Pressure on bladder, feel like I need to pee all the time..

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jpcfrank

Pressure on bladder, feel like I need to pee all the time..

Postby Jpcfrank » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:51 am

Hi

So I am now 19 days post surgery with my AMS 700 CX.

Generally speaking everything has gone well, I have my next appointment in a couple of weeks when I should get cleared to start cycling.

My main concern is that I feel uncomfortable and feel like I need to urinate even when I don't, it feels worse standing up. I originally put this down to the catheter being removed and my body adjusting but that was out on day 2....

My urologist just thinks it's a case of getting used to the reservoir and he is not concerned unless there is blood etc but this feeling is not going away or getting better.

Did anyone have this and did it go away, ? Any advice other than the usual drink lots of water

Thanks in advance
AMS 700 CX
21+ 4cm
Implanted 01/09/21

newbie443

Re: Pressure on bladder, feel like I need to pee all the time..

Postby newbie443 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:56 am

The reservoir is placed next to the bladder and uses the space the bladder uses to expand when full. Most all are at least partially inflated after surgery so some of the fluid is out of the reservoir. When you start cycling you will deflate more than you probably are now. So this is just you adjusting to this. And something to get used to and it will change when you start cycling. Just give it time and you and your body should adjust. Like your doctor has said. But if it does not keep your doctor advised. I would say 3 months to 6 months post op unless you have pain or some indication of infection or bleeding.

Good luck going forward and welcome to the brotherhood.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:40 pm

I initially had this issue the first few months, but it seems to have resolved itself.
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

TangoGolf

Postby TangoGolf » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:55 am

I recall having to pee a bit more frequently immediately after getting my implant. I wrote it off as post-surgical swelling. It resolved itself after a couple of weeks.

A few months before I was implanted, I had a cystoscopy unrelated to the implant. After that, I developed Acute Prostatitis, an infection in my prostate. I felt like I had a fever, and had pressure on my bladder and rectum all the time. It was pretty uncomfortable, I felt a LOT of internal swelling. I spent loads of time in the bathroom until the antibiotic wiped out the infection and relieved the pressure gradually over about 10 days.

A little swelling around your bladder after implant surgery is normal. Seriously uncomfortable pressure and a constant feeling of having to urinate and defecate is not. In that case, go see your urologist.
TangoGolf - aka Tom, upstate NY, USA
- implanted w/Titan by Dr. Eid Jan 2020, veinous leakage
- activated on day 3, still ecstatic with it
- very satisfied with Dr. Eid, both the man and his work

Return to “Implants”