size prediction for extreme growers with VL?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
nerdynerd

size prediction for extreme growers with VL?

Postby nerdynerd » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:39 pm

First, I want to thank all of the kind folks who have contributed to FT. There is a wealth of information here that you won't find elsewhere.

I have always been what I call an "extreme grower", going from a couple of inches (or less!) flaccid to 6+ erect before ED. I developed PD (about 30 degrees left) after injections and have a confirmed VL. I started VED therapy a few weeks ago in anticipation of getting an IPP. After about 20 minutes of cyclical vacumming I can stretch to from 6.5 to 6.75 in length, but it does take every one of those 20-25 minutes. I've always have good girth and can almost fill the VED tube width-wise after this period. The VED result matches what I had pre-ED except for a small amount due to curvature caused by the PD, so I'd be thrilled to get close to this result with a Titan.

Hand-stretched with no VED I'm about 5" bone-pressed and not much girth.

My urologist injected me with Trimix for the ultrasound. After 15 minutes there was no effect - I was still flaccid. They performed the ultrasound, confirmed the existence of the VL and that no plaque was found. Another 15 minutes later I had some engorgement but not what you would call a true erection, so it takes a while for me to react. I'm not surprised that it didn't work - when alprostadil injections did work I had to use an entire cc in order to get an erection.

One of the ways he sizes his patients is to inject a saline solution to induce an erection. Based on my ultrasound experience, there's a good chance that this won't work and he'll have to rely on the hand-stretched method that will result in a 5-inch maximum even though the VED result indicates that I'm capable of much more.

Has anyone been incapable of getting an induced erection during surgery? Did they then use the hand-stretched length to size you?

Is the VED size a reasonable expectation for the IPP result in a grower like me?

I know it's not reasonable to expect pre-ED measurements, but I'm worried that I'll be undersized due to my VL and inability to provide the surgeon with the best I can do.

Thanks.
nn

Gt1956

Re: size prediction for extreme growers with VL?

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:10 pm

Spend some time on YouTube to learn the real way that you'll be sized for your implant. Pretty much any measuring done without you sedated & cut open is only guessing.
Sorry to tell you like this but that is the way it is done.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:40 pm

Gt1956 wrote:Spend some time on YouTube to learn the real way that you'll be sized for your implant. Pretty much any measuring done without you sedated & cut open is only guessing.
Sorry to tell you like this but that is the way it is done.

Absolutely correct Gt1956. My surgeon guessed what size I would be, and what size implant would go in, but he stressed it was a rough estimate, and until he got me into surgery, no exact measuring or calculations could be made. I watched numerous YouTube videos before surgery, which both scared me and informed me before going under the knife. A qualified surgeon is not going to make any firm predictions about your size prior to surgery.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

nerdynerd

Postby nerdynerd » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:54 pm

Thanks, Gt1956 and SteveSW. I too have watched several YouTube videos multiple times like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It6GNdzrkHM

I'll just keep pumping and hope for the best.

I'll have to ask my surgeon if he's ever had a patient who didn't respond to TriMix prior to surgery and also didn't respond to the saline injection during the procedure. That would not be a good outcome.

I was wondering if anyone here had that happen.
Born 1956. Peyronies + venous leak. Implanted 12/12/23 Dr. Clavell penoscrotal. Proximal = 10cm, right distal = 12.5cm, left distal = 12cm due to Peyronies. 1 0.5cm RTE on the right. 125CC reservoir filled with 110ml saline. Titan OTR.

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:34 pm

nerdynerd wrote:Thanks, Gt1956 and SteveSW. I too have watched several YouTube videos multiple times like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It6GNdzrkHM

I'll just keep pumping and hope for the best.

I'll have to ask my surgeon if he's ever had a patient who didn't respond to TriMix prior to surgery and also didn't respond to the saline injection during the procedure. That would not be a good outcome.

I was wondering if anyone here had that happen.

Neither of those events would impact the size or successful outcome of the implant.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:41 pm

Btw, I'm pretty sure the saline test is actually put into the implants. So everyone will respond. If not then there is a problem with the implant.
Also, men that have finally failed at trimix are commonly implanted. Because......it quit working.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

vajim1

Postby vajim1 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:08 am

For me my Ved length was close to 8" but an erection prior and after implant is 7.25",
So that may help you determine what you may end up with.
76 year old fart. Prostate removed Oct. 9, 2017,Psa 30 days after .15 next Psa .2. 37 Radiation treatments for recurrent cancer, 1 year out Psa .033 ZERO ERECTIONS, implanted Sept 5 2019 Dr. Lentz Duke Raleigh N.C. Titan 22cm.

nerdynerd

Postby nerdynerd » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:19 am

Gt1956 wrote:Btw, I'm pretty sure the saline test is actually put into the implants. So everyone will respond. If not then there is a problem with the implant.
Also, men that have finally failed at trimix are commonly implanted. Because......it quit working.

I watched the video several times, especially the part where and when the saline injection is placed. It's done before the incision is made and placed on the top side of the penis, looks like just below the glans, to get the erection. I'll just have to hope for the best.

Thanks, Gt1956.
Born 1956. Peyronies + venous leak. Implanted 12/12/23 Dr. Clavell penoscrotal. Proximal = 10cm, right distal = 12.5cm, left distal = 12cm due to Peyronies. 1 0.5cm RTE on the right. 125CC reservoir filled with 110ml saline. Titan OTR.

nerdynerd

Postby nerdynerd » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:24 am

vajim1 wrote:For me my Ved length was close to 8" but an erection prior and after implant is 7.25",
So that may help you determine what you may end up with.

Ah, that's great information, vajim1. Sounds like you were sized properly.

Thanks!

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:31 pm

nerdynerd wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:Btw, I'm pretty sure the saline test is actually put into the implants. So everyone will respond. If not then there is a problem with the implant.

I watched the video several times, especially the part where and when the saline injection is placed. It's done before the incision is made and placed on the top side of the penis, looks like just below the glans, to get the erection. I'll just have to hope for the best.
Thanks, Gt1956.

Could be, I haven't watched that video. But I've seen numerous videos that fairly clearly show the implant being inflated before the final stitches are placed.
For what little it may be worth to you. The AMS manual clearly shows the sizing being done with a special tool & goes on to show an example of adding the figures in order to select the implant size.
I know that some members think telling their doctor how huge they are/were or giving their VED size helps. But I've watched nearly all of Kramers videos, that I hear that he has deleted. Plus many other doctors videos. My description is how its done. Patients clams are politely ignored.

Return to “Implants”