Revision surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jimmi85

Revision surgery

Postby jimmi85 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:43 pm

I am meeting with a new surgeon next Tuesday to determine how botched my first surgery was in February. I am very undersized and he will likely suggest a revision with a larger implant.

For my first surgery I was off work for just over two weeks and was unable to sit down for the first five weeks.

I understand a revision is harder for the surgeon but easier for the patient - I would also imagine it will only be the cylinders that get replaced.

For anyone who has had one or multiple revisions, how did your recovery compare to your initial surgery?
Implanted by Mike Fraser in feb 2022 due to a 80 degree dorsal curvature. 18cm Titan - way undersized. 8’ pre Peyronies, 6’ pre implant - currently 6’.

DougAnd

Re: Revision surgery

Postby DougAnd » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:29 pm

Very sorry to hear about your situation. We all expect every doctor to be on their game every time especially our time. But that is just not the case. I have to assume that when they replace your cylinders they will also replace your pump. They might replace your Reservoir just depends. I had a revision 4 months after surgery. The doctor wanted to replace my cylinders but I told him I had distal crossover and I did not want to take a chance of making it worse so he only replaced my pump so that I could use my prosthesis. That surgery went well it was on I think a Wednesday he sealed my incision with surgical glue and I went back to work the following Monday. Never had any soreness to speak of. Of course yours will be more severe because they're replacing your cylinders and we'll have to open up your inner layers of skin inside of your penis again. Hope this helps good luck
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Wiggles123

Re: Revision surgery

Postby Wiggles123 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:53 pm

Had 2 revisions, and both were somewhat easier than the initial implant (but this is attestable to also having a scrotal plasty at my first operation - my scrotum was VERY unhappy). The 2 revision surgeries were as traumatic to my penis but the scrotal pain was much less. My surgeon removed the pump pouch each time (my new surgeon that did the 3rd implant said the first surgeon should have reused the pump pouch... All worked out in the end.
AMS700 CX 21cm with 3 RTE 4-2019 by Dr Natale - failed 5-2021. Revision 6-2021 with issue (scrotal hematoma and infection). Dr. Ryan Terlecki revision 3-28-2022 (AMS700 CX 21cm with 1.5cm RTE). Cylinder failure at 18 months. 24cm AMS700 CX 11-29-2023.

Return to “Implants”