Injections, implant and Dr Ralph

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Clementis

Injections, implant and Dr Ralph

Postby Clementis » Sat May 28, 2022 8:47 pm

I decided to go for a private surgery with Dr Ralph.
I'm from Grece, but i know that following 1st and 2nd line treatments under NHS would be a long process.
I'm 30 years old and i suffer from a severe venous leak. Pills failed at any dosages and with any combination of them. VED doesn't work.
No morning, nocturnal, spontaneous erections. My penis Is basically dead. It doesn't matter if i'm alone or not.
However, i have never tried injections because i don't even consider them as an acceptable option due to lack of spontaneity, limitations in terms of sex frequency and the concrete risk of developping fibrosis and making my condition even worse.
Could Ralph refuse to get me implanted because of it even in a private medical care regime and force me to try injections before allowing me to undergo surgery? The whole thing would take months and i'm not willing to keep wasting time.
I've already made my decision and injections simply are not an option for me.

Endoftheline

Re: Injections, implant and Dr Ralph

Postby Endoftheline » Sun May 29, 2022 8:21 am

Clementis wrote:I decided to go for a private surgery with Dr Ralph.
I'm from Grece, but i know that following 1st and 2nd line treatments under NHS would be a long process.
I'm 30 years old and i suffer from a severe venous leak. Pills failed at any dosages and with any combination of them. VED doesn't work.
No morning, nocturnal, spontaneous erections. My penis Is basically dead. It doesn't matter if i'm alone or not.
However, i have never tried injections because i don't even consider them as an acceptable option due to lack of spontaneity, limitations in terms of sex frequency and the concrete risk of developping fibrosis and making my condition even worse.
Could Ralph refuse to get me implanted because of it even in a private medical care regime and force me to try injections before allowing me to undergo surgery? The whole thing would take months and i'm not willing to keep wasting time.

I had a telemed meeting with Ralph and he wanted me to do a NPT study that was around 1300 pounds. He has an excellant reputation but it looks like you will need to pay for the initial tests ti be diagnosed.
29 years old and suffered from ED for over 16 years
I had hard flaccid (Potentially Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction) , turned to long flaccid after priaprism incident.
implanted June 24 2022
24 cm XL Titan
L: 5.7 G: 5.0 (no arousal)
L:6.5 G:5.3 (aroused)

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Tue May 31, 2022 10:16 am

If you already decided and a self-pay patient, I don't think there will be any problem. No doctor will put injections as a must-try option. Doctors recommend, but it is your decision.
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue May 31, 2022 1:24 pm

Clementis wrote:I decided to go for a private surgery with Dr Ralph.

I'm not familar with the British health system. But my USA doctor didn't seem bothered by me declining injections. Perhaps you can send an email to his office asking if trying injections is required would give you an answer?
If they are required. Its fairly easy to take the supplies home. Wait a few months & report back that they do not work. Just 1 silly step that you might have to do to get coverage. I really doubt that Dr. Ralph would blame you for skipping a silly rule that some bureaucrat requires.
Good luck on your journey.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”