Revision/Replacement Infection Risk Trajectory - Shocked

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Pau1pau1

Re: Revision/Replacement Infection Risk Trajectory - Shocked

Postby Pau1pau1 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:05 am

No I’m on Ralph’s waiting list on the nhs.
He said less than 1% for first implant. Let’s say 10 yrs down the line it’s 3% for the first revision.
Now let’s say 8 yrs on you need another it’s also 3% .

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:57 am

I’ve done research till I’m exhausted… Eid is by far one of the best! But never hear talk of Dr. Perito at coral gables hospital In coral gables Florida. He does as many if not more than Eid, and published his infection rates which are very similar. Where Eid does the no touch scrotal approach, Perito does intrapubic minimally invasive aproach. Eid takes 40-45 min to do surgery and Perito takes 10-15 min…super low infection rates, extremely high volume Drs. Also there’s certified Drs all over the country who do the minimally invasive technique trained by Perito. I’ve found one in Dallas who I’m going with early next year… good luck to all you implanted or soon to be implanted .
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:57 am

This is a link for the study on case volume infection rates. https://www.garber-online.com/pdf/Highe ... ctions.pdf It also shows the rates of reoperations for other than infection in relationship to case volume. And probability of reoperation out to 120 months. This is for the first surgery only and had very close to 15,000 cases studied.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

TwoStep

Postby TwoStep » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:26 pm

Where are Ralph, Perito, Eid, etc., getting their estimates from? Do they check up on you on their own initiative months/years after surgery?

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:06 pm

Rider1400 wrote:I’ve done research till I’m exhausted… Eid is by far one of the best! But never hear talk of Dr. Perito at coral gables hospital In coral gables Florida. He does as many if not more than Eid, and published his infection rates which are very similar. Where Eid does the no touch scrotal approach, Perito does intrapubic minimally invasive aproach. Eid takes 40-45 min to do surgery and Perito takes 10-15 min…super low infection rates, extremely high volume Drs. Also there’s certified Drs all over the country who do the minimally invasive technique trained by Perito. I’ve found one in Dallas who I’m going with early next year… good luck to all you implanted or soon to be implanted .

First, I'm not sure that there is a wrong or right way to enter the pubic area. But it seems to me that how the tubing is routed around the penis down into the sack can cause issues in some men. It might depend how their fat pad is to a certain degree.
I've decided that I'd prefer the scrotal.
By all means, I do agree that Perito has to be in the upper tier of implant surgeons. Even if you don't use him as your surgeon. His YouTube videos are very informative.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

ScrewedbyDoctors

Postby ScrewedbyDoctors » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:13 pm

I do not trust any studies, they are never accurate.
I had a trauma 2 years ago, caused me narrowing, dent and shortening. PRP injections three months ago=worse narrowing, and worse ED. Now I only have two choices: impotent or implant. Born in 1975, in a relationship with girlfriend fir 4 years

robertm

Postby robertm » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:16 pm

Why is the infection rate higher for subsequent revisions?
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

Return to “Implants”