implant with scrotoplasty at the same time

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
INDIANA BONES

implant with scrotoplasty at the same time

Postby INDIANA BONES » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:36 pm

Scheduled for implant December 15th with a scrotoplasty at the same time. If anyone has done both procedures at the same time would you do it again? Planning to take a 1000 mile road trip 7 weeks after procedure and wondering if that is recommended from a comfort standpoint.

October26

Re: implant with scrotoplasty at the same time

Postby October26 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:53 pm

INDIANA BONES wrote:Scheduled for implant December 15th with a scrotoplasty at the same time. If anyone has done both procedures at the same time would you do it again? Planning to take a 1000 mile road trip 7 weeks after procedure and wondering if that is recommended from a comfort standpoint.

I did both at the same time approximately one year ago. I highly recommend it even though the incision is larger so the recovery time is longer. If you do it with the implant, it is covered by insurance, otherwise it is considered aesthetic and uncovered. I am very happy that I did it. My surgeon suggested it and I am so glad that she did. The erect and even the flaccid penis looks so much better. (I was not as concerned about the look as my surgeon was.) I have pictures before and after.
Coloplast Titan 22 cm + 1.5 cm RTE 10/26/2020

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:32 am

I had both at the same time and I had scrotal webbing from the bottom of the glans. My surgeon uses dissolving sutures. That results in what he called whiskers for the ends of the stiches and they can be uncomfortable. I still had a few after 6 weeks. And ended up removing the last couple myself. It was a very long incision and I used 4x4 dressing pads to cover it. But it was really worth it. I would recommend having it done. It is more area to care for infection. So just be really strict on your wound care.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

rjdoan

Postby rjdoan » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:06 pm

newbie443 wrote:I had both at the same time and I had scrotal webbing from the bottom of the glans. My surgeon uses dissolving sutures. That results in what he called whiskers for the ends of the stiches and they can be uncomfortable. I still had a few after 6 weeks. And ended up removing the last couple myself. It was a very long incision and I used 4x4 dressing pads to cover it. But it was really worth it. I would recommend having it done. It is more area to care for infection. So just be really strict on your wound care.

Darn, I wish I had remembered to ask my URO to do it when I was being implanted. But, I had a few other things happening then. I really do not like the scrotal webbing, I wonder if there is a medical reason to have it removed?
Bob Doan
65 yo, Prostate Cancer - radiation therapy 2018, ED 20 years used pills, MUSE, trimix. Weekly testosterone injections for TRT. AMS 700 CX implanted Feb 12, 2021, 18/1, by Dr Herati, Johns Hopkins

Return to “Implants”