Reservoir placement

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Rider1400

Reservoir placement

Postby Rider1400 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:41 am

Schedule for implant on May 18th, at initial visit I explained to Dr Wierschem that I had double hernia repair with mesh. He told me he would place the reservoir between the muscle and another layer in my abdomen and that I would likely have a very slight but probably noticeable bulge where the placement would be. Also said he would use a pancake type reservoir to minimalize the bulge. First question is do any of you have this type placement and does it fall where your belt line on your pants and does it bother you by having pressure on it if it does fall where the belt goes… I’ll definitely discuss this with the Dr prior to surgery but asking for first hand experience
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Bailey

Re: Reservoir placement

Postby Bailey » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:23 am

I had a double hernia with mesh on my right side in the groin area several years ago. I told my surgeon about that, and he said no problem I will put the reservoir on your left side. I had my implant 3 years ago, and I have had absolutely no issues with it’s placement. I can’t even tell it’s in there. Good luck, Bailey
77 yo with ED for over 20 years.Tried everything, & found injections were the only thing that worked.I am so grateful for FT. Was implanted 6/18/19 with a 18cm AMS LGX w 3.0cm RTE,100ml reservoir, infrapubic procedure by Dr. Richard Roach, “Bailey”

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:17 pm

Remember, you can always switch to suspenders.

Despite the levity of my initial sentence, I feel for your situation. Your belt squeezing on the reservoir may cause auto-inflation (inflation of the implant without you pumping up) which could be troubling. Choosing a pump with a good lockout valve would help reduce the potential for auto-inflation.

Do discuss with your surgeon. Ask if this situation has come up before and what is the full range of options from which you two could choose.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:54 pm

Dr Wierschem is a pretty high volume implanter(150-175 year) and he has done this process many times with hernia repair. Said he would feel around and see if he could find a place to put it thru into the abdomen but likely would place in position I mentioned earlier. And yes my concern would be auto inflation but assume he would consider that in placement as I have double hernia repair and said both sides have mesh. Just overthinking it but as the day gets closer I get more and more anxious to put this ED behind me for ever!
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Return to “Implants”