Bike/cycling Issue

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Biker60

Bike/cycling Issue

Postby Biker60 » Sun May 22, 2022 11:23 am

I am or was a avid cyclists. Implant one, after adjustments could ride no issue other then pump and seat. 6 months latter implant 1 broke. Surgeon said the pump split. However, I always complained about a pain in left groin going to resavoir. There was a small loop in the tubing. He ignored it, I think a stitch broke in the days post op. Well, I was implanted with a new Titan, went from 18 narrow to 20 mm regular. The pump is not a problem. It does not sit at the bottom of the ball sac. That was because of fluid around the pump in the early days. Now 14 months postop I am trying to ride my bike again. the pedaling or leg movements on the left groin where the resavoir is hurts when peddling. Bike shorts are not helping. I am average Joe. Flaccid is now about 4 inches and about 6 inches when fully inflated. I still have my own blood supply. So even when deflated, it changes as a normal penis does without the implant. I do not want to damage this implant. Finally won a 4th appeal against Aetna and the pos, had to pay for the surgery. Binding arbitration is a wonderful thing when it is bound to the other side. The photo of the area mentioned is shown. This is the area circled. When touched you can feel part of the implant same as the other side. But tubing is on this side as well. Are my riding days over? I feel as the motion of cycling is putting pressure right in this area. 10 mins session on recombinant spin bike and I have slight pain.
Attachments
IMG_0141 2.jpg
area pressure
IMG_0141 2.jpg (790.01 KiB) Viewed 523 times

Toronto67

Re: Bike/cycling Issue

Postby Toronto67 » Sun May 22, 2022 2:24 pm

Hi,

Try. Changing the saddle, I am using the ISM Tourim and so far so good:

http://www.triboutique.ca/ISM-Touring-S ... ouring.htm
Born 1967, diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2016, prostatectomy performed in 2018, current PSA 0.10, implanted with LGX 700 on Jul 2019.

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Mon May 23, 2022 1:43 pm

Sorry to hear about your problem, I too thought that the implant would affect my cycling and I wouldn’t be the same old self.
As I remember, I got back on the bike for just short distance of 1 or 2 miles at week 8 ans it was uncomfortable. I could definitely feel the pump moving around. I ordered a no nose seat called Easy Seat II and put it on my bike, it did help with the pain but sitting on top of the seat rather than the sits bones was just awful. I would have to constantly adjust to keep my rear on the saddle. I was dejected that I might not be able to ride like I did before. I sent the seat back to Amazon, and I put my old seat back on (ISM PL 1.1) it is also called a no nose saddle, I think because the saddle has a split at the front and allows your perineum and sac breathing room.
It did take a little time from my pump to find its place while I was riding but after several rides I barely noticed that it was there and now I don’t even think about it.
It does take time for the inguinal canal area to heal where the doctor puts the reservoir in the space of retsisus, mine has taken almost six months to feel back to normal.
Everyone is different and heals differently, I don’t think you can damage the pump with riding but yours might be placed different.
I would also have your bike fitted to you so that you don’t have a lot of movement when peddling. I saw that you also have a recumbent bike, I don’t think that should cause you pain, but if the pedals are too far out you’ll also have too much movement.
I would ask your urologist that performed the implant to investigate your pain.
I had my implant installed 5 Nov 21, I got back on the bike Dec 8th 21 and now here it is May 23rd 22 and I have 2,012 miles on my road bike this year.
If you have any more questions, reach out.
Age 65, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Mon May 23, 2022 9:57 pm

This is the saddle that I use. I don't have any problems using it with the implant. The longest ride I've done this year in that saddle is 70 miles.

https://shop-us.ismseat.com/collections ... cts/pl-1-1
Age 65, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

Return to “Implants”