Titan Curving to Left - Advice Appeciated (Pics included)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
AST2123

Re: Titan Curving to Left - Advice Appeciated (Pics included)

Postby AST2123 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:38 pm

Thanks, Cnidium for sharing this experience with us. It is a very interesting post, and I learned a lot from it. I also like the way you are handling it, getting second opinions from top-most surgeons, and would go for a revision only if it is a must.
The question about continuing cycling past 6-months or even a year of an implant didn't get a definitive answer by surgeons. So far, after about 18 months of my implant, I am trying to inflate at least one time a day. Sometimes, I miss a day or even 2, but I always try to keep on doing it for sex or only cycling.
Even if I didn't have peyronie's, I think it is important to not ignore cycling regularly.
Wish you very good luck!
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:47 pm

AST2123 wrote:Thanks, Cnidium for sharing this experience with us. It is a very interesting post, and I learned a lot from it. I also like the way you are handling it, getting second opinions from top-most surgeons, and would go for a revision only if it is a must.
The question about continuing cycling past 6-months or even a year of an implant didn't get a definitive answer by surgeons. So far, after about 18 months of my implant, I am trying to inflate at least one time a day. Sometimes, I miss a day or even 2, but I always try to keep on doing it for sex or only cycling.
Even if I didn't have peyronie's, I think it is important to not ignore cycling regularly.
Wish you very good luck!

Thank you. I'm sure missing a day or 2 would be fine, but not 3 months like I did. When I reflect on what I was thinking at the time, I think the mental trap I fell into was "ok now I have an implant and have done the post-surgery cycling, now I don't have to do anything more" - lesson learned.

And it is unfortunate there isn't more of a consensus among the surgeons. I am more inclined to trust Hakky on this one because of his more recent involvement in research and it appears he handles more scarring revisions (but this is just my guess).
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:00 am

Learning always comes at a cost but let us hope it will be resolved easily without a need for a revision.
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:21 pm

It's really funny how things can be the same yet so very different. I have severe peyronies scarring lost 1 5/8 inch but was perfectly straight. Then I got my implant and when deflated am bent to the left. But perfectly straight when fully inflated. Exactly opposite from you. When l complained to my doc he reached down bent me straight and said there you're straight. A CAT scan showed that I have distal crossover
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:49 pm

DougAnd wrote:It's really funny how things can be the same yet so very different. I have severe peyronies scarring lost 1 5/8 inch but was perfectly straight. Then I got my implant and when deflated am bent to the left. But perfectly straight when fully inflated. Exactly opposite from you. When l complained to my doc he reached down bent me straight and said there you're straight. A CAT scan showed that I have distal crossover

Agreed. You can have a single type of symptom that is caused by many different types of underlying problems, or you can a single underlying problem manifest itself as a multitude of symptoms. This is why I firmly believe in trying to find the best surgeons. They will, as best as possible, remove as much as the guess work as possible.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

nuance

Postby nuance » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:23 pm

DougAnd wrote:It's really funny how things can be the same yet so very different. I have severe peyronies scarring lost 1 5/8 inch but was perfectly straight. Then I got my implant and when deflated am bent to the left. But perfectly straight when fully inflated. Exactly opposite from you. When l complained to my doc he reached down bent me straight and said there you're straight. A CAT scan showed that I have distal crossover

Is distal crossover the reason why its bend to the left when deflated? Did you get it fixed?

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:28 am

Do the tubes cross over or the cylinders? And does this have any effect on your implant or its usage?
Finally Bionic

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:15 pm

Distal crossover is why I'm bent to the left but there may be more to it. It may have been a Miss measurement on top of it. I didn't get it fixed because it takes like three operations to do that. They have to rebuild your penis I believe we have some pictures on here of one brother who had his fixed. So basically my cylinders are not inside of my inflatable Chambers. The right one especially it's just under the skin. So it's possible but eventually it might wear through the skin. It doesn't really affect anything I can still inflate and deflate normally. But one doctor told me that until I got it fixed it was a dangerous condition so that's just something I have to live with.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

nuance

Postby nuance » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:21 pm

DougAnd wrote:Distal crossover is why I'm bent to the left but there may be more to it. It may have been a Miss measurement on top of it. I didn't get it fixed because it takes like three operations to do that. They have to rebuild your penis I believe we have some pictures on here of one brother who had his fixed. So basically my cylinders are not inside of my inflatable Chambers. The right one especially it's just under the skin. So it's possible but eventually it might wear through the skin. It doesn't really affect anything I can still inflate and deflate normally. But one doctor told me that until I got it fixed it was a dangerous condition so that's just something I have to live with.

That's unfortunate, has it been this way from the start (right after implant) of did the cylinders migrate over time? I've heard multiple doctors say it could be dangerous so might want to get it fixed when you get the implant replaced.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:31 pm

I've been looking around for years for a surgeon that I can trust to do the job. I found some good ones but just can't bring myself to do a complete rebuild. I would lose at least an inch and have to go through restretching all over again. And yes this is what I came home with my first surgery the doctor completely blew it off it took me several months to find
the right doctor he recognized it immediately had me do a CAT scan to confirm it that it was distal crossover he said that he sees this commonly with less experienced surgeon

Return to “Implants”