Implant Surgery Sept 4 2012

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rsmith4259

Implant Surgery Sept 4 2012

Postby rsmith4259 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:06 pm

have surgery for an implant scheduled for Tues, 9/4/2012. Getting antsy and scared about the pain. As I understand it, I will be in a fair amount of pain and swelling for around 10 days. Any words of encouragement?

How long will it be before I can take a shower?

Thanks.

Matthew

Re: Implant Surgery Sept 4 2012

Postby Matthew » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:54 pm

No and to your second question, six months!

J/K I am set for Sept 12 and have been not thinking about it. I bet I will as it gets closer :shock:

ariadne

Postby ariadne » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:06 pm

Courage. Concentrate on the changes that this implant will have on your life. Perhaps my experience is the exception, but I went to the surgery in good spirits. I had some pain following the surgery, (AMS700LGX) but it was handled well by the nurses. Only one shot of morphine. My hospital stay was overnight because I had not urinated the required amount to be safe to go home. My wife photographed the surgical location in the recovery room, and I made a complete photo journal of the experience including size before and after recovery. I rested at home comfortably with hydrocodone pain killer, walked around, but avoided lifting or exercise. The result: improved self esteem, a return to satisfying sexual relations with my wife. and overall a happier day to day. I wish you the same.

reynell

Postby reynell » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:29 pm

I had mine may of this year, stayed overnight and had minimal pain for a week. after the first three days otc meds took care of it. Swelling was the most diff prob to deal with only hurt to sit down. Its really not bad at all. They not only cut me horiz but up the shaft too to relocate tissue inside the shaft so mine was more extensive. He used disolving stitches so i didnt have them taken out. You will perfer warm baths atleast twice a day that felt the best to me.

my dr told me it was ok to take a shower when the insision healed up about a week to 10 days. and then be careful. Watch for infection and any unusual pain. Also after you bath or shower make sure you sit so you air dry real good down there before you put anything on. Moist areas cause infection and slow insision healing.

good luck and keep us updated.
rey

buckshot

Postby buckshot » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:27 pm

Had my implant surgery on August 6th. and , aside from the discomfort associated with the scrotal incision site, have had no problem at all. Pain has been minimal....be very careful with the use of the oxcodone for pain because it has a great tendency to give you a GIANT size case of constipation. Stick with something like Tylenol if it will do the job for you. Take it very easy for about 2 weeks after the surgery and avoid doing anything that causes you the first signs of pain or discomfort.....be patient...complete healing takes time but I think the results will be worth all the effort! 8-)

CountryBoy

Postby CountryBoy » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:40 pm

Had a AMS 700 installed August 17. The doc's practice is to have a 1 night hospital stay. I used pain meds for the better part of a week, now, 2 weeks out, intermittently use Tylenol or Ibeprofin. There is some pain, but more discomfort. I think most, if not all, of the swelling is gone. Just getting used to pumping it up. I am looking forward to be fully healed and using it!

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:21 am

I was implanted with the Coloplast Titan in December 2007 after developing ED Post-Prostatectomy in 2004.
My wife and I love my Titan Implant --- it restored both our sex life and emotional bond.
Wish the same for you.

Bob

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Hello, not scheduled for implant surgery, yet. I have an appointment with my urologist to discuss same on 9/4. Had a radical prostatectomy for prostate cancer in January 2000. Shots work for a while but not now. No cancer, psa <0.01, but sever ED.

Good Luck

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

k.b.marino

Postby k.b.marino » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:20 pm

Hi, and for what it is worth, got my AMS700 LGX on June 28th. Felt so good 24 hrs after surgery, that when I got home from hospital, went grocery shopping. Don't do it. It increased my swelling. Read my journey under implants. Titled "I'm in the club.". Make rice socks. Put about 5 of them in freezer. You will need them. I stopped Percocet after 1.5 days. Tylenol was all I used after that. I showered day after surgery. All depends on what doc tells you though. My incision was covered with dermabond. Kept it dry, let me heal and stay sweet smelling. You will be fine. Get people to pray you through it all. I did and I healed well and am using implant. First few times in were touchy. Gets much better as I continue to heal. Most pain gone after 10 days. Learning to sit comfortably takes time and practice. After a month, you probably won't even think about it. Keep us posted.
Age 46, Type 1 diabetes since age 6. Northeast Ohio here Tried orals, injections-single agent, bimix. AMS 700 LGX on 06/28/12 at the Cleveland Clinic by Dr. Drogo Montague

buckshot

Postby buckshot » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:56 pm

Well, you're a couple of days post surgery now.....hope everything went well. Just take it real easy for the next several days and it'll make the healing go faster and easier. I'm almost ready to get into the inflating and deflating process and I can hardly wait! Keep us posted on your progress............JOE 8-)

Return to “Implants”