My implant seems to be out of place..

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TB0711

My implant seems to be out of place..

Postby TB0711 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:31 pm

First and foremost I got my implant done early April.. the healing process was scary but at a point, but a month afterwards things seemed perfect. I was getting hard erections and cycling. A couple days ago I woke up and had a huge bulge in pelvic area and I can literally feel the tubes. I was able to push the area back to normal. I usually wake up with a lil inflation so I deflated and started my day.

Today mid work day I noticed the same bulge and my penis in that area feels weird.. I was going to try to deflate, but I couldn’t I noticed that around my pump which seemed a bit lower than usual there’s so much growth around it that I couldnt even deflate. My left testicle is huge as it’s combined with the pump it seems.. Monday I will call my surgeon..

Has this happen to anyone? I can post pics if requested.

UPDATE 10/24/22

Edit: I had to get an adjustment surgery' which seems to fix it.

Edit: The tubes are moving again. I'm just going to have to go to another surgeon.
Last edited by TB0711 on Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
30yr, Implanted 04/05/22 w/ Titan by Dr.Taj. ED caused by week-long priapism in 2019.

tomas1

Re: My implant seems to be out of place..

Postby tomas1 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:42 pm

Wow, no answers, but you have to get in to see the doc at your first opportunity.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Tommo68

Postby Tommo68 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:15 pm

Hi there, I hope that I am wrong in your case but it sounds like you may have something called a proximal corporal deformity which is where the implant cylinders herniate (bulge) out of the corporal tubes accompanied by a possible infection in the area of the pump, both are known complications of implant surgery. If this is the case, I'm sorry to tell you that further surgery is necessary with all the associated pain that goes with it. I am currently waiting for my revision surgery for a similar problem that arose after my surgery last December, although yours sounds much more extreme than mine.
Whatever the cause, I concur with your other respondent in that you need to get to your doctor ASAP.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:40 pm

Sorry I was late to see this. Have you checked your temperature? Hate to bring it up infection is a risk post surgery and it reduce over the first year then be at a very slight risk from then on. If you have an elevated temp I would see about getting in to a medical facility asap. They should be able to contact your doctor or the on call doctor. If they suspect infection they can then get you started on antibiotics right away. This would of course been best to do yesterday. Could also be something else and I am not a doctor. Even if you don't have an elevated temp might be a good idea to get to a minor emergency center or ER to have it looked at.

Best of luck to you and I hope it is not infection or something serious. Let us know what it is.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Rusty4.5

Postby Rusty4.5 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:18 pm

You might try calling your urologist office. They might have an emergency on call Dr on the phone menu.If this is an infection the sooner you start antibiotics the better!
Rusty4 Hated side effects of pills, they quit working over year ago
Goal is future implant, enjoying trimix for now,
Worried, PSA number rising .

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:38 pm

Definitely call your doctor asap. Sorry to hear of the issue. Let us know what doc finds out.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:44 pm

TB0711 wrote:First and foremost I got my implant done early April.. the healing process was scary but at a point, but a month afterwards things seemed perfect. I was getting hard erections and cycling. A couple days ago I woke up and had a huge bulge in pelvic area and I can literally feel the tubes. I was able to push the area back to normal. I usually wake up with a lil inflation so I deflated and started my day.

Today mid work day I noticed the same bulge and my penis in that area feels weird.. I was going to try to deflate, but I couldn’t I noticed that around my pump which seemed a bit lower than usual there’s so much growth around it that I couldnt even deflate. My left testicle is huge as it’s combined with the pump it seems.. Monday I will call my surgeon..

Has this happen to anyone? I can post pics if requested.

sounds like your pump is sticking to something. usually comes loose on its own. but if it sticks to a testicle that could be a problem. my pump stuck to everything for months. in fact after my pump was moved i purposely stuck it to my scrotum in just the right spot and perfectly pointed so that could easily one hand it. after several months it came loose n its own. by then my tubes had bent just right. by now your doc has probably solved the issue
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

TB0711

Postby TB0711 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:28 pm

I had to get an adjustment surgery' which seems to fix it until now. The right tube is moving downwards. I'm just going to have to go to another surgeon.
30yr, Implanted 04/05/22 w/ Titan by Dr.Taj. ED caused by week-long priapism in 2019.

Return to “Implants”