Reservoir encapsulated surgery an option?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jonarr

Reservoir encapsulated surgery an option?

Postby Jonarr » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:12 pm

Hi well it would appear 7 weeks post op my reservoir remains encapsulated. I was left fully inflated for first two weeks and at the review the consultant noted that I was only partially deflating, but that the encapsulation would correct in time. I’m finding that a bit hard to believe this far in - when I deflate the cylinders reinflate about half full within 10 minutes and I remain at 45% semi firm erection as a default position. I have heard corrective surgery is an option anyone been down this route? The permanent semi is quite intrusive and uncomfortable in trousers and underwear, I don’t fancy living indefinitely without every being able to go to beach, swimming etc
Implant 10 August 2021
Age 56
North Yorkshire UK
NHS patient
Zephyr implant

AST2123

Re: Reservoir encapsulated surgery an option?

Postby AST2123 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:32 pm

Hi Jonarr,
If it completely deflates before re-inflating, then it might be the lock valve not closing, not the reservoir. It happens sometimes to me and to many bionic men. Try to squeeze your penis again 2 or 3 minutes after deflating, or add 1 or 2 pumps after completely deflating.
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

newbie443

Re: Reservoir encapsulated surgery an option?

Postby newbie443 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:57 pm

I agree with AST2123. These devices are made to be durable and start off really tight. They in some cases require a break in period. Some longer than others. The term used for what you are having is auto inflation. I had this. And I did use the fully deflate then do the fast first or several pumps to pop the valve into inflate mode to lock the valve to prevent this. It also is used to smooth some of the dog ear points early on in this. Mine took many months to fully break in and work properly. Now I just push the deflate button until I feel the buzz of fluid going back in the reservoir after I release the deflate button. I have the AMS MS pump. Not sure what you have. But now in deflate mode fluid will continue to be pushed back into the reservoir with daily activity. I have no need to do a lot of squeezing of my penis.

Good luck going forward with this.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Return to “Implants”