procedure.
45yo, venous leak. Pills increased tinnitus (very rare). Using bimix+atropine, 0.2 of:
Atropine Sulfate: 52MCG/ML, Phentolamine MES: 0.9MG/ML, Papaverine HCL: 26MG/ML

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:05 am

frwmw1 wrote:
aussiePeyronies wrote:I was advised by Professor Chung himself that 90% of the time he uses the scrotal approach. I hope I have not been given incorrect information by him. Do you know much about Professor Chung? Would you consider him a high implant surgeon?

I don't think you've been given incorrect information about him, I don't know him, he's in Brisbane, a few people have used him here and not had a problem.

I haven't found accurate information on the volumes of Australian surgeon's.

However, I think that reference about Dr Chris Love doing 75 a year is probably accurate.

Whereas Dr Eid in NYC does 300 per year.

I've not read or heard of any truly bad outcomes from any Australian surgeon to be honest.

The only bad thing I've read about was a complaint regarding a high risk grafting procedure.

Thanks for the info. Could you please explain what the complaint was? My doc has suggested a graft if the implant is unstable.

Return to “Implants”