Titan Curving to Left - Advice Appeciated (Pics included)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougAnd

Re: Titan Curving to Left - Advice Appeciated (Pics included)

Postby DougAnd » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:54 pm

Cnidium wrote:Quick update:

As I mentioned before, while inflating and up to about the 20th pump, the left cylinder wont inflate. After the 20th pump it does inflate and mostly catches up to the right cylinder.

Last night I discovered a "knot" in my left cylinder right up against my abdomen. This is knot is the cylinder and not my actual tissue.

I squeezed this knot to try to flatten it, and as I did so, it kind of "popped" (didnt actually pop), and it appears that the built up saline that was trying to make its way into my left cylinder now was able to and the left cylinder filled out a bunch.

Now, this didn't fix my issue at all, I still have a dent/curvature and the left cylinder doesnt go as far into my glans as my right. However, it was very interesting to see this happen, and it makes me think that this is in fact a kink and not my peyronies flaring up again (although i understand both could be happening at the same time).

I tried this again this morning. Same thing. Pumped up a bunch, squeezed the not flat, and the left cylinder filled with backed up saline.

Would love to hear to hear opinions on this. Either way, Hakky update incoming next weak.

It does sound from your description as if you might have some kind of a tubing kink problem. That would especially be true if when you're fully deflated you're not crooked. I know my cylinders are wonky I saw it on a CAT scan. So when I'm fully deflated I'm very crooked but when I'm fully inflated except for my g l a n s I'm perfectly straight
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:21 pm

DougAnd wrote:
Cnidium wrote:Quick update:

As I mentioned before, while inflating and up to about the 20th pump, the left cylinder wont inflate. After the 20th pump it does inflate and mostly catches up to the right cylinder.

Last night I discovered a "knot" in my left cylinder right up against my abdomen. This is knot is the cylinder and not my actual tissue.

I squeezed this knot to try to flatten it, and as I did so, it kind of "popped" (didnt actually pop), and it appears that the built up saline that was trying to make its way into my left cylinder now was able to and the left cylinder filled out a bunch.

Now, this didn't fix my issue at all, I still have a dent/curvature and the left cylinder doesnt go as far into my glans as my right. However, it was very interesting to see this happen, and it makes me think that this is in fact a kink and not my peyronies flaring up again (although i understand both could be happening at the same time).

I tried this again this morning. Same thing. Pumped up a bunch, squeezed the not flat, and the left cylinder filled with backed up saline.

Would love to hear to hear opinions on this. Either way, Hakky update incoming next weak.

It does sound from your description as if you might have some kind of a tubing kink problem. That would especially be true if when you're fully deflated you're not crooked. I know my cylinders are wonky I saw it on a CAT scan. So when I'm fully deflated I'm very crooked but when I'm fully inflated except for my g l a n s I'm perfectly straight

Regardless of being inflated or deflated my tips are different lengths. In my deflated state the left cylinder looks more constricted that the right, which can be seen in my original pictures (i think the last pic). The only time I achieve a straight dick is when I hit the deflate button but I dont squeeze my dick to deflate all the way. For some weird reason when it goes down to half-deflated on its own, thats when my dick is straight. Very strange lol.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

Masonjames

Postby Masonjames » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:18 pm

Cnidium wrote:
Masonjames wrote:
Not trying to minimize your concerns but there are thousands of men out there that would love to have a dick that big that looked that good.

Hey I absolutely understand what you are saying. The 2 big concerns for me are 1. will this keep deteriorating, and 2. A potential risk of my right cylinder tip (which is now in the "center" of my dick because my dick curves to the left) poking my future partners during sex. My glans can be easily pushed to the left now exposing the right tip, but I'm not 100% sure if this would happen during sex or not (it didnt with my last partner but she is tall).

Since I have been cycling daily now, I have noticed that my right tip is protruding even further than my left. It makes me think that daily cycling has expanded my natural tissues and my right cylinder can expand with it, but something is constricting the left.

