Why is my penis twisted? Are my tips placed incorrectly/am I undersized?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
CardboardBox

Why is my penis twisted? Are my tips placed incorrectly/am I undersized?

Postby CardboardBox » Thu May 19, 2022 8:48 pm

Cannot for the life of me understand what is going on with my implanted penis. It seems very evident that the tips of my implant are not where they are supposed to be, and they cause impingement and irritation intermittently throughout the day and during sexual activity.

My deflated and inflated penis just looks very... odd. It's crooked and corkscrewed. I'm don't care that much about aesthetics but I'm wondering if the crookedness of my penis is indicating that something was amiss with the placement of the tips, or perhaps they have migrated away from how they were originally.

7 size.jpg
7 size.jpg (74.09 KiB) Viewed 1222 times

Here’s a picture of my inflated penis to give you a sense of what I mean.

6 size.jpg
6 size.jpg (56.13 KiB) Viewed 1222 times

As you can see from this picture, the tips at the head of my penis are corkscrewed... my left tip dips down towards the floor and my right tip rides up towards the ceiling, creating a corkscrew twist at the head of my penis. Also, it seems like the head of my penis is not large enough to cover the implant tips as fully as it should be.

5 size.jpg
5 size.jpg (43.87 KiB) Viewed 1222 times

Here’s me pulling the glans away from the tips… I’m thinking maybe I’m undersized because the tip barely goes into the glans when inflated.

What do you all think? Any insight? I’m wondering if my glans are either too small to cover my implant tips or if the tips are not in their proper position and it’s causing this weird corkscrew thing I’ve got going on. Was I undersized? Again, I’m not overly concerned about appearance (although I do wish my penis looked straighter and more normal), It's mostly just that I’m experiencing discomfort my from my implant tips and am concerned about that.
23 years old -- Implanted with AMS LGX in fall 2019.
Dealing with glans hypermobility, tips are uneven, poke in to me during sex and while flaccid, causing discomfort.

Cnidium

Re: Why is my penis twisted? Are my tips placed incorrectly/am I undersized?

Postby Cnidium » Thu May 19, 2022 10:55 pm

I have a similar issue, as per my thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19340

I have some corkscrew action going on as well, and a definitive bend / kink near my bottom left shaft. The left cylinder also does not go as far into my glans as my right one.

The weird thing is that this was absolutely not the case when i first was implanted. It use to be straight and even for the first few years and then one day it wasnt. I have an uncomfortable constricting feeling where the suspected kink is.

I have an appointment with my surgeon early next month, I will try to keep you updated in case we what I learn can help you.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

CardboardBox

Postby CardboardBox » Fri May 20, 2022 3:22 am

Cnidium wrote:I have a similar issue, as per my thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19340

I have some corkscrew action going on as well, and a definitive bend / kink near my bottom left shaft. The left cylinder also does not go as far into my glans as my right one.

The weird thing is that this was absolutely not the case when i first was implanted. It use to be straight and even for the first few years and then one day it wasnt. I have an uncomfortable constricting feeling where the suspected kink is.

I have an appointment with my surgeon early next month, I will try to keep you updated in case we what I learn can help you.

Thanks for the response. I'm sorry you're in a similar situation but hopefully we'll be able to to figure out what's going on.

Can you physically feel a kink in your penis? Like is it something you can feel with your fingers or just an internal feeling of constriction? Super weird that it developed slowly over time, I wonder what possibly happened.

That is super interesting... I am not aware of any kink towards the bottom of my left shaft but perhaps I'm just unable notice it if one is there.

How do your implant tips feel? Do they ever feel like they are poking or irritating you? Do they feel well covered or does either one (or both) feel superficial on any side?

Thanks man, I'll definitely be following your thread to stay updated on what's going on with you.
Dealing with glans hypermobility, tips are uneven, poke in to me during sex and while flaccid, causing discomfort.

