I think I have an infection. Your thoughts?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TB0711

I think I have an infection. Your thoughts?

Postby TB0711 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:05 am

I got the implant done on the 5th. My surgeon/urologist took my staples out on the 12th. Ever since last Tuesday, I’ve been bleeding dark watery blood in one of the staple spots that refuse to completely heal. The liquid came from one hole where my staples were that didn't properly heal I guess. To this day, I still have to dress this area multiple times daily as it get messy. It was to the point I went to the ER and they called my urologist and he told them a single staple should stop the bleeding. It didn’t though, it just slowed the bleeding if anything. That same day the ER I decided to talk a test for infection. I can't remember the name of the process but they used warm IV fluids and a machine to and determined if it was an infection. It can out negative of no infection or (no standing liquid..)

A couple days ago, I woke up in a pool of this red watery, scentless liquid. Look likeninpee on myself, but my soaking gauze assured me I didn't. I was concerned and visited his office and he told me it’s old blood that’s leaving the body and nothing to be worried about.

Here are a few more things that make me believe something isn't quite right:

1.I’ve noticed that when I pee sometimes my penis have an urge to stop in a twitch like motion and I have to try to pee again.

2. My pee seems to be a bit darker these last couple of days.

3, When I pump up my penis and deflate it within a half an hour to a few hours more liquid comes out of the stitch hole like there's a leak or something.

This whole recovery process has been a mess because I had to always clean up my womb area. The only thing that gives me hope is my surgeon/urologist telling me that I’m okay and this is part of the healing process, but it just seems more and more unlikely.

EDIT: A few stitches fixed the issue.
Last edited by TB0711 on Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
30yr, Implanted 04/05/22 w/ Titan by Dr.Taj. ED caused by week-long priapism in 2019.

Wiggles123

Re: I think I have an infection. Your thoughts?

Postby Wiggles123 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:38 am

Hi. This happened to me and it turned out that there was an issue with how the doctor did the implantation in a way that led to a hematoma forming. I went thru what you are dealing with, and the infection was found to be encapsulated, so the device had to be removed. Once removed and the infection cleaned up, I had to heal completely before re-implantation could be done.

I had to change doctors to get this resolved. Dr Ryan Terlecki in Winston-Salem understood my problem as soon as I was seen in his office and I am now 1 month into my new implant. This man is one of the best!!!!!!!!!
AMS700 CX 21cm with 3 RTE 4-2019 by Dr Natale - failed 5-2021. Revision 6-2021 with issue (scrotal hematoma and infection). Dr. Ryan Terlecki revision 3-28-2022 (AMS700 CX 21cm with 1.5cm RTE). Cylinder failure at 18 months. 24cm AMS700 CX 11-29-2023.

Jonarr

Postby Jonarr » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:57 am

I sympathise with your situation my friend this journey is stressful enough without complications. Whilst I am inclined to trust the doctors opinion who has examined you and undertaken tests, I think the only way you can set your mind at ease would be a second opinion from an expert (as no doctor is infallible and unfortunately it does seem a minority try to justify their mistakes, although in your situation I can’t imagine what your doctor would gain by not giving you a completely honest opinion). There are many highly recommended physicians on this platform, to set your mind at ease it might be worth scheduling an online appointment with one of them. Best of luck and here’s hoping this is just part of the healing as your doctor says
Implant 10 August 2021
Age 56
North Yorkshire UK
NHS patient
Zephyr implant

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:49 am

Sorry to hear that you are having problems after the implant. Dr. Tajkarimi, if he is the one who did your implant, is one of the reputable surgeons in this field. I am not a doctor, but not sure if he is addressing this issue properly. It makes no sense to have still bleeding from a suture.
Also, I didn't see another member who has the clips for suturing the wound. Could you tell in which area is it? Was it penoscrotal or infrapubic? Or is it where the reservoir is placed?
I hope no infection is there, and everything goes well with you.
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

TB0711

Postby TB0711 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:00 pm

Wiggles123 wrote:Hi. This happened to me and it turned out that there was an issue with how the doctor did the implantation in a way that led to a hematoma forming. I went thru what you are dealing with, and the infection was found to be encapsulated, so the device had to be removed. Once removed and the infection cleaned up, I had to heal completely before re-implantation could be done.

First of all thanks for the reply. I'm happy that I finally found someone that knows what I'm going through; I've done a lot of searching before this post. The word hematoma describes exactly what I think is wrong. I feel that after he took the blood pump away that I still had internal bleeding. It was to the point that my pubic area was a bit puffy. After that day I woke up in a pool of that fluid (that was similar to what was in the blood pump) it seems like my pubic size went down a bunch. these last couple of days there have been less and less of this fluid so I'm a bit hopeful that my doc was correct about it not being an infection just old blood trying to come out.

