4th surgery in 4 years

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Pamen116

4th surgery in 4 years

Postby Pamen116 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:59 pm

Morning FT. Lately I been struggling with heavy depression and my pump decided to break this week on top of that. I’ve been implanted 3 times since 2018 and now I’ll be needing another one.

My first implant was undersized and had pain from floppy glands.
My second implant developed a kink in the lower cylinder by the tubing and would only pump 1 side.
My third and current implant had its pump just go bad this week and will no longer pump fluid. This one is was also a undersize so I was meaning to get a revision at some point.

My problem now is life has hit me the past 3 years so hard. I lost my job and insurance that covered the IPPs and my credit score is shot from a chapter 7 I went through during this down fall. I lost some family during this time and my mental health went out the window. I’ve been on the road to recover my faith in God and tbh just overcome myself seeing that whatever may come about I must keep moving forward.

My worries are that by the time I get insurance (if I can a job) I still have to wait for the 9 month period to go by before I’m eligible for insurance. By this time I’m worried shrinkage will happen. I wish I came from money as id just pay the cost up front. Or if I had good credit I’d run straight to a care credit of some sort.

Anyways I’m really just venting looking for advice. I’m not sure what to do anymore. I just want this whole ED nightmare to stop haunting me.
30 yrs old. Current IPP failed in 2022. Waiting revision. No insurance. I’ve had both Titan & AMS.

oldbeek

Re: 4th surgery in 4 years

Postby oldbeek » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:52 pm

Use a VED in between and pray.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Baseballfan11

Postby Baseballfan11 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:06 pm

Pamen116 wrote:Morning FT. Lately I been struggling with heavy depression and my pump decided to break this week on top of that. I’ve been implanted 3 times since 2018 and now I’ll be needing another one.

My second implant developed a kink in the lower cylinder by the tubing and would only pump 1 side.
My third and current implant had its pump just go bad this week and will no longer pump fluid. This one is was also a undersize so I was meaning to get a revision at some point.

My problem now is life has hit me the past 3 years so hard. I lost my job and insurance that covered the IPPs and my credit score is shot from a chapter 7 I went through during this down fall. I lost some family during this time and my mental health went out the window. I’ve been on the road to recover my faith in God and tbh just overcome myself seeing that whatever may come about I must keep moving forward.

My worries are that by the time I get insurance (if I can a job) I still have to wait for the 9 month period to go by before I’m eligible for insurance. By this time I’m worried shrinkage will happen. I wish I came from money as id just pay the cost up front. Or if I had good credit I’d run straight to a care credit of some sort.

Anyways I’m really just venting looking for advice. I’m not sure what to do anymore. I just want this whole ED nightmare to stop haunting me.

I’m almost your age and expect to eventually go down the implant route, given the persistent non improving nature of my condition. While this post concerns me, I appreciate your honesty in sharing it. Do you feel as though you rushed into the implant decision? For me I want to fix this problem as quickly as possible but my emotions aren’t doctors, I don’t know if I know what’s best for me. PM me back if you’re comfortable. You’re helping me a lot
26 years old. USA. ED problem since teenage years. Doctor prescribed ED meds showing some efficacy but not a guarantee. As much as I’d like the implant I now think I should hold off if I’m seeing some results from pills

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:34 pm

Pamen116 wrote:Morning FT. Lately I been struggling with heavy depression and my pump decided to break this week on top of that. I’ve been implanted 3 times since 2018 and now I’ll be needing another one.

holy shit what a bad luck pamen116, I'm so sorry, these are the things that stop me from doing the implant, did the same doctor always do the three implants for you?
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Pamen116

Postby Pamen116 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:30 pm

Baseballfan11 wrote:

I’m almost your age and expect to eventually go down the implant route, given the persistent non improving nature of my condition. While this post concerns me, I appreciate your honesty in sharing it. Do you feel as though you rushed into the implant decision? For me I want to fix this problem as quickly as possible but my emotions aren’t doctors, I don’t know if I know what’s best for me. PM me back if you’re comfortable. You’re helping me a lot

I think I’ve just had bad luck for the past 3 years- I don’t believe this is the testimony of most. I may have jumped the gun with the doctor who did my first surgery but I didn’t jump the gun as to getting an implant, at least that’s how I feel currently.

VED, injections and pills rarely work for those who have venous leaks like me or they just aren’t practical for spontaneous intimate engagements. I regret not doing my research into what doctors were top tier in the beginning- the rest is more just bad luck because I did my research after and still ended up with the short straw.

Find the best surgeon you can before doing your IPP
30 yrs old. Current IPP failed in 2022. Waiting revision. No insurance. I’ve had both Titan & AMS.

Pamen116

Postby Pamen116 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:44 pm

frank66665 wrote:

holy shit what a bad luck pamen116, I'm so sorry, these are the things that stop me from doing the implant, did the same doctor always do the three implants for you?

They were separate all 3. The first was local here in Texas- he was a old gentleman who did IPP but not like a high volume surgeon would. He shorted me hard core. I was 8 inches pre venous leak- he gave me a 18 by 2rte. The glands would hurt so bad because I had to pump more than usual in order to have some size that the implant loss. So it would be solid up the shaft and at the head it would just be cold and floppy.

Next was Kramer - who in hindsight did a good job but I could never get ahold of him to explain how the tubing was entangled and the cylinder wasn’t inflating right, he just always responded all looks well. He had implanted a 22 by 1rte, which fit so much better than the first but still a bit missing at the top. I needed a revision to fix the left cylinder and untangle tubing bulge.

The 3rd was implanted by Dr Kansas out in ATX, honestly he was a good guy and I can’t say anything bad about my experience other than him sizing me short. He implanted me a 18 by 3rte just to be safe that I didn’t have any further problems. Idk why sizing shorter makes the chances less likely but hey it is what it is. Pump broke a few days ago on March 28.

At this point I’m waiting for a response from Kansas on my implant warranty but tbh I don’t want to go back to the CX with this MS pump- I’ve read way too many in this forum having the pump go bad in like a 3-4 year span, some even shorter. I think Titan is more durable but now I’m in a pit of being broke and trying to figure out how to fix my penis. Most of the time family doesn’t understand how this situation can destroy your social life, work and headspace.

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:01 pm

@pames116, after the first 2 we also needed the pump and that c .... I really wish you all the best to return to live after all these misfortunes
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Fourtytwo00

Postby Fourtytwo00 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:36 pm

Have you ever considered a semi rigid at this point?
Maybe it's not so hard like an ipp and less confortable in flaccid state but cheaper, less invasive and with a shorter recovery time. Perhaps you'll end up with an inflatable later, when you'll dick recovered from these yearly surgery and you'll be financially more secure.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:29 pm

There are places that loan money for medical needs only. Most have little or no credit requirements, but that means high interest rates. Also, the manufacturer might pay part or all since it's a defect. Good Luck.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Thisworld

Postby Thisworld » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:08 pm

Pamen cuold you describe to us more in deep what happened during these years and which doctors have you visited?
Hard flaccid syndrome since 2019. Trying to get better with conservative treatments but an implant is on my radar

Return to “Implants”