Any Incontinence after Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Chieftekie

Any Incontinence after Implant

Postby Chieftekie » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:16 pm

I know I will eventually get an implant. Right now I am using a VED to try and regain as much length as I can I had a RP 10 years ago. I asked my urologist if I could have a sling put in at the time of the Implant and he suggest I wait and see how my incontinence improves after any Implant. Right now I have moderate stress incontinence. I was continent for 6 or 7 years after my Implant. Kegels don't seem to work or maybe I am not doing them right so I basically stopped after six months of doing them. Any ideas.
Thanks

rjdoan

Re: Any Incontinence after Implant

Postby rjdoan » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:28 am

Chieftekie wrote:I know I will eventually get an implant. Right now I am using a VED to try and regain as much length as I can I had a RP 10 years ago. I asked my urologist if I could have a sling put in at the time of the Implant and he suggest I wait and see how my incontinence improves after any Implant. Right now I have moderate stress incontinence. I was continent for 6 or 7 years after my Implant. Kegels don't seem to work or maybe I am not doing them right so I basically stopped after six months of doing them. Any ideas.
Thanks

OK, so this is a bit confusing, but I think you were continent for 6-7 years after your RP (which is great). I have seen videos on YouTube where a sling and implant are done in the same surgery. I don't understand how an implant would improve your incontinence. My advice, and I'm not a doctor but I did have mild incontinence after my radiation therapy for prostate cancer--keep doing the Kegels, reread how they are done and do them faithfully. If your incontinence doesn't improve, talk to your doctor about it again and consider a second opinion before surgery. My thought is why do two surgeries when one will suffice.
Bob Doan
65 yo, Prostate Cancer - radiation therapy 2018, ED 20 years used pills, MUSE, trimix. Weekly testosterone injections for TRT. AMS 700 CX implanted Feb 12, 2021, 18/1, by Dr Herati, Johns Hopkins

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:17 pm

I noticed my incontinence more after getting my implant only because I started having intercourse with the implant. I would expel a small bit of urine when I orgasmed. My wife hated it. I got an AUS installed. Still urinate with orgasms. AUS is not a cure all.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Chieftekie

Postby Chieftekie » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:05 pm

oldbeek wrote:I noticed my incontinence more after getting my implant only because I started having intercourse with the implant. I would expel a small bit of urine when I orgasmed. My wife hated it. I got an AUS installed. Still urinate with orgasms. AUS is not a cure all.

Thank you for your insight.

Chieftekie

Postby Chieftekie » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:06 pm

rjdoan wrote:
Chieftekie wrote:I know I will eventually get an implant. Right now I am using a VED to try and regain as much length as I can I had a RP 10 years ago. I asked my urologist if I could have a sling put in at the time of the Implant and he suggest I wait and see how my incontinence improves after any Implant. Right now I have moderate stress incontinence. I was continent for 6 or 7 years after my Implant. Kegels don't seem to work or maybe I am not doing them right so I basically stopped after six months of doing them. Any ideas.
Thanks

OK, so this is a bit confusing, but I think you were continent for 6-7 years after your RP (which is great). I have seen videos on YouTube where a sling and implant are done in the same surgery. I don't understand how an implant would improve your incontinence. My advice, and I'm not a doctor but I did have mild incontinence after my radiation therapy for prostate cancer--keep doing the Kegels, reread how they are done and do them faithfully. If your incontinence doesn't improve, talk to your doctor about it again and consider a second opinion before surgery. My thought is why do two surgeries when one will suffice.

Thank you so much.

Raycaba

Postby Raycaba » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:25 pm

I had incontanace issues when I got the implant doctor did a what he called a mini dupet which you can pump a few times and your urine is shut off till you deflate. This makes it great for intercourse because I never have to worry about leaking. I even use the pumping at night not to leak then too! If you’ve had prostate issue or any bladder issues and plan on getting a implant know your going to leak. Especially when urinating and finishing till you master the milk and shake technique. This mini dupet which is like a modern version of the “sling” really works and I would recommend Doctor Carrion as he has mastered it in France and brought it back to the US.

Return to “Implants”