Dribble after peeing

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
iwantanewone

Dribble after peeing

Postby iwantanewone » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:08 pm

How many continue to dribble urine for several minutes after peeing…post implant surgery Also, for those implanted for a while, does this last forever or does it clear? I had a Foley catheter only for about 12 hours… I don’t think it has anything to do with that since I’m almost 9 weeks post surgery… Just wondering if this is forever or is it that the urethra and everything is still swollen inside?

I did not have any prostrate issues, dribbling, or stream issues prior to surgery.

I’m seeing my surgeon Monday but would like some numbers to take with me… Lol… Thank you!
Last edited by iwantanewone on Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DougAnd

Re: Dribble after peeing

Postby DougAnd » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:16 pm

I'm going on four years in August. I still dribble and I also leak. But I don't think I'm a normal case. I had my prostate removed through my urethra about a year-and-a-half after IPP surgery. So the dribbling before my prostate was removed had more to do with straining to pee. I suppose the answer to your question has to do with that. The only thing I noticed that my prosthesis causes is a double dribble. In other words the tips in my glans distort my urethra which causes a kind of double stream at times. Makes it very hard to shake all the Dew off of my Lily. :lol:
Last edited by DougAnd on Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:24 pm

Never had a dribbling issue before implant. Now it's almost every time. (Darn catheter) I been sitting since implant, just easier to shake and use a few squares of paper to milk the last 2-3 drops out of me.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

bionicbrother

Postby bionicbrother » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:44 pm

2 months in and still have the dribble ( hate it! especially when I dont wear any underwear).. I also notice I pee all over the place( there are 2 streams of urine rater than one solid one if you know what I mean).. its very hard to control the flow. I also feel my implant gets inflated a bit when it gets filled up with pee.. not sure if others face this issue too..
40 yrs old. Have ED and PE all my life. Never had penetrative sex all my life. Tried almost all kinds of options( pills, injections, natural therapies etc. Turned Bionic on May 17'22 with Titan by Dr.Karpman infrapubic approach.16cm+2 RTE

brianroa7

Postby brianroa7 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm

I’m at 3 months post-implant and I dribbled quite a bit at first and it has slowly gotten better. Now there is almost no dribble whatsoever. I think a lot depends on your prior conditions. From what I read, those with RP seem to have the most change of these type problems after implant. It does seem to happen to some no matter what their existing condition is going into the implant operation. My doctor told me he sees it frequently but it usually resolves on its own.
58, implanted with 22 cm Titan (no RTE's) on April 1, 2022. Complete ED started after High Dose Rate Brachytherapy for prostate cancer. Tried everything else first but nothing worked. Wonderfully supportive wife!

JiminFL

Postby JiminFL » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:32 pm

2 years next month. No catheter. Still dribble if I don't take the extra time required to make sure my urethra is empty.
57yr old. In shape. Controlled hypertension. 20+ years of PDE5. TRT 4yrs. Trimix 2yrs. Titan 24cc implanted 8/25/20

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:23 am

1 1/2-year post implant, dribbling might be my major concern. After my RP my incontinence went away within only a month with plenty of Kegel exercises, but a few drops for about 5 minutes after peeing continued to annoy me. Sometimes more.
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

nuance

Postby nuance » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:14 pm

There doesn't seem to be a consensus on whether this has to do with the catheter. Also how does the Dr decide whether or not to use a catheter for surgery?

brianroa7

Postby brianroa7 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:19 pm

I think most doctors put in a catheter for implant surgery. My doctor told me that it is mostly for visualizing the urethra since it can be easily damaged during the procedure. Mine told me that he could take it out while I was still under anesthesia if I was willing to take the risk of them having to put one in while I was awake if I had trouble peeing. They were very patient with me while they were waiting on me to be able to pee and it stretched into the evening, a couple of diet cokes, some water, etc, and then finally right there in my recovery room, I was able to pee while my nurse and wife watched to make sure I didn't hurt myself. I have always had to pee standing up and could never pee in a urinal in bed. I was beginning to think they were gonna call time on me and stick the catheter back in. I finally gave them a nice big sample, and they said I could go home. Never had any more trouble except the dribbling which my doctor attributed to inflammation of the urethra both from the catheter and just what that whole area goes through in the implant surgery.

Like I said in an early post, this was bothersome since my earlier cancer treatment didn't really cause any incontinence issues but then the implant surgery did. Luckily at three months, it almost never dribbles out anymore. Big relief.
58, implanted with 22 cm Titan (no RTE's) on April 1, 2022. Complete ED started after High Dose Rate Brachytherapy for prostate cancer. Tried everything else first but nothing worked. Wonderfully supportive wife!

nuance

Postby nuance » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:59 am

brianroa7 wrote:I think most doctors put in a catheter for implant surgery. My doctor told me that it is mostly for visualizing the urethra since it can be easily damaged during the procedure. Mine told me that he could take it out while I was still under anesthesia if I was willing to take the risk of them having to put one in while I was awake if I had trouble peeing. They were very patient with me while they were waiting on me to be able to pee and it stretched into the evening, a couple of diet cokes, some water, etc, and then finally right there in my recovery room, I was able to pee while my nurse and wife watched to make sure I didn't hurt myself. I have always had to pee standing up and could never pee in a urinal in bed. I was beginning to think they were gonna call time on me and stick the catheter back in. I finally gave them a nice big sample, and they said I could go home. Never had any more trouble except the dribbling which my doctor attributed to inflammation of the urethra both from the catheter and just what that whole area goes through in the implant surgery.

Like I said in an early post, this was bothersome since my earlier cancer treatment didn't really cause any incontinence issues but then the implant surgery did. Luckily at three months, it almost never dribbles out anymore. Big relief.

Can this dribble happen during sex? That would be embarrassing.

Return to “Implants”