Life span on implants

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SW0110

Re: Life span on implants

Postby SW0110 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:37 pm

I have read about them lasting a few months to 20 years. The one thing is once you do it you will have to continue them unless some new discovery comes out.

My first one was at 57. Replacement 1 year later after hernia surgery and implant mysteriously quit working. Had my replacement scheduled within a week of finding out my old one broke.

I will keep fixing this thing till I either die or my dick falls off.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

wolfcreek

Postby wolfcreek » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:55 am

The ones whose implants work well and for a long time post frequently on this forum (about how the implant lasts for so many years, how great it is, how much it changed their lives, etc). I suspect a lot of those posters are implant industry shills/promoters (data skewers)...... On the other hand, the ones who have less than spectacular results, especially regarding the lifespan of their implant, are far less likely to post here. After all, what good would it do to come on here and complain about how quickly their implant wore out, how it didn't meet manufacturer claims , etc?

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:44 am

Even though my Titan was never used, and was inflated only a few times, it quit working after 12 years - the pump stopped moving fluid.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Endoftheline

Postby Endoftheline » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:38 pm

wolfcreek wrote:The ones whose implants work well and for a long time post frequently on this forum (about how the implant lasts for so many years, how great it is, how much it changed their lives, etc). I suspect a lot of those posters are implant industry shills/promoters (data skewers)...... On the other hand, the ones who have less than spectacular results, especially regarding the lifespan of their implant, are far less likely to post here. After all, what good would it do to come on here and complain about how quickly their implant wore out, how it didn't meet manufacturer claims , etc?

Tbh the opposite is much more likely to be true, people will come here to vent if their dick breaks, and will forget about franktalk if they're implant works perfectly. Most newcomers are either considering the implant or about to go bionic. After a few years you probably know the answers to all the questions most often posted. If they made good friends here, you don't need the forum to keep in touch either.
29 years old and suffered from ED for over 16 years
I had hard flaccid (Potentially Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction) , turned to long flaccid after priaprism incident.
implanted June 24 2022
24 cm XL Titan
L: 5.7 G: 5.0 (no arousal)
L:6.5 G:5.3 (aroused)

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:45 pm

Endoftheline wrote:
wolfcreek wrote:The ones whose implants work well and for a long time post frequently on this forum (about how the implant lasts for so many years, how great it is, how much it changed their lives, etc). I suspect a lot of those posters are implant industry shills/promoters (data skewers)...... On the other hand, the ones who have less than spectacular results, especially regarding the lifespan of their implant, are far less likely to post here. After all, what good would it do to come on here and complain about how quickly their implant wore out, how it didn't meet manufacturer claims , etc?

Tbh the opposite is much more likely to be true, people will come here to vent if their dick breaks, and will forget about franktalk if they're implant works perfectly. Most newcomers are either considering the implant or about to go bionic. After a few years you probably know the answers to all the questions most often posted. If they made good friends here, you don't need the forum to keep in touch either.

I’m in agreement with you. I think wolfcreek has this completely backwards.

Guys with perfectly functioning implants are LESS likely to be online here posting about them. Sure, some are here because they feel part of a community, or want to help other guys, but most of them aren’t here. They are busy doing other things with their time.

Guys with problems with their implants are MORE likely to be here searching for advice, suggestions, answers.

If anything, the posts here likely skew the data to give the impression they last for a shorter period of time than they do.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:38 pm

I’m on this site several times a week and dig into every aspect of ED. Finally got a date for an implant after my orientation appointment with implanter. He stated that a Coloplast installed by a reputable (high volume) Dr should last a minimum of 10 years and quoted the info from Coloplast that todays implants are better than ever and should last over 10 years. Either way with me I’m having issues with injections and pills stopped working over a year ago so a hard erection is only going to be had with an implant…I’ll take my chances…. Also I can see that if my implant goes great, I’ll definitely not be on FT quite as much as my ED will be cured as long as my implant works! Wasn’t interested in this site til I had ED! Good luck to all stay posted for my journey which begins may 18th!!
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Cartman

Postby Cartman » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:47 pm

Pamen116 wrote:In reality what is the lifespan of a average IPP? I heard people say it 13 years but I’ve found it rare to come across anyone who’s had it for longer than 5

While I was on the fence for a while in deciding in going bionic, I found out that a cousin of mine that also had prostate cancer and removal, had one installed.

He gave me all the details of what to expect and so on. He was the main reason I decided to do it, plus also going out pocket $22K.

Questions I asked more than once were:

1) How long has he had it?....... (15 years)

2) How often does he use it? ...... (3-4 times a week for the past 15 years)

3) How crazy can he and his girlfriend ** Mind you, he is 70yrs old and she is 35 yrs old...... (According to him they fuck as if the world is about to end) According to him, the cancer scare taught him to not hold back on anything. Hence the younger woman.

4) Does he still pump after all this time?..... (Yes, specially when she is exhausted, so he masturbates to keep the pipes loose)

This is the best I can contribute, personally I did mine on March 4th, I am doing awesome, cycling twice a day and April 18th I get to pop my cherry again with the wife.

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:50 pm

GoodWood and others have it right. In my case, a year out from my very successful implant surgery, I spend a lot less time and comment less frequently than I did before being implanted. In all the years on this board, I have never reached out to or been contacted by a man I didn't think was a genuine individual, so I also think wolfcreek has it wrong. Heck, I've even had face to face meet ups with a few! I do feel though, that I owe the other men on this board so much for helping me deal with my Peyronie's and ED, as well as before and after getting the implant. I keep showing up just in case I can help other guys, even if in a small way, as I was helped.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:52 pm

all implant doctors say that today's implants last longer than those of a few years ago, no one asked why in detail?
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:54 pm

I am a success story who intends to remain on FrankTalk in order to help other men (and to pay back to FrankTalk and to men in general what benefitted me) and to learn for myself. After all, new information is coming all the time.

This, whether or not my results are spectacular or not.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”