Tips to Maximize Lifespan of Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
username_taken29

Re: Tips to Maximize Lifespan of Implant

Postby username_taken29 » Sun May 08, 2022 10:36 pm

SW0110 wrote:Seriously. Use it till it breaks. Get it fixed. Use it till it breaks. Get it fixed.

Very simple answer.

Haha nice....I like that mindset!

Pamen116

Postby Pamen116 » Sun May 08, 2022 11:23 pm

FMLFML85 wrote:Basically it’s like pressing the window button in your car. There’s only so many times that windows gonna come back up. Jk

Bro lmao- what a accurate metaphor.
30 yrs old. Current IPP failed in 2022. Waiting revision. No insurance. I’ve had both Titan & AMS.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon May 09, 2022 2:12 am

username_taken29 wrote:
SW0110 wrote:Seriously. Use it till it breaks. Get it fixed. Use it till it breaks. Get it fixed.
Very simple answer.

I guess you should look at it like a car. They all need maintenance & eventually wear out. As hard as it might be to get it thru our thick skulls. The best & most practical path is to try to out live your implant. Thus you know that you might need a new one some day & just grit your teeth & plan for the day it fails. If it you die first then I guess you could say that you won the bet. You'll look pretty good at your funeral with that big silly smile. We worry too much. Might be a side effect of ED. We got into the habit of worrying about "failing this time".
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

username_taken29

Postby username_taken29 » Mon May 09, 2022 7:42 am

Gt1956 wrote:
username_taken29 wrote:
Very simple answer.

I guess you should look at it like a car. They all need maintenance & eventually wear out. As hard as it might be to get it thru our thick skulls. The best & most practical path is to try to out live your implant. Thus you know that you might need a new one some day & just grit your teeth & plan for the day it fails. If it you die first then I guess you could say that you won the bet. You'll look pretty good at your funeral with that big silly smile. We worry too much. Might be a side effect of ED. We got into the habit of worrying about "failing this time".

Lol yah I hear you....I guess i was just wondering if there were some obvious things that would ruin the lifespan (like squats, sleeping face down, etc)...but I'm probably overthinking it like you said. Thanks guys

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Mon May 09, 2022 8:58 am

Or you could try my approach - get the implant, never use it - not a single time, inflate it maybe twice a year if it occurs to you. I did this, and after 12 years it quit working.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Mon May 09, 2022 10:05 am

Since y’all are comparing an implant to a car or in my case a truck …. I bought a 2014 ram in 2015 with low mikes. I’ve ran it hard, easy, and at times abused it pretty bad! Now it’s got 125,000 miles on the clock I’ve had it 7 years,and still runs like a sewing machine. If this implant I’m getting next week on the 18th give me that kind of service I’ll be very happy with it!!!
Of course I’ve done a lot of general Mai on the truck over the years, so I’ll do what the Dr recommends, try not to abuse it too much… do the proper exercises with it and hopefully it’ll last a long time. But as with the truck.. if it blows the motor up in the future I’ll either repair it or replace it, whatever works best and go on down the road with a newer more modern version of the one I’m using now! Stay strong and keep fighting the good fight.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Return to “Implants”