Scar tissue restraints

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Matthew

Scar tissue restraints

Postby Matthew » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:29 pm

I cannot remember the name of the operation but it they basically pull the oposite side of the curve to straighten out the penis and by doing this it shortens some. Now, my question is about implants and scar tissue/plaque. When the plague is removed somewhat to alot for the implant, does it "free up" what was being pulled short because of curve created by plaque? hope that makes sense. I am pretty shore I would gain a half inch easy if the plaque restriction was loosed from tissue etc.

bluis6214

Re: Scar tissue restraints

Postby bluis6214 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:26 pm

Matt,
I'm no doc, but had so much plaque on the right cavernosa that my surgeon seriously considered inserting a cylinder on only the left side. The plaque in my case went all the way across the right side about an inch below the glans about an inch thick. That inch amounted to a loss of about two inches. I think if he would have removed the plaque no telling how much would have been lost. He used a special tool (forgot what its called) that scrapes a hole through the plaque and placed the cylinder through it. The scar tissue will not stretch, but he had me use a VED 2x a day for 8 weeks prior to my surgey to ensure that we got the maximizes amount of stretch possible. The day of the surgery he was able to stretch to 6.5", and told me that I would probably end up between 5-6". Well as of today I can inflate to 6.5 x 5.5". With only the slightest of curvature, in fact its straighter than before my fracture. Talk to your doc about what to expect, and let him know what you expect.
Good Luck.
55 years old. ED since 2002 total venous leakage after penile fracture. Tried all the pills and injections all failed to help. Some success with VED, but felt too unnatural to both of us, seldom used. Implanted 06/21/12. Trying to wear IT out.

radiodec

Re: Scar tissue restraints

Postby radiodec » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:58 am

Different kind of scar tissue to interfere with implants! I just had my implant surgery aborted. When they went to place the catheter for the procedure, scar tissue at the bladder wouldn't let them. This is scar tissue from my 12-3/4 year old Radical Prostatectomy. They reamed out the scar tissue so I now have a month's wait before any other surgery down there.

Scar tissue may have been both a fried and a foe, since though it kept me from emptying my bladder (no symptoms though) it probably also prevented incontinence proplems.

So that was all to say that I am now one of the group waiting to find out just what the scar tissue isuue has caused. For me it may mean a second implant (AUS) to control incontinence, hopefully not. So far only a months delay.

Here is hope that all our scar tissue issues resolve in the best way and wishing Hard Time to all.

Radiodec
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

Return to “Implants”