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:06 am

Hi CardboardBox,
I think the best thing to do is to contact patient liaison representative in your area and try to get a direct consultation with him/her. The other option is to consult a surgeon other than the one who implanted you, if your surgeon is saying this is normal.
Also, please provide information about your implant. How long are you having this implant? Do you have any problem or pain during sex? What implant type do you have? Adding a signature will help members to answer your questions and address your concerns.
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

CardboardBox

Postby CardboardBox » Fri May 20, 2022 3:38 pm

AST2123 wrote:Hi CardboardBox,
I think the best thing to do is to contact patient liaison representative in your area and try to get a direct consultation with him/her. The other option is to consult a surgeon other than the one who implanted you, if your surgeon is saying this is normal.
Also, please provide information about your implant. How long are you having this implant? Do you have any problem or pain during sex? What implant type do you have? Adding a signature will help members to answer your questions and address your concerns.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will get in touch with the patient liaison... I'm just doubtful I'll be able to fully explain the situation over a phone consultation.

I would like to see another high-volume surgeon about it, but I guess I want to know if it really is a problem because I'd have to fly out to see one given my location.

Thanks for the reminder, I'll add details in a signature!

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Fri May 20, 2022 8:56 pm

CardboardBox wrote:
Cnidium wrote:I have a similar issue, as per my thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19340

Thanks for the response. I'm sorry you're in a similar situation but hopefully we'll be able to to figure out what's going on.

Can you physically feel a kink in your penis? Like is it something you can feel with your fingers or just an internal feeling of constriction? Super weird that it developed slowly over time, I wonder what possibly happened.

That is super interesting... I am not aware of any kink towards the bottom of my left shaft but perhaps I'm just unable notice it if one is there.

How do your implant tips feel? Do they ever feel like they are poking or irritating you? Do they feel well covered or does either one (or both) feel superficial on any side?

Thanks man, I'll definitely be following your thread to stay updated on what's going on with you.

What I am referring to as a "kink" is still a guess on my end, but its the word i am using as it seems to be the best bet based on input from other on the forum.

I can feel the "kink" when inflated, and its visually noticeable. When my shaft emerges from my abodomen, after about 1/2 inch there is an obvious indentation that spans up half way through the left side of the shaft and then fills out to the normal dimensions. Its very similar to taking long balloon and pressing your hand against part of it - the balloon will buckle to the pressure and bend/twist accordingly. The strange there here is that this is a titan implant, which by almost every account (including my surgeon) is supposed to me immune to such pressures. This is what makes me think it is a kink. My best guess is that something with the cylinder itself is causing it not to inflate fully in that one area. When its deflated I can feel a constricting feeling in that area that is mildly uncomfortable but by no means unbearable.

As to what caused this - there was a period of time, maybe ~4 months, where i did not inflate the implant at all. This was due to an extremely busy work schedule at the time. It was after this 3-4 month period that I noticed when I inflated that there was a bend/twist starting to occur. My guess is that my implant just got semi-stuck in that position and a kink occurred. Theres is also a good chance that I am wrong here, but it seems most probable. The only other thing that I can think is that this is the same exact location where I had peyronies scarring. Maybe the scarring very gradual returned and its constricting the implant there, but Eid said that is not something he has ever seen happen in a patient before.

My tips feel fine. No irritation. The problem I'm having now is that the kink on the left side is causing the cylinder, and therefore tip, to be shorter than the right side. So my left tip doesnt quite go as far into my head as my right. This caused my head to veer off to the left slightly, not in a huge way, but definitely noticeable. I'm sure correcting the kink would correct the tip length.

What are your next steps? Will you do as the other poster said and follow up with your surgery team and implant rep? If so, def let us know what they say and having different perspectives is critical with all this guess work. I'm confident Eid will be able to address my problems. If not, there is always the next best option/step.

Also - are you US? If not, would you consider flying here if it meant a resolution?
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

CardboardBox

Postby CardboardBox » Sat May 21, 2022 3:57 pm

Cnidium wrote:My tips feel fine. No irritation. The problem I'm having now is that the kink on the left side is causing the cylinder, and therefore tip, to be shorter than the right side. So my left tip doesnt quite go as far into my head as my right. This caused my head to veer off to the left slightly, not in a huge way, but definitely noticeable. I'm sure correcting the kink would correct the tip length.

