Airport security experience

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
oaaaak

Airport security experience

Postby oaaaak » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:56 am

Hello,

I am considering an impalnt surgery next month.

As my job takes frequent international air travels, I am worried about being stuck up at the airport security. Usually I go along with my colleagues, so it could be embarrassing :?

Do security officials notice the implant when you go through the body scanner? Do they ask?

Do they pat down and check? Does the magnetic defector react when it goes through your crotch?

I donot live in the states, so I would really appreciate if I can hear your expereinces in airports outside the US.

I would like to hear your experience.

oldbeek

Re: Airport security experience

Postby oldbeek » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:13 am

All know, is on my doctors x ray machine , the picture shows 2 tiny white dots in my scrotum. ! the IPP pump and the other the AUS pump
Last edited by oldbeek on Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

TheCanalGuy

Postby TheCanalGuy » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:16 am

oaaaak wrote:Hello,

As my job takes frequent international air travels, I am worried about being stuck up at the airport security. Usually I go along with my colleagues, so it could be embarrassing :?

Do security officials notice the implant when you go through the body scanner? Do they ask?

Do they pat down and check? Does the magnetic defector react when it goes through your crotch?

I donot live in the states, so I would really appreciate if I can hear your expereinces in airports outside the US.

I just had a surgery and Dr Clavell gave me a kit including a card with my details and his details to describe the IPP (my implant) response to the airport scanner with some tech details that the immigration officers will easily understand. It is the size of a business card and you can carry with you when travelling. I will be travelling in about 5 days from now in an international flight from the USA. I'll let you know if my Coloplast Titan XL implanted yesterday would cause any suspicion at the airport and how useful is the card, in the event I had to use it.
49yo - ED since I was 35 -Oral therapy stopped working- Trimix/Bimix too strong even at the lowest dosage. Now Bionic thanks to Dr. Clavell since March 9 2022. Titan XL 24 cm, no rear tips, trimmed down to 23.5 cm. Reservoir 110ml.

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:18 am

I've been thought 6 or so full body scanners and not a single time have I been patted down or checked after it.
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

RoboCock69

Postby RoboCock69 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:49 am

ViaSwiss wrote:I've been thought 6 or so full body scanners and not a single time have I been patted down or checked after it.

Same. It's the most overblown worry with an implant, IMO.
Born 1982. Implanted with Coloplast Titan 22cm in August 2021 by the great Dr. Perito in Miami. 6.125" BPEL, 5.25" EG. "It's the girth that gets her off."

TheCanalGuy

Postby TheCanalGuy » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:03 pm

Have you already booked the surgery? Most surgeons will schedule a telemedicine call first, that alone can take from 2 weeks to a month depending on their agenda, then they can book you a surgery most probably another month or two waiting time for an availability spot. Even a full month from now, seems too optimistic.
49yo - ED since I was 35 -Oral therapy stopped working- Trimix/Bimix too strong even at the lowest dosage. Now Bionic thanks to Dr. Clavell since March 9 2022. Titan XL 24 cm, no rear tips, trimmed down to 23.5 cm. Reservoir 110ml.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:51 pm

TheCanalGuy wrote:

I just had a surgery and Dr Clavell gave me a kit including a card with my details and his details to describe the IPP (my implant) response to the airport scanner with some tech details that the immigration officers will easily understand. It is the size of a business card and you can carry with you when travelling. I will be travelling in about 5 days from now in an international flight from the USA. I'll let you know if my Coloplast Titan XL implanted yesterday would cause any suspicion at the airport and how useful is the card, in the event I had to use it.

one day out of surgery, your pain is still blocked. hope you are flying first class or business coach. maybe you are just tough as nails.ice it down. maybe attendant can freeze your pack again for you. have you notified the airline that you need full handicap service? That is also a big help. good luck on that flight.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

TheCanalGuy

Postby TheCanalGuy » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:38 pm

@oaaak I don't consider myself tough and I know that as soon as the painkillers injected during the surgery are wearing off I will feel some pain, however I don't expect to be in excruciating pain a full week after surgery, I also have two prescription pain killers with me and OTC Extra Strength Tylenol. If I cannot stand a 4 hours flight I would be very disappointed. By the way I will be travelling business class.

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:56 pm

Canal guy: I have been thry\u numerous cities in the US, including the following international cities, Barcelona, Sp, Rome It Athens, Gr, .Jerusalem IS, With nary a problem. One guy asked me if I have a prosthesis, I said yes, a penile implant and he waved me right thru.

Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

JiminFL

Postby JiminFL » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:34 pm

9 flights post-bionic and the scanner has picked it up 8 times. Each time I've told them I'm implanted. 6 pat downs, never a problem beyond that.
57yr old. In shape. Controlled hypertension. 20+ years of PDE5. TRT 4yrs. Trimix 2yrs. Titan 24cc implanted 8/25/20

Return to “Implants”