A New Implant’s Lumps & bumps

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jack1104

A New Implant’s Lumps & bumps

Postby Jack1104 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:28 pm

This one is more for the long-time implanted…

When deflated, I notice all kinds of nodules, lumps, and bumps… very depressible so I know it’s bends/kinks in the cylinder. One in particular pushes on the side of the shaft and hurts a bit. When I inflate it goes away so I assume it is a crease in the cylinder when deflated. Is this kind of thing just par for the course and to be expected? Do they “soften” over time?

Jack
Coloplast Titan 20cm no RTEs
9/17/21 Dr. Eid

micromitso

Re: A New Implant’s Lumps & bumps

Postby micromitso » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:02 pm

You will find a lot of discussion of this phenomenon if you search for "creases in cylinders" and/or "dog ears" or "dogears"

I'm on my second implant (1st broke after 7 or 8 years of use) and it's a bit longer than the previous, and I have the same "problem"

I actually came back onto the forum to ask other guys with these bumps if they can address my question -- is there any harm in keeping the implant inflated just enough to smooth out the creases in the cylinders? They're only a problem for me in my flaccid state, and go away with 4-6 pumps
Proton beam radiation for PCa June 2012, part of a new clinical trial, followed by doc every 3 months. AMS implant Sept 2013 to treat ED of long-standing. Widower

SW0110

Re: A New Implant’s Lumps & bumps

Postby SW0110 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:53 pm

I had creases with my titan and now with my ams. Yes. If you are deflated you are going to feel the cylinder folds as well as the tubing.

Most all of that goes away when you are pumped up.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Return to “Implants”