AST2123 wrote:Sorry to hear that you are having problems after the implant. Dr. Tajkarimi, if he is the one who did your implant, is one of the reputable surgeons in this field. I am not a doctor, but not sure if he is addressing this issue properly. It makes no sense to have still bleeding from a suture.
Also, I didn't see another member who has the clips for suturing the wound. Could you tell me in which area is it? Was it penoscrotal or infrapubic? Or is it where the reservoir is placed?
I hope no infection is there, and everything goes well with you.
I did my research on Taj for a while and I agree that's why I trust his words. I don't think its blood at this point as it's scentless and watery. I do feel maybe it's just excess blood trapped in my body and slowing draining out. This is me being hopeful. It was infrapubic.

Jonarr wrote:Best of luck and here’s hoping this is just part of the healing as your doctor says
Thank you so so so much. I hope all this is really what my doc says it is. Like there's not much swelling, there's no real pain, and besides the liquid running out of me everything seems kinda normal. I don’t really expect things to be completely healed within the first month. Again just hopeful though.
30yr, Implanted 04/05/22 w/ Titan by Dr.Taj. ED caused by week-long priapism in 2019.

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:50 pm

I am glad it is figured out. Just keep watching it. Infection would have other symptoms like fever or burning sensation at the surgery area.
Wish you a quick recovery.
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:13 pm

Let me chime in here:).
Just in case, document!

I learned the hard way, no pun, that I should have taken pics of my balls when it blew up to the size of a grapefruit!
I got an infection, but my infection had no symptoms per se. No bleeding, no aching, no pain. The balls blew up on a weekend, so I could not prove that when I went back to the Dr. that following Monday (in a panic).
BTW, you are pumping already???

I, too, am glad you found out what was going on and you can paint a picture of it to the Dr.
It wasn't until Dr. wanted to get me pumping that he held pump in his hand, ready to pump it, and pretty sure any patients that were in the clinic got an earful of me telling Dr. that it was not going to happen (that was being professional, lol) because I actually yelled at him and held his hand to stop him from trying to pump.
It was only that that he referred me to his colleague that they said I was infected.
$90K later, I have a Legacy Titan Pump and can fuck without fail, as my signature says. :lol:
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Wiggles123

Postby Wiggles123 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:21 pm

My issue was that the infection was encased in a cyst, so no infection symptoms like fever, etc. The cyst was so inflamed that the external tissues around it were producing clear to pinkish fluid that continued to build (and leak) until the site was reopened and the mass removed. The mass had no internal blood flow, so the infection was just isolated in the cyst. Because ANY infection in the surgical site was found, all aspects of the implant had to be removed and time allowed to completely heal. 3 months later the implant operation was redone (so technically my 3rd implant.

Once the infection was removed the seepage stopped and after the implant was re-put back in I have had no issues at all. Old Dr that handled the botched first 2 implants was Dr Richard Natale. The amazing Urologist that solved the mystery (that Dr. Natale could not resolve) is Dr. Ryan Terlecki of Wake Forest Univ and Wake Health Care. I travel 90 minutes to see him, and the drive is worth every minute. Dr. Terlecki is an amazing physician that excels in the field of penile implants (and his specialty is correcting other doctors mistakes).
AMS700 CX 21cm with 3 RTE 4-2019 by Dr Natale - failed 5-2021. Revision 6-2021 with issue (scrotal hematoma and infection). Dr. Ryan Terlecki revision 3-28-2022 (AMS700 CX 21cm with 1.5cm RTE). Cylinder failure at 18 months. 24cm AMS700 CX 11-29-2023.

TB0711

Postby TB0711 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:31 pm

Agfa13 wrote:Let me chime in here:).
Just in case, document!
I got an infection, but my infection had no symptoms per se. No bleeding, no aching, no pain. The balls blew up on a weekend.

BTW, you are pumping already???

Dr. wanted to get me pumping that he held pump in his hand, ready to pump it, and pretty sure any patients that were in the clinic got an earful of me telling Dr. that it was not going to happen (that was being professional, lol) because I actually yelled at him and held his hand to stop him from trying to pump.

Yeah, I started pumping.

You had pain as he pumped it?

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:42 pm

Yep!
As soon as he tried to squeeze the pump, I started wincing, escalating to groaning, then yelling, and that is when I reached down and held his wrist and told him to stop (or something to that effect). This is when he accepted that his surgery did not go as planned and he had to refer me to a more experience colleague about 17 mi. down that road here in Maryland.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Return to “Implants”