Lifting Heavy Objects After Penile Implant Surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Cigar56

Lifting Heavy Objects After Penile Implant Surgery

Postby Cigar56 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:37 pm

I'm semi-retired but do some food delivery occasionally for Uber eats. How long after IPP before I would be able to lift a case of bottled water out of the trunk or lug a large (20-pound) watermelon up three flights of stairs? I'm looking to return to the Uber eats gig after about 3-4 weeks recovery. Too optimistic?

Thanks.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

Odecko

Re: Lifting Heavy Objects After Penile Implant Surgery

Postby Odecko » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:57 pm

My doctor recommends light lifting (nothing over 25 lbs) after two weeks and 4-6 weeks you should be able to do all activities.
Last edited by Odecko on Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
53 yrs old...Widowed at age 34 after 10 years; remarried at 41. Diagnosed with PC at 47. Tried Pills, VED, & Injections & all failed. Dec/2021 - Coloplast Titan XL 24 cm + 1 cm RTE penoscrotal. (Hakky)NOW- LIFE IS GOOD!

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:08 pm

Depends on the case a bit but 16.9-ounce bottles with a 24-count case is a bit over 25 pounds just for the water so rounding up for the bottles and packaging to approx. 30 lbs. I cannot remember for how long, but I was on a 10 lb weightlifting restriction after surgery. Someone may be able to remember how long they were on this, and this may even very from doctor to doctor and patient to patient. And it may also vary from infra pubic to pena scrotal. If you have a doctor you are seeing now for this I would ask the doctor.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:25 am

My doctor's directions were no more than five pounds the first two weeks and then slowly return to lifting normal amount of weight.

I think by four weeks you should be good. But if I were you, I would get definite directions from my doctor.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:07 am

Thanks for the replies guys. I do have a surgeon, Dr. Jeff Brady of Orlando. Just wanted to see what other guys are being told by their doctor. Thanks again.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:51 am

Cigar56 wrote:Thanks for the replies guys. I do have a surgeon, Dr. Jeff Brady of Orlando. Just wanted to see what other guys are being told by their doctor. Thanks again.

My doc said 10 pounds for 6 weeks. Truthfully I took about 4 months before I lifted anything heavy. The day my 3 y/o grandson hopped in my lap about 8 weeks out probably had something to do with that, LOL.
Good Luck on your upcoming implant!
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:37 pm

Cigar56 wrote:Thanks for the replies guys. I do have a surgeon, Dr. Jeff Brady of Orlando. Just wanted to see what other guys are being told by their doctor. Thanks again.

Please be carefull comparing one doctors advice against anothers. A doctor could do the surgery just a bit different or use a different anesthesia. Maybe he saw abnormal scar tissue. Thus outcomes & warnings can be different.
Ultimately, depend on your own doctors advice the most. He was the one that was there.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:06 pm

Gt1956 wrote:

Please be carefull comparing one doctors advice against anothers. A doctor could do the surgery just a bit different or use a different anesthesia. Maybe he saw abnormal scar tissue. Thus outcomes & warnings can be different.
Ultimately, depend on your own doctors advice the most. He was the one that was there.

Gt,

Good points. Ultimately I will follow my surgeon's instructions to the letter. But I would want to push back a little and have him tell me "why" when I am hearing different information from other patients. But yeah, at the end of the day I will do what my surgeon suggests.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:04 pm

Cigar56 wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:

Gt,
Good points. Ultimately I will follow my surgeon's instructions to the letter. But I would want to push back a little and have him tell me "why" when I am hearing different information from other patients. But yeah, at the end of the day I will do what my surgeon suggests.

Not to split words. As Lostsheep says repeatedly & I agree with him. Become part of the team. Not to just lay there or to nag your doctor but to understand what is going on. I think on some level, many doctors respect that.
I do know that in my case. As I was in my consultation with the Dr that I lean towards. He did mention that I used the correct words & knew what they meant. I learned them from here on FT & watching YouTube videos. I feel that it sure helped to have that knowledge.
Learn as much as you can. Best of luck to you. You can handle this.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”