Away We Go

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Satch13

Away We Go

Postby Satch13 » Tue May 10, 2022 11:28 am

Hello,

56 year old male with LRP ready to get implanted on 5/19 with Dr. Sawh in Palm Beach Gardens. Getting an AMS 700 and excited to enjoy my partner fully again soon.

What questions would you ask your surgeon? I have my final preop tomorrow with him.

Thanks in advance!!!!
56 year old implanted 5/19/22 with Sean Sawh, MD in Palm Beach Gardens. AMS700. Failed 9 months later. Dr. Perito revision 5/17/23.

Old Guy

Re: Away We Go

Postby Old Guy » Tue May 10, 2022 1:18 pm

Lots of questions to ask, size, healing, cycling, infection. Don't be shy with any questions because they have heard it all before. Main question is how many implants do they do annually? You want an experienced surgeon.
Look through posts here on FT too. There is so much good info here. Wish I would have found this site before my implant, not 5 months after.
Good Luck.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Tue May 10, 2022 5:02 pm

I assume at this point that you are committed and have vetted your surgeon.

My suggestion is that you are very clear on what to do in preparation for the surgery. I had instructions around cleaning and avoiding any cuts or scrapes, for example.

You should get instructions for care after the operation, but it wouldn't hurt to know ahead of time, so you can plan ahead. For example, you will want multiple pairs of loose-fitting sweat pants to wear for a while after surgery because your doctor will likely leave you partially inflated for a set period of time. For me it was two weeks.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

Satch13

Postby Satch13 » Tue May 10, 2022 5:36 pm

Thanks!!!

Have definitely vetted surgeon who says "it's my favorite procedure to do."

Buying baggy clothes this weekend, lol.

I am grower not a shower, any tips on length when I talk to him?

Thanks,

CP
56 year old implanted 5/19/22 with Sean Sawh, MD in Palm Beach Gardens. AMS700. Failed 9 months later. Dr. Perito revision 5/17/23.

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Tue May 10, 2022 8:32 pm

I was a grower, too. Now I'm a shower.

When I had my pre-op appointment, my surgeon did a stretch test and told me, "You're going to have a big dick." It's possible that was just for show and to massage my ego.

When you're out on the table and opened up, the doctor will stick a measuring device in your dick, and that's how he'll determine the size implant to give you.

If he's experienced and reputable, I feel confident he'll size you right. But remember, a limp dick, no matter what the size, is no good at all. After next week, you'll have the ability to have a hard on whenever you want in a minute or so that stays hard.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed May 11, 2022 8:06 am

Sounds like you picked a good surgeon. I was a grower, now I'm a shower. Sweats were my choice of wear after surgery, and I still wear sweats most days. I also found satin boxers were great for nighttime wear.
Length is the biggest issue. As mentioned, the surgeon will stick a tool into your penis after they have you ready to implant. Ask your surgeon to size to the largest length possible.
Nov. 8, 2019

Satch13

Postby Satch13 » Wed May 11, 2022 6:31 pm

Met with surgeon today, says he has done over 1000 of these and will be presenting at a Urology conference this weekend on implantation.

For anyone that has recovered,

Is a long drive in 5 weeks feasible?

Thanks!!

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Wed May 11, 2022 6:42 pm

Satch13 wrote:Met with surgeon today, says he has done over 1000 of these and will be presenting at a Urology conference this weekend on implantation.

For anyone that has recovered,

Is a long drive in 5 weeks feasible?

Thanks!!

I drove 250 miles 14 days after surgery. No problems other than my balls were a little bit sore, but that went away in a few short hours. At 5 weeks, you should be just fine.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

Satch13

Postby Satch13 » Tue May 17, 2022 5:25 pm

Two days out,

One last question. Have some residual pain from Trimix, glad that chapter is over. Has anyone had this and surgery wasn't an issue. It has gotten a lot better in the last two months since last shot.

Told surgeon and he said not to worry.

Thanks in advance again!!

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Tue May 17, 2022 5:48 pm

Satch13 wrote:Two days out,

One last question. Have some residual pain from Trimix, glad that chapter is over. Has anyone had this and surgery wasn't an issue. It has gotten a lot better in the last two months since last shot.

Told surgeon and he said not to worry.

Thanks in advance again!!

I was injecting before my implant. Although it was probably a year after my last injection until my surgery. I had no issues because of injecting, although the antibiotic impregnated on the Coloplast cylinders didn't like me.
Nov. 8, 2019

Return to “Implants”