Exercising with an implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
turboplanet

Exercising with an implant

Postby turboplanet » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:43 pm

I want to here what experiences people have with exercise once they have healed from surgery. I have read stories about implants breaking with activities like biking and horse back riding.

I do a lot of Cross Fit type activities along with skiing in the winter. I want to continue these activities but I also want to avoid getting reimplanted regularly

Thanks for any advise.
52 year old man who has struggled with erections for years. Got implanted on May 27 after pills and injections stopped working.

Time2Change

Re: Exercising with an implant

Postby Time2Change » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:20 am

Some guys have said they have no problem with bicycling. I won't do it out of concern for damaging parts of the implant. I think those guys have changed to new seats that reduce the pressure in that area. I don't know about horseback riding.

Otherwise, you should be good for most other types of exercise. I would avoid sports with a strong likelihood of getting hit in the groin, but running, swimming, lifting, hiking, skiing, etc. should be fine.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

Craigohbig

Re: Exercising with an implant

Postby Craigohbig » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:52 pm

I’m 7 months in and when I lift heavy my reservoir hurts badly
42 ED for 9 years vl after a fall. Pre implant 8 1/4 bp x 6 1/8 ish
Clavell titan 26+1 rte…post op very excited: 8 5/8” x 6 1/4” (7” base)
Starting to lose some length

Return to “Implants”