Coloplast Titan versus AMS 700

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
riseagain

Coloplast Titan versus AMS 700

Postby riseagain » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:58 am

I've made the decision to do the implant, and wanted to hear from those that have one of these. Pro and cons etc. Maybe from some that have both at one time. I'm reading about dog ears, flat appearance, oval and just overall satisfaction. Any input would be helpful.
65 yrs old. Married 38 years to an awesome wife. Implanted on 8/4/2022 Titan 24cm XL. Dr Hakky. Loving the implant so far.

riseagain

Re: Coloplast Titan versus AMS 700

Postby riseagain » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:08 am

OK, someone out there could offer some advise about this. what was your decision on which type to go with . Really would like to know.
65 yrs old. Married 38 years to an awesome wife. Implanted on 8/4/2022 Titan 24cm XL. Dr Hakky. Loving the implant so far.

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:18 pm

Some of what determines the model of implant put in is your own physiology, and sometimes your surgeon's preference. For example, in my case, my Peyronie's plaque had grown very large and was constricting the corpus cavernosum limiting the options to the point that the AMS CX was all he could get in. It works incredibly well, straightened out the curve and I could not be happier. FWIW.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:44 pm

Love my Coloplast Titan. I had no say, the surgeon decided that was the best for me. It does make my erection a little flatter than my natural years ago erection, but it gets hard!
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:41 pm

It has been written that AMS commands the majority of the devices implanted. There are a number of reasons for using the different available devices. For straightening severe curvature the Titan is best because it is the stiffest. The Titan is also available in larger sizes for men with large size. As the larger the size requires more stiffness. The CX is the next stiffest and is used for moderate curvatures and and a bit larger than average. And is available in a size larger than the LGX. The LGX is the softest and the most comfortable and expands in length more than the Titan or CX and is best for men with size loss that can be restored. There is more to it that that though. Some men have thinning of the tunica and need an AMS product as they are Tunica independent. The Titan is tunica dependent. And there are narrow cylinders for men who have narrow or narrowed corpora's from plaque scaring. A reason as I see it for doctors to use the LGX a lot is that no testing is done so it is safe for all men and with the expansion seems to have the ability to give good results with less experienced doctors. And it is more comfortable for the man with recovery. The Titan is better for girth and erection angle in men of above average size.

I had size loss from ED and I wanted either an LGX or if not a Titan. But left the choice to my doctor who choose the LGX. I have restored most of my lost size. Several well known doctors that I have talked to have stated that the 21cm LGX is pushing the limits of the device and have said I would need a CX or Titan if my device is replaced. The LGX did the job of helping restore lost length for me. To be clear this is about restoring "lost" size not enlargement over your natural size. It is enlargement over being shortened.

Now this is just my understanding of what I have read and I am not a doctor. There is more to this I would think than I know. Best thing to do is to find the best doctor you can and talk with the doctor about this. I would think a doctor would do a better job using a device he or she thinks is the right device for you. But some doctors only use one brand. One opinion on this is to at least consult a good doctor that uses bot brands to get a recommendation for which device is best. Then you can use a surgeon that only uses that brand if you want.

Of course there are men who can have either brand. Then is becomes a choice of the Titan with larger girth and a larger flaccid to conceal and more time to soften for relief from dog ears and better erection angle in above average size or AMS with more comfort and concealable flaccid.

Now all that being said my LGX is harder at max inflation than I ever was in my healthy youth. But my erection angle is less.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

riseagain

Postby riseagain » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:05 am

I thought the Coloplast gave you a more round look. Maybe when deflated it would look a little flatter. I worry about the dog ears, are they that noticeable and do they hurt that bad. How long until they soften up.

Pau1pau1

Postby Pau1pau1 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:39 am

I’m 4.5 weeks in and have a Titan. I can tell you it’s not at all comfortable wearing any pants.
Hurts like hell after a few hours. Praying it will loosen up in coming months , or I will be paying to take it out and have a ams installed .
Unless you are lacking in girth I would go ams.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:45 am

riseagain wrote:I thought the Coloplast gave you a more round look. Maybe when deflated it would look a little flatter. I worry about the dog ears, are they that noticeable and do they hurt that bad. How long until they soften up.

I do not have a Titan so someone else may be better to answer this. That being said the flatter shape is due to you having 3 erectile bodies in your penis. The IPP has 2 cylinders and only inflate 2 of those spaces. The third erectile body is on the underside around your urethra. It also provides Glan (head of the penis) engorgement. Some men continue to take oral ED meds after implant to help engorge the third erectile body. With out this engorgement the penis will be more flat.

I will let other men with Titan implants address the dog ear question. I have notice that while men do have this it seems to resolve after time.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

riseagain

Postby riseagain » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:06 am

Ok, thanks. that explains it better. Guess it's something to get use to.

Flounder

Postby Flounder » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:24 am

riseagain wrote:Ok, thanks. that explains it better. Guess it's something to get use to.

Lots of good information on this same topic discussed 3 months ago can be found here;

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18516
A-69, M-44, Battling ED since partial NS-Prostatectomy 2012 plus SRT for PCa return 2016
Pills & injections ran their course. Implant 11/11/22 by Dr. Eid.
Titan Classic 22cm, LH cylinder trimmed, Ectopic reservoir placement.

Return to “Implants”