Concerns around orgasms and partner reactions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
helloworld

Concerns around orgasms and partner reactions

Postby helloworld » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:21 pm

Hi folks,

I have some questions from your experience with an implant. I don't have one yet and right now for me it's hard to reach orgasm. I can imagine that with an implant it can be even more difficult, making it hard to cum during sex.

I wanted to ask the honest thoughts from folks that have implants:

- Did your partner ever complained about your difficulties to get an orgasm?
- How did you address this issue?
- Did your partner left because of that?

On a side note, I' only 36... These days, while I am evaluating the option of an implant, it comes to my mind the person I was before all this ED madness and I am feeling a little bit of self-pity for all these limitations. Any words of encouragement (as a bonus) would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Quincy

Re: Concerns around orgasms and partner reactions

Postby Quincy » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:37 pm

Sorry you have to do this so young. Many of us are depressed when our equipment stops working, we feel less "male", and give up hope on ever really enjoying sex to its fullest. I, for one, can tell you that sex now is at least as good as, and in many ways better, than it was for many, many years before the implant. Because I can stay hard as long as I want, I can always help my partner to climax. The act of sharing that deep intimacy is one of the most fulfilling things about sex. But I also find my own orgasms to be as strong as they were, even if it takes just slightly longer for me to get there during sex. For some of us, a little delay can be a good thing.

I know there are some men with implants who have trouble reaching climax, but there are many of us who do not. I'm not sure why there is a difference. Obviously, no one knows what your experience with an implant will be. Go to the best surgeon you can find, one with lots of experience, and tell him what concerns you and ask how he can help resolve those concerns. I interviewed 3 very good surgeons before I chose the one to do the work. I told each one what concerned me most and the surgeon I chose had the best responses, as well as the most experience. My concerns were these:

1. Wil orgasms feel "right", both for sex and solo?
2. How can I regain some of the size I've lost to atrophy and what will you do to insure I get the best result possible in terms of size?
3. What procedures do you use to insure a low infection rate, and what is your rate of infections for the surgeries you've done? (I'm diabetic and infection is a bigger issue than for non-diabetics.)
4. What type of surgery do you do (infrapubic or peno-scrotal), how long will it take before I can "activate" the implant, how long before I can resume normal exercise, and how long before I can use my dick again?

I'm extremely satisfied with my implant and get a lot of use from it. While I'm much older than you, I wish I had done this at a far younger age. It would have made a big difference in our lives and our intimacy. My wife has not complained about anything having to do with the implant, but then we've been married over 40 years and she's the only partner I have. She doesn't mind that sometimes it takes me a little longer to climax and sex now for both off us is better than in decades.

I hope you get the answers you need. IMO, there is life after ED, and it can be very good.

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

helloworld

Re: Concerns around orgasms and partner reactions

Postby helloworld » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:29 pm

Thanks a lot for the encouraging words, Quincy. That questionnaire is very useful, I'll bring those questions to my next appointment.

I'm relatively young and single and all this situation brings a lot of fears to me.

I've heard from other young folks that things are going well, but it's impossible not to feel a bit nervous about the situation.

If anyone else has thoughts to share, those are highly welcome as well.

Return to “Implants”