Dr Rafael E Carrion recommendations

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
fredgermanholes

Dr Rafael E Carrion recommendations

Postby fredgermanholes » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:45 pm

Hi guys any of you have treated by rafael carrion?

i would like to know how many implants per year,

what is his infection rate?

please if any knows anything about him let me know.

jackpTenn

Re: Dr Rafael E Carrion recommendations

Postby jackpTenn » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:03 pm

Fred

I know nothing about him. I looked him up and he practices at the University Hospital and the VA.

With the VA the only implant they use is the Coloplast. Coloplast was the low bidder on the government contract.

What implant does he use in his private practice?

How many implants does he do a year? Looks like he does a lot of general practice urology.

I have a list of about 16 question. If you will send me an email I will be glad to foreward it to you.

Jack
Peyronies 1995
Penile Implant 10/08
Dr. Douglas Milam @ Vanderbilt
Normal Again

fredgermanholes

Postby fredgermanholes » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:54 pm

Thanks Jack, I already have all those questions. But just the first two help me to decide if I make the first appointment.

The other thing that help me a lot is listen people who were implanted by the Dr It self. That is what i'm looking for now.

Off course I can ask to the Dr for a list off people, but I like to hear people in the group that is not necessary on those lists

Charlie999

Postby Charlie999 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Update on my appt with Dr. Carrion -- I did not keep the appt, because I called them before the appt to ask a few questions. One of my questions referred to the use of trainee doctors involved in the operation. I was informed that they are a medical traning facility and would most probably be involved in the operation. I opted out, and explained that I did not want a trainee working on that part of my anatomy. Your mileage may vary on this one. My situation: Implanted 1.5 years ago and suddenly developed a leak -- bulb went flat -- had consult with Uro in Orlando and he advised a complete revision -- replace everything.
Still contemplating.....

Charlie
85 married 36 yrs. implanted by Dr. Paul Perito June 14. Complete revision by Dr. Ralphael Carrion May 17 because of leaking Coloplast.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:05 pm

Charlie999 wrote:Update on my appt with Dr. Carrion -- I did not keep the appt, because I called them before the appt to ask a few questions. One of my questions referred to the use of trainee doctors involved in the operation. I was informed that they are a medical traning facility and would most probably be involved in the operation. I opted out, and explained that I did not want a trainee working on that part of my anatomy. Your mileage may vary on this one. My situation: Implanted 1.5 years ago and suddenly developed a leak -- bulb went flat -- had consult with Uro in Orlando and he advised a complete revision -- replace everything.
Still contemplating.....

Charlie

I don't blame you.... I wouldn't want trainees working on me either. Why not go back to Dr Perito?

Charlie999

Postby Charlie999 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:58 pm

Thanks Ed, appreciate the response.
For some reason, I had a terrible time navigating Coral Gables. Also, I really disliked the CG Hospital, where I had to recoup in a hallway with a drape around with a 24 hour bookie within 5 feet. Also, I think the nurses never heard of a thing call DIABETES. Had it not been for my wife, things would have really gone south. She had a real go with the nurses, but she is an M.D., with a 30 year medical practice behind her, so they didnt really have much of a chance. My wife had to keep my D steady while I was there. Reluctant to be confined there again. Might still go because of Dr. P. - but hopefully he can do me in another facility. Thanks again, Ed.

Merry Christmas,

Charlie
85 married 36 yrs. implanted by Dr. Paul Perito June 14. Complete revision by Dr. Ralphael Carrion May 17 because of leaking Coloplast.

Boulder

Postby Boulder » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:12 pm

I was implanted by Dr. Carrion, he's the best of the best! He did a complete revision, took everything out and reimplantd a Coloplast Titan. I told my story here a few months ago, do a search for me (Boulder) and it should come up. Carrion is a superb surgeon, he does over 300 procedures a year and over half are repairs on guys from the big "name" high volumn surgeons. He is very low key, wears scrubs at the consultation and doesn't have a fancy website. He did my fourth, yes, my fourth implant, the so called best of the best couldn't get right. I have nothing but praise for the man. He even gave me his cell number in the event I had a concern. His father was the "Godfather" of the implants. Perito was mentored by him. He even talks about him (his father) in some of his videos. I have nothing but praise for the man, and I have NEVER heard a single derogatory remark about him.

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:34 pm

Yes obviously Perito has a serious criminal record and has an odd mystique with slicked hair and cowboy boots. Be careful

Boca Grande

Postby Boca Grande » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:50 am

I'm scheduled to meet with Dr. Carrion in mid-January. This would be my first implant. What should I expect time wise as to any subsequent visits prior to surgery and to the surgery itself? Since I have to drive a couple of hours for the appointment, I would like to get as much taken care of through the initial visit. On my own, I've already started pre-op VED stretching.
ED problems started around age 50, getting progressively worse. Received a Coloplast Titan, with the Genesis pump, implant on June 12, 2017 at age 68. Diagnosed with venous leak and scar tissue prior to surgery. Surgeon: Rafael Carrion, Tampa, Florida

Return to “Implants”