Can the coffin effect be reversed?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
guyinthedarkness

Can the coffin effect be reversed?

Postby guyinthedarkness » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:30 pm

As I didn’t pumped up my implant as it was planned and my penis became thinner after one year after surgery I’m sure I have the coffin effect. When I pump to 90-90% it’s the most heavy pain ive ever felt. Do you think that this scar tissue caused by the coffin effect can be reversed?

Is there any solution?

Would really like to get some answers.

Best regards

personfromon

Re: Can the coffin effect be reversed?

Postby personfromon » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:27 pm

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question but an additional question--what is the "coffin effect" you are referring to?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:36 pm

personfromon wrote:Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question but an additional question--what is the "coffin effect" you are referring to?

"Coffin Effect" is a term I first encountered in 2016 (whereuon I started this thread

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6814&p=44451

It refers to the limitation on inflation caused by the implant being limited in expansion by the formation of scar tissue encapsulating the implant. So, it is also known as a "pseudo-capsule"

It can be quite uncomfortable to break up scar tissue anywhere in the body. Take for example my shoulder. I had surgery and then went through several weeks of physical therapy to restore my range of motion. I know people who do not do the therapy wind up being unable to reach up hign, or around behind their backs sometimes.

The good news for the OP is that it is possible to stretch or break up that scar tissue. The bad news is that it is painful.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

guyinthedarkness

Postby guyinthedarkness » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:15 am

Lost Sheep wrote:
personfromon wrote:Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question but an additional question--what is the "coffin effect" you are referring to?

"Coffin Effect" is a term I first encountered in 2016 (whereuon I started this thread

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6814&p=44451

It refers to the limitation on inflation caused by the implant being limited in expansion by the formation of scar tissue encapsulating the implant. So, it is also known as a "pseudo-capsule"

It can be quite uncomfortable to break up scar tissue anywhere in the body. Take for example my shoulder. I had surgery and then went through several weeks of physical therapy to restore my range of motion. I know people who do not do the therapy wind up being unable to reach up hign, or around behind their backs sometimes.

The good news for the OP is that it is possible to stretch or break up that scar tissue. The bad news is that it is painful.

Thank you very much! And can you Tell me how it’s possible to break up the scar tissue and reverse it? Or is it only possible due to surgery?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:00 am

guyinthedarkness wrote:Thank you very much! And can you Tell me how it’s possible to break up the scar tissue and reverse it? Or is it only possible due to surgery?

For my shoulder, it was stretch and pull daily and some degree of discomfort. Torture by a VERY good looking young lady (which helped make the medicine go down).

Read the medical journal article to get a hint of what it takes to prevent formation of the pseudo-capsule, then multiply to ten to get an idea of what it takes to break up the pseudo-capsule.

Just like sex, you will have to work for it. No pain, no gain. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. And it is orgasmic!
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

guyinthedarkness

Postby guyinthedarkness » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:05 am

Lost Sheep wrote:
guyinthedarkness wrote:Thank you very much! And can you Tell me how it’s possible to break up the scar tissue and reverse it? Or is it only possible due to surgery?

For my shoulder, it was stretch and pull daily and some degree of discomfort. Torture by a VERY good looking young lady (which helped make the medicine go down).

Read the medical journal article to get a hint of what it takes to prevent formation of the pseudo-capsule, then multiply to ten to get an idea of what it takes to break up the pseudo-capsule.

Just like sex, you will have to work for it. No pain, no gain. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. And it is orgasmic!

Thank you! If I pump at 90 or 100% my penis Stil burns like hell and painkillers doesn’t work for it.
Also the aspect that it has lost girth over the year after my surgery worries me but I really hope it will get better over time.

Unfortunately cycling more than 20 minutes it’s not possible for me because of the pain, it’s incredible. And than just on 80%.

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:15 am

You will be able to break it up, it's just going to take time and pain.

The sooner you get started the better. Cycling regularly, pump till you feel pressure, keep it inflated for as long as you can handle it. Too sore to handle? Then ease off a bit, try again.

I'm still in this stage, it's not fun! Patiance and determination, my boy. Crack on!
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

guyinthedarkness

Postby guyinthedarkness » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:12 am

LeRoastBeef wrote:You will be able to break it up, it's just going to take time and pain.

The sooner you get started the better. Cycling regularly, pump till you feel pressure, keep it inflated for as long as you can handle it. Too sore to handle? Then ease off a bit, try again.

I'm still in this stage, it's not fun! Patiance and determination, my boy. Crack on!

Thank you! Do you have any experiences or studies about this to read?

Im worried that I’ve done irreversible scarring which results in penile shrinkage, due to not cycling for so long.

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:39 am

I have read time and again about people regaining size on here, it's amazing, from peyronies (which is itself scar tissue), to atrophy from disuse over years.

There is also literature on the lgx model which details the idea behind stretching out scar tissue, regaining size over time after implantation. People regain size beyond one year of cycling. I can't remember where I found the studies, but they were provided to me. I have an MSc in health psychology (soon to be Doctorate) so I'm good at critiquing them. I'm not talkingout of my arse if that's what you fear!
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:02 pm

guyinthedarkness wrote:
LeRoastBeef wrote:You will be able to break it up, it's just going to take time and pain.

Thank you! Do you have any experiences or studies about this to read?
Im worried that I’ve done irreversible scarring which results in penile shrinkage, due to not cycling for so long.

I agree with LeRoastBeef. Capsular contraction is actually fairly common in the human body. Its the bodies self defense mode to "wall off" foreign objects. If advice is to be found for treatment. I would suggest researching on breast encapsulation. It is a common problem with breast implants. Since breast implants are more common than penile implants. It should be easier to find ideas.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”