To do list - what to pack

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Endoftheline

To do list - what to pack

Postby Endoftheline » Sun May 22, 2022 6:03 am

My surgery will hopefully be in one month, what should I be doing rn (other than pumping) to guarantee a good result? Also could somebody link me to a packing list for the surgery? I feel like I I currently underprepared for the procedure.
29 years old and suffered from ED for over 16 years
I had hard flaccid (Potentially Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction) , turned to long flaccid after priaprism incident.
implanted June 24 2022
24 cm XL Titan
L: 5.7 G: 5.0 (no arousal)
L:6.5 G:5.3 (aroused)

Agfa13

Re: To do list - what to pack

Postby Agfa13 » Sun May 22, 2022 12:45 pm

Well, is it local or are you traveling quite a ways?
As for guaranteeing a good result, that is a crap shoot, my friend. Everyone responds differently to healing, and don't know what the Dr. may find in you once they get in.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

squirrel

Postby squirrel » Sun May 22, 2022 1:03 pm

In my situation. It was a 2 hr. drive and the surgery was outpatient. All I needed was a shirt larger than my normal size to hang low and a pair of loose lounge pants, clean socks and a driver. I left the hospital with a catheter and a drain. That was all I needed until I made it home. At home I liked the flexible ice packs. I used frozen peas until the bags began leaking and i ditched them for the flexible ice packs. Take the Meds as prescribed. Oh and when home I wore gym shorts I got off amazon cheap. Like a 5 pack for $20 or so. Others will chime in with things I forgot. Good luck!
56 years old
E.D. for 6 years
Testosterone Replacement
Implanted 20 APR 22 AMS 700 LGX

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Sun May 22, 2022 3:14 pm

Sweatpants with no elastic at the feet was my go to after surgery. Once you get there they have you put on a hospital gown, footies and a head cap. I just wore my sweats, a t-shirt and my jacket to go in, wore that home. You'll go home in a jock strap more than likely along with a wrap of bandages, drain bag and catheter. Once all that's gone I found boxer briefs helped me support things without too much constriction. At night I found satin boxers were most comfortable to sleep in for the first few months.
Good Luck.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sun May 22, 2022 4:44 pm

This can be as much involved as you want it to be. There are many variables as doctors differ a lot. Infrapubic or penascrotal is a bit different and not all doctors use a drain. Contact your doctors office to get some information and a copy of the discharge instructions if you can.

I was alone and traveled 1/2 way across the country for my first and spent the night and my cath was removed the next morning before I was discharged. No drain. My repair I had no drain and no cath in recovery a 3 hour ride home. My discharge instructions stated to unwrap once I was home for both. Been a while so it is difficult to remember all the details. I bought a 2nd jock strap as for the first the instructions said to wear it for maybe 5 days. 4x4 sterile gauze pads for wound care. Bacitracin ointment. Motrin for reducing swelling. A stool softener as pain meds can cause constipation and you need not strain after surgery. Cold packs for swelling. Ask for them in recovery if you can remember. I used dry beans. I bought 3 small bags and put them in the freezer and rotated them. They are dry so no moisture to leak anywhere near the wound and they do not clump. Zip lock bags to put the bean bags into when you remove them from the freezer so not to transfer any germs. Hibiclens soap to shower with 3 days prior to surgery. I use alcohol wipes to wipe my genitals and inner thighs after showering. I was alone so I made my meals and drinks ahead of time and had them in my hotel room. If you have someone with you to get this then no need. Stay a flat as you can for the first 2 days and then after that you can increase activity as needed. I was on a 10lb weight lifting max.

I was really worried about infection and one doctor has published that most cases of infection were from the man bringing it into the OR with him. That it was in your skin. There was some info on sources of infection that is resistant to current surgery prep. He used to tell men to put one cup of bleach in the bathtub and soak for 30 minutes for the 3 days prior to the surgery. And some have used alcohol prep also for surgery. I do not take baths and the hotel room did not have one. So I bought new white cotton underwear, towels, and gray sweat pants. I washed them in bleach and put them in zip lock baggies to take with me. Morning prep for trip to the hospital was a shower with dial Gold antibacterial soap then a second from the chest down with Hibiclens soap. I used the sealed towel to dry and alcohol wipe. Dressed with the sealed underwear sweatpants and a t-shirt. Then off to the hospital. Afterwards I used the hospital pock strap until my first shower several days later and then switched to the sealed underwear and new jock strap. I used the sealed hand towels with the bean bag cold packs.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Mon May 23, 2022 5:14 am

As far as before the surgery, it's important to do what you can to avoid an infection after the surgery.

That means no cuts or scrapes, especially in the area of the surgery. It also means following the surgeon's instructions for cleaning the surgical area. My surgeon gave me a special cleaning solution and instructions for cleaning myself in the days leading up to the surgery.

Your surgeon will probably leave you partially inflated at the end of the surgery. Loose sweatpants will be good to wear home from the surgery.

You doctor should provide you with information about supplies and care for when you get home.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

Return to “Implants”