Single Men & The Female Opinion

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
David_Webb

Re: Single Men & The Female Opinion

Postby David_Webb » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:40 pm

Defiant,

Sorry for the lag but I’m not on here that often. Like others in here have experienced the implant :D was part of the reason we split. The ex was the one who informed me her friends husband performed the surgery and suggested a consult. After the post-op cool down period she was hesitant and was not interested in being intimate. We went to couples therapy that specializes in sexual intimacy and it came out that sex was not important to my SO. I had a hard time with being unable to for 20+ years and then with a partner that was not interested. There were other issues with my self confidence that was rooted in the long ED that added to the stress that ultimately resulted in the split.

There is/was a lot of guilt splitting up with someone that stayed with me with my ED and I didn’t stay with them to work through their sexual issues. We tried the therapy for 8 months and it was probably the hardest decision of my life. Not sure I made the right choice still but think it was the best worst option.

I’m kinda leaning towards not settling down again but still have a little hope I find someone that compliments my defects.
New Hampshire, 42, Diagnosed with ED early 20’s. VL Left side, Implanted 7-9-18, Dr. Gross, Titan OTR, 22cm +1 RTE, Penoscrotal.

slipnslider

Re: Single Men & The Female Opinion

Postby slipnslider » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:44 pm

David_Webb wrote:Defiant,

Sorry for the lag but I’m not on here that often. Like others in here have experienced the implant :D was part of the reason we split. The ex was the one who informed me her friends husband performed the surgery and suggested a consult. After the post-op cool down period she was hesitant and was not interested in being intimate. We went to couples therapy that specializes in sexual intimacy and it came out that sex was not important to my SO. I had a hard time with being unable to for 20+ years and then with a partner that was not interested. There were other issues with my self confidence that was rooted in the long ED that added to the stress that ultimately resulted in the split.

There is/was a lot of guilt splitting up with someone that stayed with me with my ED and I didn’t stay with them to work through their sexual issues. We tried the therapy for 8 months and it was probably the hardest decision of my life. Not sure I made the right choice still but think it was the best worst option.

I’m kinda leaning towards not settling down again but still have a little hope I find someone that compliments my defects.

Sounds like she was probably bummed that your ED got fixed, since she didn't like sex anyway.
You did the right thing. Sexual connection and enjoyment is one of the best parts of the human experience, and no one should be deprived of that unless they dont want it.

That said, most women lose sexual attraction to their husbands after a few years. The husband has to work really hard to keep things new and fresh enough to prevent this from happening.
44, ED problems began around age 28 when I was on finasteride for hair loss, and also got circumcised so I lost a lot of sensation. Pills gave me bad headaches and other side effects. Now using trimix 30/1/20. So far so good.

Return to “Implants”