Ams Lgx max pumped

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Patrick123

Ams Lgx max pumped

Postby Patrick123 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:18 pm

I am approx 5months post op and loving my implant. I have grown in length with cycling and hope there is a bit more to gain.

My question is how do you know when you are fully pumped up to the max? Full fluid out of reservoir and into the cylinders. Does the pump just press flat when you try pump more or does it get rock solid?

I think I have a while to go yet until I empty my reservoir, however it would be useful to know when the time comes.

Best Wishes,
Pat
37Yrs young. ED for over 15yrs due lifelong venous issues. Tried tablets, injections etc. Implanted 04/2021. AMS LGX 18cm 3cmRTE.

subhash

Re: Ams Lgx max pumped

Postby subhash » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:24 pm

Patrick123 wrote:I am approx 5months post op and loving my implant. I have grown in length with cycling and hope there is a bit more to gain.

My question is how do you know when you are fully pumped up to the max? Full fluid out of reservoir and into the cylinders. Does the pump just press flat when you try pump more or does it get rock solid?

I think I have a while to go yet until I empty my reservoir, however it would be useful to know when the time comes.

Best Wishes,
Pat

Pat,
how often did you cycle post surgery and for how long pl?
Implanted AMS 700 LGX 15 + 4 RTE penoscrotal incision, 65 cc reservoir ;

Masonjames

Postby Masonjames » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:35 pm

Patrick123 wrote:I am approx 5months post op and loving my implant. I have grown in length with cycling and hope there is a bit more to gain.

flat

Best Wishes,
Pat

At around 6 months my Titan pump went flat while pumping. I knew then that it was maxed out.
70 year old, Married 53 years with two adult children.
Tried pills, herbs, and Trimix. Implanted by Dr. Hakky , in Atlanta, on the 1st, of September. Titan XL 24cm's with two 1.5cm"s RTE"s

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:38 pm

You will know it's maxed out the pump does not reinflate after compression. Then you're out of saline.
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

KenJ1947

Postby KenJ1947 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:27 pm

LeRoastBeef wrote:You will know it's maxed out the pump does not reinflate after compression. Then you're out of saline.

I asked my AMS rep about various things, she replied with this:

"You should never have to pump > 25 -40 pumps with your device. It has a safety mechanism in the valve that once it reaches a certain pressure gradient it will not transfer any more fluid – the pump will still pump, but fluid is not transferring. I have attached some exercising guidelines to this email that might assist you with your device."

It seems I've been pumping blanks (pun intended). This is from an AMS document she sent:

"There are a few exercises that you can do that will assist you in getting back some of your length and girth. By doing these exercises, it will allow the device to act as a tissue expander and will stretch the “tunica”, which is the tissue that the device sits within. The important thing to know about these exercises is that you must do them daily and it is a process that can take time. I tell patients that you can develop length and girth over the next 6 months to 1 year. It is much like going to the gym and lifting weights. It isn’t instantaneous, because you must stretch out and retrain the tissue (like building your muscles). The good news is they are very simple, and if you are faithful in exercising you may notice a difference over the next year.

"1. Pump the device until the bulb becomes hard (in the early days that may only be 3-4 pumps – do not worry about the number). When the bulb becomes hard:
"2. Wait 60 seconds
"3. Then pump 1-2 more times
"4. Wait 60 seconds
"5. Pump 1-2 more times
"6. Leave the device inflated for at least 20 minutes
"7. Perform this exercise 2 times per day"

FWIW, I'm at my 6 month "anniversary". I'm highly dissatisfied with the implant. When I got approval for "using/cycling" I was almost 6"...I'm down to just over 5 after all the pumping and cycling. Although I been positive and negative, I'm seriously negative right now.
Married 50+ years, 75, ED for 10 years.

Dr Mark Allen, Plano, TX. Surgery at Baylor, Scott and White Frisco, TX. AMS 700 CX MS, 24 cm + 2 cm RTEs x 2.4 cm tubes, 100 ml reservoir.

4 grandkids (son 25, daughter 23, son 21, daughter 7).

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:54 am

How do you account for the reduction in 1 inch length between initiating cycling and now?

I, along with lostsheep, came to the conclusion that there must be a by pass mechanism when a certain max pressure is reached. There was no other explanation for the phenomenon we experienced. This was debated before, so it's s nice to hear confirmation that there is a mechanism that prevents over inflation.
30's
UK

Patrick123

Postby Patrick123 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:53 am

@subhash , I cycle twice a day- am and pm for around 1hr each time... its probably too much but who knows as everyone seems to have their own cycling regime and thoughts.

As stated I have gained close to an inch in 5months , not sure if this is direct result of cycling or just being able to regain some length ED had stolen from me over the years.

LaRoast - many thanks for your information. So the last pump will leave the pump squashed in essentially? Until deflation?
37Yrs young. ED for over 15yrs due lifelong venous issues. Tried tablets, injections etc. Implanted 04/2021. AMS LGX 18cm 3cmRTE.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:22 pm

Patrick123 wrote:@subhash , I cycle twice a day- am and pm for around 1hr each time... its probably too much but who knows as everyone seems to have their own cycling regime and thoughts.

As stated I have gained close to an inch in 5months , not sure if this is direct result of cycling or just being able to regain some length ED had stolen from me over the years.

LaRoast - many thanks for your information. So the last pump will leave the pump squashed in essentially? Until deflation?

PATRIC123, You got answers that are all over the place and some not true. When you pump up to Max the ball will get hard. Wait a few minutes ( I bend my dick around to see if it will stretch more) , then see if you can get more quick pumps in. The ball will be hard. NOW: If you squeeze slowly the ball will go flat, but a hard ball with quick pump is maxed out.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:57 pm

Patrick,
Yes.
Eventually, when you run out of saline, the bulb will not reinflate after compression, you now have a vacuum, there is no matter left to draw into the bulb, the reservoir is empty.
When you deflate it will fill it again.

Maybe you will never get to that stage. I am not there yet.
30's
UK

Patrick123

Postby Patrick123 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:24 am

Many thanks for engaging.... however this is getting confusing now as there seems to be different opinions on when implant is max pumped.

So during cycling at the moment I get around 9 full pumps and then through out the 45min to an hr I can add smaller pumps, I do this every 3min or so. I know I have not maxed out yet as even towards the end of the cycling I can still squeeze a little more in.

However I just wanted to know when the day arrives that I am maxed out how would I know... for example, the pump just press flat and stays flat, or pump becomes rock solid, or pump will continue to pump but you know there is no more fluid.

Thanks again for all inputs.

Return to “Implants”