I am still very thankful for the implant and I have enjoyed everything I have been able to do with it. However, I want to make sure I correct any potential problems before they develop into something potentially worse.

For sure. They can fail for sure but I'd tell my surgeon your concerns and ask him what he thinks is going on. I know my right cylinder is shorter than my left one. The left one goes almost to the tip of my glands but right one is just at he rim of my head. Hasn't caused any problems. Think we both got a good results as far as appearance goes. Mine works great too and it sounds like yours does
70 year old, Married 53 years with two adult children.
Tried pills, herbs, and Trimix. Implanted by Dr. Hakky , in Atlanta, on the 1st, of September. Titan XL 24cm's with two 1.5cm"s RTE"s

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:04 pm

Masonjames wrote:
For sure. They can fail for sure but I'd tell my surgeon your concerns and ask him what he thinks is going on. I know my right cylinder is shorter than my left one. The left one goes almost to the tip of my glands but right one is just at he rim of my head. Hasn't caused any problems. Think we both got a good results as far as appearance goes. Mine works great too and it sounds like yours does

And me not going forward with a revision is a very a real option here. If Hakky and Cardone both say its a no go, then thats where I draw the line with pursuing a revision. I discussed this with Eid and he thought this is mostly a cosmetic issue but thought I should get a second opinion from Cardone.

I see Hakky next week and Cardone early August.

Heres from another angle. It is curving a lot where as the first few years it was perfectly straight.

My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

AverageBloke

Postby AverageBloke » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:43 pm

Hey Cnidium, I believe if their was an issue with the implant cylinders … Dr Eid would’ve diagnosed that. The reason he referred you to Dr Billy Cordon is because he has an idea that it is scar tissue on the tunica. Dr Eid doesn’t often do any work to scar tissue/plaque on the tunica because it increases his surgery time and infection risk.

Also, I just read that your left cylinder feels constricted when deflated. The only possible reason for this would be narrowing on the left side due to scar tissue on the tunica.

Why listen to me? I have Peyronie’s disease with multiple plaques. An implant alone does not get rid of scarring on the tunica.

You will obviously need imaging done to confirm this…

Just my 2 cents
Peyronie's Disease
Titan Touch 22cm - Dr Clavell 06/04/22

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:20 pm

AverageBloke wrote:Hey Cnidium, I believe if their was an issue with the implant cylinders … Dr Eid would’ve diagnosed that. The reason he referred you to Dr Billy Cordon is because he has an idea that it is scar tissue on the tunica. Dr Eid doesn’t often do any work to scar tissue/plaque on the tunica because it increases his surgery time and infection risk.

Also, I just read that your left cylinder feels constricted when deflated. The only possible reason for this would be narrowing on the left side due to scar tissue on the tunica.

Why listen to me? I have Peyronie’s disease with multiple plaques. An implant alone does not get rid of scarring on the tunica.

You will obviously need imaging done to confirm this…

Just my 2 cents

Hey I really appreciate the input. There is a good chance you are correct, especially as I had peyronies scarring in that area pre-implant.

How has your post-op life been?

AverageBloke

Postby AverageBloke » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:37 pm

Allgood brother.

I’ll send you a PM when I get a chance.
Peyronie's Disease
Titan Touch 22cm - Dr Clavell 06/04/22

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:14 pm

Masonjames wrote:For sure. They can fail for sure but I'd tell my surgeon your concerns and ask him what he thinks is going on. I know my right cylinder is shorter than my left one. The left one goes almost to the tip of my glands but right one is just at he rim of my head. Hasn't caused any problems. Think we both got a good results as far as appearance goes. Mine works great too and it sounds like yours does

Hey I received your PM asking if I received your initial PM. I did not, however, ever receive your initial PM. To answer to your question, yes - send me anything.

