infrapubic v scrotal surgery for implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
frwmw1

Re: infrapubic v scrotal surgery for implant

Postby frwmw1 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:21 am

aussiePeyronies wrote:
frwmw1 wrote:
aussiePeyronies wrote:I was advised by Professor Chung himself that 90% of the time he uses the scrotal approach. I hope I have not been given incorrect information by him. Do you know much about Professor Chung? Would you consider him a high implant surgeon?

I don't think you've been given incorrect information about him, I don't know him, he's in Brisbane, a few people have used him here and not had a problem.

I haven't found accurate information on the volumes of Australian surgeon's.

However, I think that reference about Dr Chris Love doing 75 a year is probably accurate.

Whereas Dr Eid in NYC does 300 per year.

I've not read or heard of any truly bad outcomes from any Australian surgeon to be honest.

The only bad thing I've read about was a complaint regarding a high risk grafting procedure.

Thanks for the info. Could you please explain what the complaint was? My doc has suggested a graft if the implant is unstable.

It was a post I read on https://www.peyroniesforum.net/, I tried looking for it and currently can't find it. But I should say, I did heaps of searching and that was the only negative thing I read, and I don't know the full details and they didn't explain what it was that exactly went wrong.

What I was trying to say is, as far as I am aware, they are a really good surgeon!

So please don't get worked up by that comment.
45yo, venous leak. Pills increased tinnitus (very rare). Using bimix+atropine, 0.2 of:
Atropine Sulfate: 52MCG/ML, Phentolamine MES: 0.9MG/ML, Papaverine HCL: 26MG/ML

frwmw1

Postby frwmw1 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:25 pm

aussiePeyronies wrote:
frwmw1 wrote:
aussiePeyronies wrote:I was advised by Professor Chung himself that 90% of the time he uses the scrotal approach. I hope I have not been given incorrect information by him. Do you know much about Professor Chung? Would you consider him a high implant surgeon?

I don't think you've been given incorrect information about him, I don't know him, he's in Brisbane, a few people have used him here and not had a problem.

I haven't found accurate information on the volumes of Australian surgeon's.

However, I think that reference about Dr Chris Love doing 75 a year is probably accurate.

Whereas Dr Eid in NYC does 300 per year.

I've not read or heard of any truly bad outcomes from any Australian surgeon to be honest.

The only bad thing I've read about was a complaint regarding a high risk grafting procedure.

Thanks for the info. Could you please explain what the complaint was? My doc has suggested a graft if the implant is unstable.

Ok. But I'll need time, I've since lost my account details for that forum and they don't allow guests to do searches. It didn't involve an implant, I recall that much.
45yo, venous leak. Pills increased tinnitus (very rare). Using bimix+atropine, 0.2 of:

frwmw1

Postby frwmw1 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:30 am

aussiePeyronies wrote:

I'm still looking for that post. One point about it though, is they didn't specify what went wrong, they were upset but I would have loved to ask them if it was that they lost erectile function from the graft, in which case they would have then needed an implant, but things like venous leakages are not well understood so I don't think it's fair to blame the surgeon in that situation.

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:58 pm

frwmw1 wrote:
aussiePeyronies wrote:

I'm still looking for that post. One point about it though, is they didn't specify what went wrong, they were upset but I would have loved to ask them if it was that they lost erectile function from the graft, in which case they would have then needed an implant, but things like venous leakages are not well understood so I don't think it's fair to blame the surgeon in that situation.

Thanks man, appreciate it.
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm + 1cm RTE

Return to “Implants”