4th surgery in 4 years

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: 4th surgery in 4 years

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:48 pm

Pamen116 wrote:(edited for focus)
VED, injections and pills rarely work for those who have venous leaks like me or they just aren’t practical for spontaneous intimate engagements.

While I found a VED not worthwhile for sex, they definitely are useful for therapeutic purposes. They suck blood into your penile tissues, keeping oxygenation levels up. They pull blood into the penis much as a regular erection does, but independent of arterial inflow or venous leak. In short, they work to keep your penile tissues from shrinking or losing elasticity.

This has been known to work before implant and lately to work even after implant.

Since therapeutic use does not involve constriction rings (you keep the VED on for the entire therapy session - usually about 30 minutes twice a day), any vacuum device that can maintain a seal will do, even cheap sex shop models or homemade ones. A vacuum is a vacuum and a $20 device can be as effective as a $500 medical grade device.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Endoftheline

Postby Endoftheline » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:51 pm

Pamen116 wrote:
frank66665 wrote:
Pamen116 wrote:Morning FT. Lately I been struggling with heavy depression and my pump decided to break this week on top of that. I’ve been implanted 3 times since 2018 and now I’ll be needing another one.

My first implant was undersized and had pain from floppy glands.
My second implant developed a kink in the lower cylinder by the tubing and would only pump 1 side.
My third and current implant had its pump just go bad this week and will no longer pump fluid. This one is was also a undersize so I was meaning to get a revision at some point.

My problem now is life has hit me the past 3 years so hard. I lost my job and insurance that covered the IPPs and my credit score is shot from a chapter 7 I went through during this down fall. I lost some family during this time and my mental health went out the window. I’ve been on the road to recover my faith in God and tbh just overcome myself seeing that whatever may come about I must keep moving forward.

My worries are that by the time I get insurance (if I can a job) I still have to wait for the 9 month period to go by before I’m eligible for insurance. By this time I’m worried shrinkage will happen. I wish I came from money as id just pay the cost up front. Or if I had good credit I’d run straight to a care credit of some sort.

Anyways I’m really just venting looking for advice. I’m not sure what to do anymore. I just want this whole ED nightmare to stop haunting me.

holy shit what a bad luck pamen116, I'm so sorry, these are the things that stop me from doing the implant, did the same doctor always do the three implants for you?

They were separate all 3. The first was local here in Texas- he was a old gentleman who did IPP but not like a high volume surgeon would. He shorted me hard core. I was 8 inches pre venous leak- he gave me a 18 by 2rte. The glands would hurt so bad because I had to pump more than usual in order to have some size that the implant loss. So it would be solid up the shaft and at the head it would just be cold and floppy.

Next was Kramer - who in hindsight did a good job but I could never get ahold of him to explain how the tubing was entangled and the cylinder wasn’t inflating right, he just always responded all looks well. He had implanted a 22 by 1rte, which fit so much better than the first but still a bit missing at the top. I needed a revision to fix the left cylinder and untangle tubing bulge.

The 3rd was implanted by Dr Kansas out in ATX, honestly he was a good guy and I can’t say anything bad about my experience other than him sizing me short. He implanted me a 18 by 3rte just to be safe that I didn’t have any further problems. Idk why sizing shorter makes the chances less likely but hey it is what it is. Pump broke a few days ago on March 28.

At this point I’m waiting for a response from Kansas on my implant warranty but tbh I don’t want to go back to the CX with this MS pump- I’ve read way too many in this forum having the pump go bad in like a 3-4 year span, some even shorter. I think Titan is more durable but now I’m in a pit of being broke and trying to figure out how to fix my penis. Most of the time family doesn’t understand how this situation can destroy your social life, work and headspace.

Fuck man I am so sorry you're going through this! It's maybe best to go with a malleable for now to preserve size, and save up until you can go to a legit implanted to end this horrible saga you're going through :(
29 years old and suffered from ED for over 16 years
I had hard flaccid (Potentially Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction) , turned to long flaccid after priaprism incident.
implanted June 24 2022
24 cm XL Titan
L: 5.7 G: 5.0 (no arousal)
L:6.5 G:5.3 (aroused)

Minnesota

Postby Minnesota » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:49 pm

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Was each revision done by the same doctor with AMS? What does the doctor say? Have you spoken to AMS (Boston Sci) about it? Being undersized twice is unforgivable in my opinion and something that one or both of those parties should be supporting you with.
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

SquadCaptain74

Postby SquadCaptain74 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:15 pm

Minnesota wrote:I'm so sorry you're going through this. Was each revision done by the same doctor with AMS? What does the doctor say? Have you spoken to AMS (Boston Sci) about it? Being undersized twice is unforgivable in my opinion and something that one or both of those parties should be supporting you with.

I concur here. BSCI is quite specific in their training and medical specifications for practitioners. It would appear from reading this thread, that the issue (common denominator) is the physician - not the device. I can maybe contend that a singular issue erupts - but THREE - HOLY CRAP - what are the odds?

I highly encourage you to reach out to BSCI too and work with their advocacy teams. Moreover, I'd be interested to know what your urologist is saying or what culpability s/he has in this debacle.

At the end of the day - I'm sorry youre going through this. Hope you find resolution.
Northern Virginia
Boston Scientific AMS700 (2020)

ScrewedbyDoctors

Postby ScrewedbyDoctors » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:52 pm

I really appreciate that you are sharing what happened to you, is obvious that implants are very invasive and who know the real number of the implants that go well. Kramer has a lot of bad reviews and he is a high volume implanter. Stay strong
I had a trauma 2 years ago, caused me narrowing, dent and shortening. PRP injections three months ago=worse narrowing, and worse ED. Now I only have two choices: impotent or implant. Born in 1975, in a relationship with girlfriend fir 4 years

Return to “Implants”