What are your next steps? Will you do as the other poster said and follow up with your surgery team and implant rep? If so, def let us know what they say and having different perspectives is critical with all this guess work. I'm confident Eid will be able to address my problems. If not, there is always the next best option/step.

Also - are you US? If not, would you consider flying here if it meant a resolution?

Thanks for going into those details about the kink... very interesting, especially coming from a Titan-owner. Your theory about it being caused by lack of use for an extended period of time makes sense. My head is also twisted for the same reason, my left cylinder does not go into my head as much as my right, but in my case I can't feel any kink so I'm thinking I was likely just undersized.

I've followed up with my surgeon who insists that everything was placed properly and that everything is as it should be. He downplayed concerns about the tip discomfort, superficiality of the tips and the crookedness of the penis.

I will contact the patient liaison next week and I'll be sure to post about what they say. I am in the US, I just don't live close to any big implanters, so I'd have to fly out to see one. Not sure who yet, but I've heard very good things about Dr. Clavell and Dr. Hakky.

nerdynerd

Postby nerdynerd » Sat May 21, 2022 5:18 pm

Just a wild guess, but I wonder if during the time you didn't inflate that some encapsulation formed around the implant and is restricting it from fully deploying. A major reason why you are encouraged to inflate daily the first year is to break up that encapsulation. The surgeons you mentioned will certainly help you solve this problem.

Keep us posted!
Born 1956. Peyronies + venous leak. Implanted 12/12/23 Dr. Clavell penoscrotal. Proximal = 10cm, right distal = 12.5cm, left distal = 12cm due to Peyronies. 1 0.5cm RTE on the right. 125CC reservoir filled with 110ml saline. Titan OTR.

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Sun May 22, 2022 12:24 am

nerdynerd wrote:Just a wild guess, but I wonder if during the time you didn't inflate that some encapsulation formed around the implant and is restricting it from fully deploying. A major reason why you are encouraged to inflate daily the first year is to break up that encapsulation. The surgeons you mentioned will certainly help you solve this problem.

Keep us posted!

I inflated daily for 4-5 months. Eid was confident that daily inflation was not necessary past that part (I understand some surgeons direct for longer daily inflation timeframes). The kink or encapsulation or whatever it is did not occur until ~2+ years post implant, but I was using it very regularly up until then.

I do consider encapsulation as an option, but Eid also stated that was not possible during my virtual meeting. But, part of me thinks this is still possible. I should have an update very soon.

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Sun May 22, 2022 12:29 am

CardboardBox wrote:
Cnidium wrote:My tips feel fine. No irritation. The problem I'm having now is that the kink on the left side is causing the cylinder, and therefore tip, to be shorter than the right side. So my left tip doesnt quite go as far into my head as my right. This caused my head to veer off to the left slightly, not in a huge way, but definitely noticeable. I'm sure correcting the kink would correct the tip length.

Thanks for going into those details about the kink... very interesting, especially coming from a Titan-owner. Your theory about it being caused by lack of use for an extended period of time makes sense. My head is also twisted for the same reason, my left cylinder does not go into my head as much as my right, but in my case I can't feel any kink so I'm thinking I was likely just undersized.

I've followed up with my surgeon who insists that everything was placed properly and that everything is as it should be. He downplayed concerns about the tip discomfort, superficiality of the tips and the crookedness of the penis.

I will contact the patient liaison next week and I'll be sure to post about what they say. I am in the US, I just don't live close to any big implanters, so I'd have to fly out to see one. Not sure who yet, but I've heard very good things about Dr. Clavell and Dr. Hakky.

I can't wait to see what your patient liaison says. I may reach out to them too for another opinion. So I understand correctly - what is a patient liaison exactly (like a Titan rep?).

I absolutely understand the frustration of the surgeon telling you everything is fine. That is exactly what every doctor told me until i visited Eid, who was the only one who would give me an ultrasound. Eid was able to conclude immediately that I had severe venous leak from my peyronies. Thanks to Eid I can confidently say that the other doctors were bogus in their diagnosis and it wasn't all in my head.

Like you, I have to fly to see any of the main surgeons. I think you have some options as your next potential surgeons if you need to go that route. Hakky is going to be my backup just in case.

Return to “Implants”