A first time poster on the chopping block in 3 weeks *3rd day post op update*

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Colandria

Re: A first time poster on the chopping block in 3 weeks

Postby Colandria » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:40 pm

But I recognize the shortcomings to this device and I can objectively say I’d prefer my natural erections if I could ever get them back.

Hi, I am really considering an implant and trying to gather as much info as possible. Just wondering if you would be so kind as to elaborate on the shortcomings you have encountered? Thank you so much!

mikestap

Postby mikestap » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:20 am

Hi, I am really considering an implant and trying to gather as much info as possible. Just wondering if you would be so kind as to elaborate on the shortcomings you have encountered?

1. Risk of device failure. My first failed after 3 years. More expected.
2. Loss of the experience of a growing hard-on as my arousal increases.
3. My wife’s similar loss of seeing and feeling my growing hard-on.
4. A limit to the motion in certain favorite positions, namely cowgirl.

There are certainly benefits as described with reasonable accuracy on these pages and I am grateful for them. But a natural working penis for me is the best. But, none of us would be here if we all had working penises, right?
64 Years. RALP 2013. Received 22cm Titan Dec 20, 2017 by Dr Hakky. See results at download/file.php?id=5320 and download/file.php?id=4754
Revision 3-25-21 24 cm XL No RTE

crazyjoe

Postby crazyjoe » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:29 am

sounds like you have a lot of factors going on in your decision. The 2" loss isn't what a lot of the brothers have experienced. I had a doc tell me that because he wasn't going into the glans. I ditched him and went to Eid who will give you a guarantee of length based on an erection he injects with PGE. He kept his promise. I will also add a response to your question about the natural feel of an implanted erection -- mine feels entirely natural and is back to where I was pre-ED. Just my personal experience. Happy to respond to more questions you may have
75, used pills, injections -- all lost effectiveness. Titan implanted by Eid in Feb '22.

Diligent

Postby Diligent » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:46 pm

I'm 16 days out. Only had bad pain on day one. Now that I'm in the cycle pumping stage, no way would I go back to where you are now. I was in the EXACT same place. I luck and learned for almost two years. Im only looking forward now
61 yo. Ed at 36. Pills for 20 years. Tri-mix etc stopped working 2 years ago..
AMS 700 LGX, 12mm x 18 cm on 6/13/22

TalkFrankly

Postby TalkFrankly » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:15 am

mikestap wrote:
Hi, I am really considering an implant and trying to gather as much info as possible. Just wondering if you would be so kind as to elaborate on the shortcomings you have encountered?

There are certainly benefits as described with reasonable accuracy on these pages and I am grateful for them. But a natural working penis for me is the best. But, none of us would be here if we all had working penises, right?

Man I hear you but really, I'm not getting it up so 2 & 3 are moot, 4 rather loose some motion and have to figure new position out. Not the worst problem I could have. And as for 1, what can I say? Life is full of risk.

I appreciate your replies, I've taken them into consideration, I'm 7 days out, still no nerves, want to get it done and start my new life, restart my old life and be that hammer I used to be.

Fingers crossed for me!
See you in the other side

slipnslider

Postby slipnslider » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:13 pm

mikestap wrote:

Out of curiousity, why can't you do cowgirl anymore? Is that common for guys with implants?
44, ED problems began around age 28 when I was on finasteride for hair loss, and also got circumcised so I lost a lot of sensation. Pills gave me bad headaches and other side effects. Now using trimix 30/1/20. So far so good.

TalkFrankly

Postby TalkFrankly » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:34 pm

Well today was the day and I'm home catching up on my Obi Wan Kenobi. Great show btw.

Surgery went well, happy that over. Pain is minimal but peeing... Holy crap that hurts! My surgeon just called me to check up and when I asked why he told me the catheter causes that as does the hook they use in the urethra to stretch it out causes much pain. Hook! I told him he could have left that part out. Lol

Other than that he installed the Titan with the largest cylinders they make. So that made me smile and my wife more so. :)

Now that the peeing trauma is done I'll go back to bed and contemplate having more water.

Return to “Implants”