I have noticed that many of my PMs get stuck in "Outbox" and never make their way into the "Sent messages" folder. I am pretty sure that my PM replies to you got stuck in "outbox". I'm not sure what causes this, and it seems like a bug. There are other uses on this site who I have PM'd and the message just gets stuck in "Outbox".

Masonjames

Postby Masonjames » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:58 am

I figured something like that occurred
70 year old, Married 53 years with two adult children.
Tried pills, herbs, and Trimix. Implanted by Dr. Hakky , in Atlanta, on the 1st, of September. Titan XL 24cm's with two 1.5cm"s RTE"s

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:27 pm

Update after visiting Dr. Hakky:

Hakky believes that the likely cause of the curvature if a recurrence of p\eyronie's scarring, with a smaller possibility of it being a kink in the cylinder. Given that is occurring in the same exact spot as my peyronie's before my implant surgery, the probability is in favor of scarring coming back.

Major lesson from Hakky: He believes that implantees should continue to cycle daily, even after the initial ~4 months post opp. He thinks this will absolutely prevent an scarring from coming back in the Tunica, or at least the scarring from coming back in a way that causes constriction of the cylinders. This is very different from Eid's advice, which, back in 2017, was that one could forgo daily cycling after the first 4 months post-opp of daily cycling. In fact, in 2020, I called him when I saw the curvature first coming back and he said that there is no way that is going to happen with the titan. Well, it did in fact come back, and I have to agree with Hakky on this one. This doesn't mean that there is a 100% that daily cycling would have prevented this, but my gut thinks so. Hakky recommended pumping it up 30 mins per day if possible, or at least just pumping it up to full even if its just for a minute. I am going take his advice moving forward.

Next steps and VED: Hakky recommended that I try VED for 10 mins per day while fully inflated each day for 8 weeks. He presented a ton of research (which has also been posted on FT), showing the benefits of VED, and in his experience it is a great things for implantees. He thinks there is a good chance that the VED will stretch out the constricted tunica scarring that is causing my curvature. If it doesn't, the a revision can easily be done. I will also be getting a 2nd opinion from Dr. Clavell (originally was going to see Dr. Cardone). I am switching to Clavell for the 2nd opinion because Hakky has consulted with him before, and because Clavell has a ton of patients on this forum reporting good results. Lastly, Hakky wants me to get an MRI done so he can see exactly what is going on in there. He has an affiliated clinic that he sends his patients to, and I am going to schedule that tomorrow.

The revision: Hakky said that, if his guess is correct that the curvature is caused by scarring, then he would likely use auxetic cuts on the scarred area to expand it. This seems to be in-line with the most recent research floating around FT. The MRI results will let him know exactly what needs to be done. If its the cylinder kinked, then a replacement will be done instead.

Minimizing infection: Hakky also uses the no-touch technique developed by Eid. He also has installed this giant medical-grade air decontaminator in the surgery room, among other things. As expected, I believe Hakky will minimize the chance of infection as well as anyone.

Conclusion: I think the biggest take away is that for guys like me, who had peyronie's before getting an implant, you need to cycle and possibly VED regularly to make sure everything stays in check. I'm not blaming Eid for not giving me this information, as I recognize that I may just be an odd case. After my surgery in 2017, I was really hoping that I would not need to play with my dick on a daily basis. Don't give me wrong, I love sex, but I never masturbate and, being that I am young, I would rather apply my time towards more productive endeavors that cycling my implant daily. However, the reality is that, given my situation, daily cycling/VED appears to be the most logical thing to do, regardless if I want to do it or not. In fact, I want to do what makes the most sense, so I am absolutely going to follow Hakky's advice here.

I was very impressed with Hakky, especially with how involved he is with developing research, working with Coloplast, and the fact that he knows many of the FT members here personally. If for some reason I couldnt get a second opinion from Clavell, I would still be more than happy to move forward with a revision with Hakky.

Lets see how VED goes over the next 8 weeks and the results of the MRI. At the end of 8 weeks, I will either need a revision or I wont. Either way, the solution will be found.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Return to “Implants”